Rachel117

General Hospital Ipoh

3 posts in this topic

Hi All! Anyone here got experience to deliver at General Hospital (GH) Ipoh? At first, I was having my monthly checkup at the Klinik Kesihatan, then afterward they refer me to the General Hospital (GH) since I am having twin baby, so they treat it as high risk case. So currently i need to visit both Klinik Kesihatan and GH both monthly.

What I wonder is everytime i visit the GH, they arrange me to visit different trainee doctor, so is it meant that until the day I get deliver also my case still handle by different trainee dr?

I am really blur with the procedure in GH. and I feel a bit worry after listen for too much of "horrible" story regarding to deliver at GH. Hope that anyone who got the experience can share with me here. :D

Hi Rachel117,

I had the same feeling when I was told they were going to transfer me to GH to deliver Jeanie, my second daughter. I was leaking at 34 weeks and my gynae at ISH said I should be delivered straight away as she was worried of possible infection. The peds at ISH were not confident taking up my case as they did not have a ventilator on stand by at that time. Hence, they decided to transfer me to GH. However, I have to say that my experience with GH was really good - very impressed with the nursing care. Actually, GH has some of the best consultants, but you have to be prepared that there will be several different doctors taking up your case...but they are supervised by their SMOs or consultants...

My baby was born 6 weeks premature, and she had to stay in the Special Care Nursery for 2 weeks before I could bring her home. I was pleasantly surprised - the doctors and nurses were very good and caring - in fact, the nursing care quality of GH is even better than some private hospitals! What is not so impressive are the toilets - yuck!! I tried my best not to visit the toilets - and the building's old - but in terms of service, they are as good as the private hospitals, if not better...

And, most importantly, I saved over RM20k on my hospital bill!!!!! :)

Good luck!

Hi All! Anyone here got experience to deliver at General Hospital (GH) Ipoh? At first, I was having my monthly checkup at the Klinik Kesihatan, then afterward they refer me to the General Hospital (GH) since I am having twin baby, so they treat it as high risk case. So currently i need to visit both Klinik Kesihatan and GH both monthly.

What I wonder is everytime i visit the GH, they arrange me to visit different trainee doctor, so is it meant that until the day I get deliver also my case still handle by different trainee dr?

I am really blur with the procedure in GH. and I feel a bit worry after listen for too much of "horrible" story regarding to deliver at GH. Hope that anyone who got the experience can share with me here. biggrin.gif

Hi Rachel117,

I had the same feeling when I was told they were going to transfer me to GH to deliver Jeanie, my second daughter. I was leaking at 34 weeks and my gynae at ISH said I should be delivered straight away as she was worried of possible infection. The peds at ISH were not confident taking up my case as they did not have a ventilator on stand by at that time. Hence, they decided to transfer me to GH. However, I have to say that my experience with GH was really good - very impressed with the nursing care. Actually, GH has some of the best consultants, but you have to be prepared that there will be several different doctors taking up your case...but they are supervised by their SMOs or consultants...

My baby was born 6 weeks premature, and she had to stay in the Special Care Nursery for 2 weeks before I could bring her home. I was pleasantly surprised - the doctors and nurses were very good and caring - in fact, the nursing care quality of GH is even better than some private hospitals! What is not so impressive are the toilets - yuck!! I tried my best not to visit the toilets - and the building's old - but in terms of service, they are as good as the private hospitals, if not better...

And, most importantly, I saved over RM20k on my hospital bill!!!!! smile.gif

Good luck!

hi all, i know this is an old thread, i just want to ask so in the end both of u give delivery in ipoh general hospital? we are expecting this feb, cant decided to go private or government... we know we could save alot if go to government, but worry of quality of service , etc... but hearing comments from a few and NJ1005 above, i think their service is reasonable... right? care to share any updated comments?

also i heard in private like KPJ after natural birth the doctor there has very good skill to sew back the wound and reconstruct the vagina back to tighter and smaller shape like before birth?, does government provide that too? sorry for bring back the old thread, hope u all can share some light on the matter...