mymom

Make Your Unborn Baby Happy!

6 posts in this topic

First Trimester

(Weeks 0-12)

Succumb to your cravings. Many moms-to-be develop intense cravings for certain foods during their pregnancy, like chocolate, ice-cream and pasta. A study by the University of Helsinki revealed that moms who ate a little chocolate everyday during their pregnancy had babies who smiled and laughed more often compared to those whose moms didn't, so go ahead -- indulge and give your baby a treat!

Take a catnap. Fatigue is pretty common in the first trimester as your body is working overtime to make the placenta. So catch a nap when you're feeling tired -- it'll help boost energy.

Eat eggs. Eggs are rich in choline, which is vital for your baby's neurological centres of learning and memory. Make sure your eggs are cooked enough for both the white and yolk to be solid, as soft-boiled or raw eggs could contain salmonella bacteria, which can lead to food poisoning.

Load up on folates. Folates are essential for preventing neural tube defects such as spina bifida, so eat a variety of folate-rich foods: Excellent sources include green beans, cabbage, green peas, spinach, cauliflower, peanuts and wholegrain bread.

Take food high in omega 3 fatty acid because it helps the development of nervous system in babies and a study shows consuming omega 3 fats during pregnancy can make babies smarter. Drinking milk during pregnancy is also important because it’s an important source of calcium and protein.

Healthy diet was my major concern during pregnancy as I became so particular about what goes inside my tummy. I just want to ensure that my baby is getting the healthiest and nutritious foods because that is important for his lung and brain development and overall growth. Vitamins and maternal drink is a must thing for me during the whole 9 months and still it is now, because I'm breastfeeding my baby biggrin.gif

Hi, when I was pregnant I ate almost everything I wanted and thought only positively so now my baby is healthy and happy, also I read lot of information in the Net that's my favorite may be it will help you to learn something interesting https://saymommy.com/c/pregnancy/ good luck!!!

Just make sure you don't eat anything that is raw or look like raw. Raw food are not safe and may contain some contamination that can be easily kill if it was well cooked.