Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mymom

How to handle stress?

6 posts in this topic

Do you all feel stressed at work... or because of wedding, family etc? Just wanna start this thread to share tips on some ways to get rid of the stress n be happy everyday! :unsure:

Do you all feel stressed at work... or because of wedding, family etc? Just wanna start this thread to share tips on some ways to get rid of the stress n be happy everyday! :unsure:

I think I can start after such a long time... Everybody has their own worries that may lead to stress. The reason why you're stressed up is because you really think you cannot make deadlines. From the work point of view, you've been doing work all this while. If you know what you're doing, then you won't feel anything. If not, then its time to look for another job. From the 'wedding' part, I would think that you're just nervous about the whole thing. Talk with your future husband about it. He's dying to help out. That's because you're stressed because you hog everything to do and you're just lost. I would suggest to put everything down on a checklist and start from the top. You can get a list from leading wedding magazines in stores. Then about Family... this is interesting.. it depends... husband, kid(s), mother in law... list goes on... conclusion... life goes on with or without stress and you cannot get rid of it... just sit down and think things over before doing it.

Below are my ways of handling stress (steps which I take in no particular order and may do simultaneously):

1. Take deep breaths

2. Imagine yourself as a 3rd person to the current situation. Then think of ways to improve the situation

3. Walk away and come back in 10 minutes

4. Listen to soothing musics

5. Look at greens (trees/flowers)

6. Read some jokes from the internet

7. Play online games

8. Watch a comedy

9. Go for spa/mani/pedi/facial/hair treatment

10. Sleep (I sometimes get tension headache. So, take panadol and try to sleep it off)

Hope this helps.

Haha I have a very weird solution to handle stress -- eat! So I have a tendency to become fat when I'm stressed. That's why I always have the worry when I face stress. I really wish I could control my appetite when I'm stressed one day in future..(hopeless..)

Stress is really inevitable. I suggest pampering yourself every now and then to release stress.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I work in a customer service job and there's a lot of stress, especially lately. Does anyone have suggestions how to handle the stress in customer service to keep from losing it.

Facebook Layouts