kittykat

Egg Donation Programme

74 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm considering for Egg Donor Programme as i'm suspected for some heritary genetic disease. Though no test can proven but i have family trait which i strongly believe i'm suspected carrier. I have done most of the soul-searching and it's actually a blessing if i manage to get a another baby (I hv one conceive naturally) eventhough he/she don't have my genes.

From rough research, the procedures are similar with IVF with the only different is the eggs retrival is from the donor instead of your own. My journey now is to find a good fertility clinic, get a good donor and undergo the IVF/Donor Programme.

Anyone can recommend for a good Fertility Centre with Good Donor history? No TMC pls as they are famous for high price and money-making attitude. Where can i get egg donor beside going through the agent or relatives?

By the way, have anyone try at Concept Fertility (c/o Damai Service Hospital)?

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone,

I'm considering for Egg Donor Programme as i'm suspected for some heritary genetic disease. Though no test can proven but i have family trait which i strongly believe i'm suspected carrier. I have done most of the soul-searching and it's actually a blessing if i manage to get a another baby (I hv one conceive naturally) eventhough he/she don't have my genes.

From rough research, the procedures are similar with IVF with the only different is the eggs retrival is from the donor instead of your own. My journey now is to find a good fertility clinic, get a good donor and undergo the IVF/Donor Programme.

Anyone can recommend for a good Fertility Centre with Good Donor history? No TMC pls as they are famous for high price and money-making attitude. Where can i get egg donor beside going through the agent or relatives?

By the way, have anyone try at Concept Fertility (c/o Damai Service Hospital)?

Thanks everyone.

hi Kittykat,

yes you can try them Call them and speak co-ordinator called Lu Yee, make an appointment to see Dr Mahesh. I've done one cycle of ivf with him. He's a very caring patient, willing to listen to patients with lot of patience. Not money minded at all. I've seen him many times jus to talk because of my failed ivf, and he never charged a cent for post consultations. Very nice dr. try this place.

Thanks angel.. i hope the best to you too...

Sometimes im very certain to go ahead for egg donor, but there are days where im not certain. Push factor for me now is to add another family member although my DH doesnt mind to hv only 1 girl. But there's still a "BUT" in between the line sometimes..

hi Kittykat,

yes you can try them Call them and speak co-ordinator called Lu Yee, make an appointment to see Dr Mahesh. I've done one cycle of ivf with him. He's a very caring patient, willing to listen to patients with lot of patience. Not money minded at all. I've seen him many times jus to talk because of my failed ivf, and he never charged a cent for post consultations. Very nice dr. try this place.

Hi kittykat,

i know that Dr Tee from Metro IVF also provide service for egg donation. i know this because i am follow-up with him all this while and i spoke to one of lady there. She is already 48 and conceived with IVF with egg donated. she told me that their successful rate with egg donation is about 50%. may be u can try to call them and ask for the details.

besides, i heard that Sunfert and Dr Prasant also provide egg donation. i think their successful rate also not bad.

hope my info does help.

Thanks angel.. i hope the best to you too...

Sometimes im very certain to go ahead for egg donor, but there are days where im not certain. Push factor for me now is to add another family member although my DH doesnt mind to hv only 1 girl. But there's still a "BUT" in between the line sometimes..

hi Kittykat,

Hello pinky lone,

Thks for your info.

Finally I've made up my mind and taken a step out. Just started my consultation recently with Damai Hospital.. and the coordinator, Ms Toh Yu Lee really thoughful and friendly. Now is in the process of getting the donor. Hope everything runs smoothly.

I've emailed to Dr Prasant and according to him, his clinic is quite full.. have to wait at least 1 year before can start the programme. There're remarkable remarks for the others.. :)

I hope you get your dreams come true ya.. * sprinkle baby dust on you :) *

Hi kittykat,

i know that Dr Tee from Metro IVF also provide service for egg donation. i know this because i am follow-up with him all this while and i spoke to one of lady there. She looks 40+ but is pregnant! (i'm 30+ but still struggling to get pregnant!) i felt envy and started talking with her. Then only i know that she is already 48 and conceived with IVF with egg donated. she told me that their successful rate with egg donation is about 50%. may be u can try to call them and ask for the details.

besides, i heard that Sunfert and Dr Prasant also provide egg donation. i think their successful rate also not bad.

hope my info does help.

thanks pinky lone :)

Everything is on the fast moving track now. Just a simple update for everyone. Found a donor and she had started her injection on her Day 2 period mid-Nov'2011. Just had egg collections end-Nov'2011 and her results was tremendously fanstastic. She had given me a total of 13 eggs and is all matured. On the same day, my DH had to go to the hospital for the sperm collection and fertilisation was done too. And marvelously we were told that a total of 12 eggs were fertilised and all are in good quality.

My next journey will begin on my Day 2 period which is around 3rd week of Dec'2011..

This is the 1st waiting time and it's killing me though !!!

hi kittykat,

glad that you are starting your journey. all the best to you :rolleyes:

Hi,

Mind to share whats the cost like for egg donor + IVF? U did your cycle in Damai Hospital? Thanks

hi babydust, sorry for late reply.

so far estimated about RM25K.. the big chunk of it goes to the donor's agent fee + donor fee. It will be cheaper if you have your own donor. The total cost include the donor's ovaries stimulation till eggs collection, your own consultation and monitoring till FET.

yes i did at Damai and everything is on scheduled. My donor is able to produce 13 eggs of which 12 were fertilised. Im currently on medication to make sure the lining is thick enough for the transfer next week.

once decided, there's no time to reconsider as everything was moving accordingly. take everything easy will be the best approach.. are you planning to visit Damai?

Hi,

Mind to share whats the cost like for egg donor + IVF? U did your cycle in Damai Hospital? Thanks

Hi all, I am new to this forum.

Just a little about myself: I have been ttc for 6 years but only started my fertility treatment about 2 years ago. I have had 2 failed IUIs and 2 IVF cycles during this time. The last IVF was not a total failure but ended in a chemical pregnancy! I have been told by Doctor that the reason for my failed cycles is due to low ovarian reserve/ poor egg quality. Sometimes I do wonder if I should try a few more cycles using my own egg but the emotional stress after failed cycle was just tremendous that I've decided to use an egg donor as it would represent a real chance for me due to my age. I am thankful that my husband is very supportive of going down this route.

We have found our donor via a fertility clinic and I'll be back for screening next week.

Kittykat - Wow, 12 fertilised eggs, good number. How many embryos will you be transferring? Hope everything goes well for you.

Angel - Sorry about your failed ivf cycles. Will you be trying for another round of IVF using your own egg?

Babydust - I've made some enquiries about donor egg ivf prior and the cost at TMC and Alpha is about RM 40,000, Sunfert and Metro is about RM 25,000. Kittykat is right, most of the cost will go to the donor (I think about RM 10,000).

Pinky lone - you are right. The sucess rate for donor egg ivf is quite high as it is based on the age of the donor (usually <30 years old) and not the recipient. The rate is usually above 50% and clinics like TMC, Sunfert have higher sucess rates.

As for me - I will start my donor egg ivf this month. Sometimes I grief that this is the way it has to be but glad that there is a way though.

Hi Charlotte,

2 embroys were transferred and im now actually at my 2WW.. both is in good quality and survived in the thawing process, developing from 4 cells to 8 cells. Im quite satisfied with the result but still it all depends whether we have fate with the baby(ies)... they will be yours no matter what. Im on 1 week bedrest with some DON'T - no heavy lifting, no climbing of stairs, no sexual intercourse and no 'pushing' hard of your lower body as if you are having constipation ;p I guess there's no right or wrong but importantly is you have do your best with no regret later.

Most of the times we always qualm on the 50% loss of our own gene when using egg donor.. To me i would view it as the 50% gene of myself is not so 'good' and replace by the good one from the donor. think of the bright side, we may also get some good genes from her.. and most of all, we bear them inside our tummy for 9 mths ;)

Charlotte, time is clicking fast for you once the donor started the ovaries stimulation program.. all the best to you!!!

Charlotte,

All the best to your IVF journey :) God will always help those who determine and never give up :)

Kittykat,

Good luck and hope that you will bring us good news soon :)

Btw, im pregnant at 6 weeks now, with twins babies. if i can pregnant at 42 years old using my own, im sure you all can make it too, as the success rate of egg donation is much more higher.

Do have faith and never give up :)

Thanks girls for your word of encouragement.

Had my screening and the lining was normal. Will be back again to check and if everything is good, will start the pills to control hormone this weekend.

I was told that the donor has started the pills, and if everything runs smoothly, embryo transfer will be around mid Feb. It is finally happening! Just hated the waiting game. I shall keep you all informed on my progress.

Kittykat - be praying for you on a BFP soon. Do let us know how you progress.

Pinky Lone - hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

Cheers,

Sorry girls for didnt update my progess.

I survived the 2WW at home totally bed resting but still the result was BFN. Everything was so positive, the embryos, lining and my mindset.. but still the implantation failed. Before the blood test, i thought the transfer was successful since i do have some preggie symptoms like breast soreness, backache and mild cramp on one of my leg. I was told this was due to the side effects of the hormones medicines and it could be due to my body automatically rejected the 'foreign object'. :wacko:

To move on, i have to stop taking any medicine and AF will come after 7 days. And to earliest for me to try another attempt is on March. I guess there will be some standard questions on the 'what to do after failed attempt".. hence, hope this timeline can help for better understanding:

1. FET - 7/1.
  2. Blood test - 18/1 (about 11 days after FET)
  3. AF - 22/1 (4 days after stop taking hormones medicines)

To my surprise, my AF wasnt that heavy on the 1st day, just like any normal day. So i guess the pills doesnt really harm our body.

Charlotte - All the best to you ya. Hope you get BFP :D

Kittykat, so sorry on your negative result. It's very disappointing especially when everything was so positive and pointing to the right direction. We all know what the feeling is like. Did your Doctor offer any explanations? Most of the counsellors on donor egg programme I spoke to, all mentioned about the lining thickness as a critical factor. Do you have any frozen embryos for the next cycle or will you be starting a fresh cycle?

I am starting on my estradiol this week to build the lining and donor will start the stimulation in early Feb. Will keep you all posted.

Kittykat, you have a naturally conceived child, so pregnancy is no problem for you. So don't give up and good luck on the upcoming cycle!

Hi Kittykat,

Sorry to hear of your BFN in egg donation and FET. I follow this forum but new in chatting here. You r not alone. I also had one big disappointment but of a different kind before I successfully conceive my present pregnancy using egg donation.

I m 30+ and din have menses for three years. For 6 years I have been TTC. Two years ago, my gynae in Kl confirmed that I have early menopause and there is no more eggs in my body. It was a big disappointment for me and HB. We finally accept it and were very delighted when my younger sister in Klang who is 10 years younger agreed to donate her eggs for us. I was fill with hope and thankful to my sister who come when we r in need. She was also very hopeful for us and consoles us.

My sister had 13 injections of FSH and produces only 4 eggs during collection. I knew something was not right, 4 eggs for her young age. Two days later we were called and told there was no fertilization cos the egg quality was poor. Doctor further explained that my younger sister is likely to follow me and have early menopause. I was disappointed. But my sister was shocked and depressed when she learned about it. She will soon end up with no egg like me. She tried to help me but end up with disappointment.

I din wait and was lucky cos my doc quickly got a donor. Two months later I was confirm BFP. Now I m in my 5th months and the latest detailed baby scan showed that my baby is healthy. My sister is still depressed about her pregnancy future. With my successful pregnancy, I can console that she can still get pregnant.

I like to share this......for those who plan to have eggs donors......maybe better to get a unrelated donor

Sorry girls for didnt update my progess.

I survived the 2WW at home totally bed resting but still the result was BFN. Everything was so positive, the embryos, lining and my mindset.. but still the implantation failed. Before the blood test, i thought the transfer was successful since i do have some preggie symptoms like breast soreness, backache and mild cramp on one of my leg. I was told this was due to the side effects of the hormones medicines and it could be due to my body automatically rejected the 'foreign object'. :wacko:

To move on, i have to stop taking any medicine and AF will come after 7 days. And to earliest for me to try another attempt is on March. I guess there will be some standard questions on the 'what to do after failed attempt".. hence, hope this timeline can help for better understanding:

1. FET - 7/1.
  2. Blood test - 18/1 (about 11 days after FET)
  3. AF - 22/1 (4 days after stop taking hormones medicines)

To my surprise, my AF wasnt that heavy on the 1st day, just like any normal day. So i guess the pills doesnt really harm our body.

Charlotte - All the best to you ya. Hope you get BFP :D

Hi susulin,

I m happy for u carrying a baby now. And Thank u for sharing your experience which I feel ia very helpful and good advice. Maybe u and your sister carry same gene and thats why menopause early. Maybe also good that our sister know this early and be prepared for it.

I have repeated failed in my IVF and beginning to feel that my egg is no good and donor may be my option. Can I ask how much it cost when u did with your own donor. Where did u do your egg donation? Is it cheaper if we get our own donor? I heard a big sum of the cost is to the donor.

Hi everyoung,

The cost of my ivf with donor eggs was rm25k. This includes starting of stimulation until transfer of the embryo, cost for the donor, preparing my endometrium to receive the embryo. Its cheaper if u have your own donor…about rm18k. This was the amount when I brought my sister as the egg donor. I don't think its cheaper if u plan to get your own paid donor cos the cost of a donor is about rm10k. I wont advise so cos its difficult to be certain whether the donor will produce good egg or not.

I did my ivf with egg donor at Metro IVF in Klang under Dr Tee and Dr Elizebert. I was lucky cos my donor was a rather young postgraduate student which is an important factor for success. The other important factor for success is to make sure that my endometrium was Just Right when the embryo is transferred back to me.The doc adjust my treatment regularly to make it so.

Dont give up and wish u good luck in your next treatment.

Hi susulin,

I m happy for u carrying a baby now. And Thank u for sharing your experience which I feel ia very helpful and good advice. Maybe u and your sister carry same gene and thats why menopause early. Maybe also good that our sister know this early and be prepared for it.

I have repeated failed in my IVF and beginning to feel that my egg is no good and donor may be my option. Can I ask how much it cost when u did with your own donor. Where did u do your egg donation? Is it cheaper if we get our own donor? I heard a big sum of the cost is to the donor.

Hi susulin,

Thanks again for sharing. Do u have to take many injection like in IVF treatment? How many eggs did your donor gave? How many embryo were frozen? How long u have to wait before FET was done? I heard the treatment cycle is longer than IVF cycle.

Hi everyoung,

The cost of my ivf with donor eggs was rm25k. This includes starting of stimulation until transfer of the embryo, cost for the donor, preparing my endometrium to receive the embryo. Its cheaper if u have your own donor…about rm18k. This was the amount when I brought my sister as the egg donor. I don't think its cheaper if u plan to get your own paid donor cos the cost of a donor is about rm10k. I wont advise so cos its difficult to be certain whether the donor will produce good egg or not.

I did my ivf with egg donor at Metro IVF in Klang under Dr Tee and Dr Elizebert. I was lucky cos my donor was a rather young postgraduate student which is an important factor for success. The other important factor for success is to make sure that my endometrium was Just Right when the embryo is transferred back to me.The doc adjust my treatment regularly to make it so.

Dont give up and wish u good luck in your next treatment.

Hi everyoung,

Yah, IVF with donor egg cycle is longer for me cos my menstrual cycle was not same as the donor. My menses was 2 weeks ahead of the donor and so I had to take medication to slow it down until my menses start at the same time as the donor. The donor then had to take many injections for stimulating the eggs and I din hav to take such injection. Instead I had to take medication to prepare my endometrium and Dr Tee regularly monitor my blood hormone and endometrium thickness.

On the day of egg collection, I had to take additional medication so that my endometrium was just right when the embryo is transferred to me. I think 10 eggs were collected from the donor and 8 fertilized. I had D3 transfer with three embryos; 8,7,6 cells. 3 of the remaining embryos were good and were frozen. 11 days later was the best news ever.......bhcg 378. .

Now I hope my remaining few months of pregnancy will be as smooth as before.

I haven decided on on how long I ll wait before I will do FET.

Hi susulin,

Thanks again for sharing. Do u have to take many injection like in IVF treatment? How many eggs did your donor gave? How many embryo were frozen? How long u have to wait before FET was done? I heard the treatment cycle is longer than IVF cycle.

Hi Susulin,

U ar good and very lucky to have a successful pregnancy with donor egg. Your treatment was smooth all the way and I m sure u wil be smooth for the remaining months. I wish u d very best and healthy dragon baby.

So yr embryo was not freezed and u don't hv to wait for FET to be done. Your embryos were transfer fresh on D3. Am I right? Your doctor must be very good and make u and donor just right by the day of egg collection.

I heard from this forum that some center will freezed all the embryo and wait for FET to be done. Then they have a lot of time to prepare a good endometrium lining which is a critical factor. Your doctor dont do that. Did your doctor tell why u have fresh transfer an not freeze and transfer?

I appreciate your sharing

Hi everyoung,

Yah, IVF with donor egg cycle is longer for me cos my menstrual cycle was not same as the donor. My menses was 2 weeks ahead of the donor and so I had to take medication to slow it down until my menses start at the same time as the donor. The donor then had to take many injections for stimulating the eggs and I din hav to take such injection. Instead I had to take medication to prepare my endometrium and Dr Tee regularly monitor my blood hormone and endometrium thickness.

On the day of egg collection, I had to take additional medication so that my endometrium was just right when the embryo is transferred to me. I think 10 eggs were collected from the donor and 8 fertilized. I had D3 transfer with three embryos; 8,7,6 cells. 3 of the remaining embryos were good and were frozen. 11 days later was the best news ever.......bhcg 378. .

Now I hope my remaining few months of pregnancy will be as smooth as before.

I haven decided on on how long I ll wait before I will do FET.

EverYoung,

I have done donor FET before. In FET, my doctor said the usual case is that one third (1/3) of the embies will not survive the thawing process. Sometimes they may look OK when they are frozen but after thaw, they disintegrate. That is why successful rate of FET is lower than a fresh IVF. Another thing I discover from internet is that young mother's frozen embryo has better survival rate than advance maternal age mother. I suppose that is one of the reason why hospital always look for young egg donors.

I must agree with you that Susulin's doctor did a good job so make sure the fresh embies were transferred instead of freezing them. How Dr Tee did it puzzle me also, unless the donor natural menstrual cycle is very close to the recipient's cycle.

Good thing about FET for the recipient is - the injections are less, no harvesting, less stress. It is a breeeze compare to IVF.

Hi Grace20,

Thank u 4 sharing yr personal experience. I heard also that 30% of all freezed embryo will not wake up or survive after that. For those that survive, some may also b partly damaged but not detected.

I agree that Susulin's doctor is good and skillful doctor and he make her pregnant on first cycle with donor egg. I can imagine the great relief and happiness she has bcos the cost of donor treatment is like 2 IVF cycle. (Imagine hv 2 repeat donor treatment is like doing 4 IVF cycle!) I wont puzzle too much on how Dr Tee did it if I can get pregnant in a donor cycle.

I feel each IVF doctor is skillful in their treatment method that he chooses to do. The doctor who does freeze and then FET the embryo may be better in preparing a good endometrium lining which is also a critical factor.

EverYoung,

I have done donor FET before. In FET, my doctor said the usual case is that one third (1/3) of the embies will not survive the thawing process. Sometimes they may look OK when they are frozen but after thaw, they disintegrate. That is why successful rate of FET is lower than a fresh IVF. Another thing I discover from internet is that young mother's frozen embryo has better survival rate than advance maternal age mother. I suppose that is one of the reason why hospital always look for young egg donors.

I must agree with you that Susulin's doctor did a good job so make sure the fresh embies were transferred instead of freezing them. How Dr Tee did it puzzle me also, unless the donor natural menstrual cycle is very close to the recipient's cycle.

Good thing about FET for the recipient is - the injections are less, no harvesting, less stress. It is a breeeze compare to IVF.

Hi everyoung,

Yes, there was no freezing of the embryo and the embryos were transferred on D3. Guess I have less anxiety without having to wait for freeze and FET.

Dr Tee din talk to us regarding freezing and FET. I only know there is an alternative FET in donor treatment, at this forum. May be on my next visit, I ll ask the doctor on why fresh transfer was choosen and not FET.

Hi grace20,

Thanks for sharing FET and donor which I din know until now. FYI, it din puzzle me how doctor did it because I just followed the instruction. I happy to be pregnant with fresh transfer.

Hi, Just to update.

During my followed up, I ask doctor why fresh transfer was chosen for me and he said its cos with fresh embryo transfer they have pregnancy rate of 60 to 70% and also there will be no loss of embryo which occur during freezing and thawing. However, freezing and FET is sometime used when the donor cycle are out of phase, which means the donor is ready but the endometrium of the patient is not ready.

Good luck to everyone