arulthas

Didnt Paying attention

17 posts in this topic

I have a son who going to turn 2 years old next month. I am not sure if this is normal whereby, he is not paying attention especially when we communicate with him. He is also the type of person that don’t like to sit still and always like to be on the move. He is also haven’t start talking and when bring for checkup we did consult this with the doctor and according to the doctor for kinds that are hyperactive they will take time to talk.

Perhaps its could be our parenting style so any guides is very much appreciated.

Hi Formers,

Wonder if there is any tips or advice for the below?

Thank you.

I have a son who going to turn 2 years old next month. I am not sure if this is normal whereby, he is not paying attention especially when we communicate with him. He is also the type of person that don't like to sit still and always like to be on the move. He is also haven't start talking and when bring for checkup we did consult this with the doctor and according to the doctor for kinds that are hyperactive they will take time to talk.

Perhaps its could be our parenting style so any guides is very much appreciated.

hv u tried communicating with him when he's not occupied in anything? for example when he's seated in a carseat? if he responded than he shld b fine. sometimes the child is too engrossed in something & won't respond to anything else. our girl is so as well especially when she's watching her fav tv program. we need to push her face facing us & she'll be "awake" & listen to us.

boys are relatively more active than girls. not forgetting some kids does speak much later tho not diagnosed as hyperactive so it's very subjective.

btw, does ur son understand whan u talk to him?

He does response if he is not occupied so I think he is normal and appreciate for the pointers.

He doesn’t seem to understand everything that I speak but he does for few and I think it is pretty normal.

Yesterday we brought him to the pediatric and the doctor given valuable consultation which we are putting in place.

In 2 weeks time we know the results and we need to meet with the pediatric again for feedback and consultation.

hv u tried communicating with him when he's not occupied in anything? for example when he's seated in a carseat? if he responded than he shld b fine. sometimes the child is too engrossed in something & won't respond to anything else. our girl is so as well especially when she's atching his fav tv program. we need to push her face facing us & she'll be "awake" & listen to us.

boys are relatively more active than girls. not forgetting some kids does speak much later tho not diagnosed as hyperactive so it's very subjective.

he's only 2, can't possibly understand everything. give him some time. my neighbour's son, think at least 3 yo, doesn't speak at all, still on bb language actually (but i thot theirs is something to worried abt).

necessary for ur boy to consult a PD? PD will only advise how to communicate & interact with him, correct? i thot the PD said he's alrite the other day? parents can b a little too panicking when seeing slight diff on their child when compared with others. that's y never compare. each child develop differently ;) .

Hi Arulthas,

Have you considered baby-signing? Most kids will be able to sign before they learn to speak. It's pretty easy to pick up, and even if your son only uses a few words, every little counts when building communication.

Regards

Mark

https://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

He does response if he is not occupied so I think he is normal and appreciate for the pointers.

He doesn't seem to understand everything that I speak but he does for few and I think it is pretty normal.

Yesterday we brought him to the pediatric and the doctor given valuable consultation which we are putting in place.

In 2 weeks time we know the results and we need to meet with the pediatric again for feedback and consultation.

hv u tried communicating with him when he's not occupied in anything? for example when he's seated in a carseat? if he responded than he shld b fine. sometimes the child is too engrossed in something & won't respond to anything else. our girl is so as well especially when she's atching his fav tv program. we need to push her face facing us & she'll be "awake" & listen to us.

Recomendation needed for speech & language pathologist within klang valley.

Preferable location:

1. Klang

2. Shah Alam

3. PJ

4. Damansara

Thank you in advance.

ya I totally agree don't compare with other child. Each child development is totally different.

he's only 2, can't possibly understand everything. give him some time. my neighbour's son, think at least 3 yo, doesn't speak at all, still on bb language actually (but i thot theirs is something to worried abt).

necessary for ur boy to consult a PD? PD will only advise how to communicate & interact with him, correct? i thot the PD said he's alrite the other day? parents can b a little too panicking when seeing slight diff on their child when compared with others. that's y never compare. each child develop differently ;) .

We have enroll him to music class at the moment and he is showing improvement.

Me and my wife was thinking of putting him to more classes e.g. Art, speech and etc.

Is there any such classes that you aware off, please recommend.

thank you.

We have enroll him to music class at the moment and he is showing improvement.

Me and my wife was thinking of putting him to more classes e.g. Art, speech and etc.

Is there any such classes that you aware off, please recommend.

thank you.

Where are you located? I have a Craft Studio located in Subang 2. You can view it here http://www.crafty-crafted.com/crafty-crafted-studio/

I would like to recommend you to go to YounMe which is located in SS15/4D, Subang Jaya. Beside teaching normal kids, the teachers also having experience to handle special kids like ADHD, GDD and so on. you son is suitable to go for this center as they know the way to handle our child in the right way. you can reach them at 5634 8663. My girl is there, that's why i know a lot about them.

Wish this help you.

Thanks for the info Chantal.

I would like to recommend you to go to YounMe which is located in SS15/4D, Subang Jaya. Beside teaching normal kids, the teachers also having experience to handle special kids like ADHD, GDD and so on. you son is suitable to go for this center as they know the way to handle our child in the right way. you can reach them at 5634 8663. My girl is there, that's why i know a lot about them.

Wish this help you.

My 5 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD issues. He has been doing better in school, but still not paying attention, moving all the time, and not sitting still. I want to give him the best chance he can have in school.

ADHD, Autism and all kind of label, don't worry much about that. Beside the school, you also need to spend ample time with your son for him to improve further. Bottom lines don't give up. Give him the LTC (Love, tender and Care). He will be alright.

My 5 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD issues. He has been doing better in school, but still not paying attention, moving all the time, and not sitting still. I want to give him the best chance he can have in school.

How old is your baby now?

yes, i did try to use some toys or food to catch baby's attention. but it would not be last long!

Children are hard to sit down and listen, this is my experience in music teaching in childcare and kindergarten.

But, they're "LISTENING" although they don't starring at you or they seems like can't concentrate.

I have a very successful story to share, a lovely girl in childcare, she was an hyper active children and can't focus or concentrate. No eye contacts with others, no complete words come out from her mouth.

After 6 months of music lesson, she have eye contact with people, she dance and sing together during the lesson, even the teachers and parents was so surprise with her improvements.

DO give your child more time and space to develop and progress, get them a correct mentor, childcare, environment, program to grow happily. :lol: