• Please log in to reply
2732 replies to this topic

#121 Strawberry199

Strawberry199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Since she know she is hard to get pregnant naturally, then when she get pregnant thru IVF, she should know how wonderful if she get the miracle one... how come she can just destroy the little one??(although the hospital told her abt the news) angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

The most pity one is the little one.. the baby is not even have a word for this.. not even enter the world and enjoy the life..She took away everything of the baby!

May be like what u said, we won't know what she is thinking.. but as for me, i can't just take away a healthy life which grow in my tummy,the precious one... sad.gif

If adoption is done thru legal law, the birth mother need to sign an agreement to state that she had no right to interact the child there after.. smile.gif

#122 babyblue

babyblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

u hv to put urself in the mother shoes. it's not hers, so how do u expect her to accept it? u may be able to accept it but not for her i guess. supposed there's no right or wrong on this. it's what u want, how u decide & u bear the consequences. as simple as that.

adoption does go thru the legal way but anything can happen. it won't b at ur control when the parents of the adopted child interfere.

strawberry199, may i ask? is it that ur religion is against abortion (that is y u so upset)?

#123 Strawberry199

Strawberry199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm a Buddhist.. but my comment is not affected by my religion.. i'm also pay respect to other religion because i know we have to learn the good things from other religion as well.. rolleyes.gif

If i were in her shoes, i'll disappointed with the hospital and going to sue them but i'll will keep and raise the child.. because he/she is growing in our tummy.. a very precious thing that God sent to us...
This is the Fate n would not do anything that may harm the baby... It's just my feelings...

Anyway, She still can have ET for her own egg in the future...

#124 honeylee

honeylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

my stand is with strawberry,

i will not comment on why or how could she abort the baby. but to me that is a life. a little life is growing in the tummy. abortion is tantamount to killing. it have nothing to do with religion, just how u look at things. some people just can't see that a fetus is indeed a living creature.

oops, it makes me wanna convert to be vegetarian now. we have side tracked from the main issue here. tongue.gif we better get back to IVF issue.

#125 babyblue

babyblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

from my understanding, there is a relegion that forbid abortion. to them there is no such thing as abortion be it the fetus is healthy or not. even if scan shows that a limb is missing, she is not to abort the pregnancy. meaning unless the fetus is lifeless, else no abortion, which i thot this is too cruel to the to-be-born bb.

well, for each of its own.... it's a decision to make & she has to bear the consequences. who knows, the japanese lady might regret it later.

hahaha.... no update on IVF issue so side track a bit is fine... i guess unsure.gif oh well, it's not easy to get ppl talking around here anyway.

#126 Strawberry199

Strawberry199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

okie.. i have a little update for my IVF Journey..
I'm taking a chinese herbal medicine after seeing a Chinese Sinseh at Hospital Lam Wah Ee..
I have 2 pack of Herbal Medicine..and i'm going to see the sinseh on next wednesday again...

Oh ya... forgot to mention.. tongue.gif the herbal medicine is to warm my womb..hope to make my womb warm enough for baby...

Anyone have any update on IVF plan?

#127 Michelle

Michelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hi all,

i had followed the IVF on Feb-08 and it was sucess during the whole process. However, i have miscarriage in July-08 due to too stress according to Dr.

a bit blame my self coz Dr. is not encouraged me to return to work. however, i insist to go back coz of financial matter.

will try it again in this July-09.

#128 Strawberry199

Strawberry199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the Forum!
May i know what is your job? My doctor said after IVF, can back to work already...
just to avoid lifting & exercise..
Anyway, sorry for your loss..

I'm going to have a FET session on April 09...
but anyway, still didn't get my AF yet... Arggghhh! Frustrating! angry.gif angry.gif It's Day32 now !!

#129 Michelle

Michelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

i working in office. the Dr. recommand that next circle should take a long break and stay at home.

i do not know this correct way or not?

by the way, which dr. you are follow currently?

#130 Strawberry199

Strawberry199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

oh i see..
may be your case is different...
I'm from Penang.. My doctor is Dr. Ng from LWE..

Did you take any supplement during the 1st IVF?

#131 honeylee

honeylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

i think everyone respond to pregnancy differently. Michelle, in your case, maybe your body is weak or something. That's why doc ask u dun work. I know of a case where the pregnant lady are asked not to work and go stay at the hospital until stabil. she only can go work when 5th month.

Maybe u can consider go see chinese doc and see whether ur body is weak. when the mum's body weak, diff to carry the baby to term.

all the best and baby dust to all

#132 AL88

AL88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

hi everyone, i am new here. was browsing around the web and happen found this site which featured local bloggers. rolleyes.gif i am extremely happy to see that everyone is sharing their experiences here especially on the topic of IVF.

I am undergoing IVF treatment too and this coming Fri, 3/4/09 is my egg collection day and i am actually very nervous on that.

I have been briefed by both my Dr and the centre coordinator who is one nice lady on the whole procedures starting the initial investigations up to the whole IVF program.

I will be back soon to share my experiences and i hope everyone can share with me their experiences too.. take care everyone.. smile.gif

#133 AL88

AL88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

hi.. am back to share my experiences. i was asked to fast the night before my ovum pick up and to be at the hospital early in the morning(1/2 hour before the procedure). once i reached the hospital, i was directed to the IVF lab. it's a cosy and warm environment. i was told to change into the pink OT gown and soon a nurse was coming to check on me and asked a few questions and to sign a consent form for the anaesthetic procedure. not long after that, i heard the team was in and the anaesthetic Dr came in and talked to me just before my Dr stepped in. after chatting with my Dr for a while, i was directed to the operation theatre that is a few steps away. i was rather nervous that time but i was well ensured by my Dr and the embryologist. once on the operating table, i was given a warm blanket as the room was very cold and soon the anaest. Dr was injecting some meds on my right hand and immediately, i felt drowsy and sleepy. when i woke up, i was already on my bed at the ward and my hubby was next to me. every half and hour, the nurse will come and take my pulse and my blood pressure just to make sure i am alright. about 1 hour after my procedure, it was my hubby's turn to produce his semen sample. he was directed to a private room to do that. i was fully awake after 2 hours and was given soft diet. i was informed by the embryologist that i have 12 oocytes collected and assured me everything is under control and that i shouldn't be worried. i was briefed on the time to arrive and how the procedure would be like on the day of my embryo transfer (ET). i was given some painkiller and pessaries and allowed to go home after that. i was told to drink more water and just relax at home. 2 days after that, i went back for the embryo transfer. i was briefed by the embryologist that out of 12 oocytes, i have 11 fertilised thus resulted to 11 good embryos. because of my age, it was advisable to only put back 2 good embryos and freeze the remaining 9. i was also given a photograph of the 2 chosen embryos for my ET. later on, i was told to drink more water and to keep my bladder full during the embryo transfer procedure. during the procedure, it was a bit uncomfy but painless. the Dr showed the ultrasound image to me and explained to me where exactly the embryos going to be expelled. once everything was ready, the embryologist came in and i saw through the ultrasound image the whitish line (which was a tiny catheter with the embryos in it) slowly went inside my uterus and a minute later i saw a slightly bigger blob of whitish image appeared in the middle of my uterus. that was when the embryologist expelled the embryos inside my womb as told by my Dr. it was an amazing image and experience. soon, i was wheeled back to my bed and rested for 1 hour before i am allowed to go back. i am being advised by my Dr that I should take things easy and not to overstress myself during these 2 weeks. i hope things will go as planned and i will be lucky enough to hit the jackpot for this first trial as i know not everyone will get pregnant with the first trial. anyhow, i still have the remaining 9 embryos in the storage waiting for me! smile.gif

#134 berybery

berybery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hi,

I am from Penang as well,think of trying IVF too, as DH has very low sperm count, doc from LPPKN said IUI won't help if sperm count really low.

May I know how is ur IVF progress now? And how much is the total cost of IVF in HLWE?

#135 babyblue

babyblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

all the best AL88!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users