• Please log in to reply
2572 replies to this topic

#346 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

For those who know how to read chinese... this blog is very useful with a lot of information....

http://my-fertility-...y.blogspot.com/

#347 Janice123

Janice123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Good luck and all the best to everyone who's going through the IVF/ICSI cycle. Just keep positive and remember... minimal stress! Rest as much as you can and take your prenatal multivitamins :)

xoxo
Janice

#348 Mahi

Mahi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hi all,

Today is day 11 after FET. I wake up with a brownish discharge. I remember last mth of today is also my AF 1st day. I m so worry and call the nurse. She did the urine test for me, but the line is not so obvious. Then she decide to do one progestrone injection for me and waiting for blood test result. I dun have any symptom until today. Anyone have the same experience and can share?

hai lovebaby.how r u.any good news?

#349 Mahi

Mahi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hello Janice,
Thank you very much for the reply.
i am really upset to here, i had lot of expectations from SJMC & my DR. my DR said it will cost about RM 20k
Could you plz give me more info on thsese 2 doctors (Dr. Prashant & Dr. Wong), as i said I am pretty new to this country. do you have any phone numbers of these DR's.
Wat is your experience and result of ur IVF.
I am sorry to ask you, would u mind tell me the name of DR u visited at SJMC.

BRgds...

Hi Mahi,

Please don't be upset. Sometimes, you may just get lucky and your doctor at SJMC is good. There are several doctors there. The one that really scared us, was an Indian doctor. I have forgotten his name, it's been almost 3 years.

Dr. Prashant is at KL Fertility and you can get details at http://www.klfertility.com
Dr. Wong is at Sunfert where you can get details from http://www.sunfert.com/

My history is that my husband and I had been to SJMC. The doctor recommended a vasectomy reversal. We paid so much, does not work. Then went to see a urinologist whom I think was Dr. Lee and he asked us to go see his colleague, and Indian Dr. whom I've forgotten his name. Apppointment with this doctor was the most unprofessional. We got so scared, we never went back.

We later went to Damansara Fertility, while just starting the procedure, it got bought up by Tropicana Medical Center (TMC). We tried ICSI there twice, there was no change in anything between CYcle 1 and cycle 2.

We later heared that since the buy-over, the focus of the business was more on money-making instead of actual passion in getting couples pregnant.

So, we went to Dr. Wong at Sunfert. He came very highly recommended by several independent doctors. With Dr. Wong, we paid less than with TMC. Dr. Wong was very professional and very passionate in what he was doing. He also monitored my medication down to each day, added other medications to help. I am thankful for Dr. Wong as am now almost 21 weeks (5 months) pregnant.

It's a very difficult journey. Even with the best doctors, there is no 100% guarantee it would work. However, I do believe that it's important to get a doctor who will do what he can to help.

Wishing you the very best.

hello everyone.i went to sjmc yesterday to meet a doctor. iam planning to do ivf in december.my dr is haris hamzah.plz anyboday tell me any precaution should take before ivf.i have one month time. thx.

#350 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hi all,

Today is day 11 after FET. I wake up with a brownish discharge. I remember last mth of today is also my AF 1st day. I m so worry and call the nurse. She did the urine test for me, but the line is not so obvious. Then she decide to do one progestrone injection for me and waiting for blood test result. I dun have any symptom until today. Anyone have the same experience and can share?

[attachment=457:baby.jpg]

#351 ja_ms77

ja_ms77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi all,

lovebaby.. is it a good news??
cannot view the pic..
it is more than 12 days after the transfer. you should have the result already, right
whatever it is.. hope it's a good news for you & your hubby ;)

#352 chantal

chantal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

I have 2 daughters. both are IVF babies. both are from TFC under Dr. wong Pak Seng's hand. But then, after i delivered my 2nd baby, i get to know he left TFC. I called his mobile (he is so good, give me his mobile number incase i have any question while pregnant) and get to know he is now is Sunway Medical Center.
Ehm.. He is a caring and nice doctor. Which you wont feel that he is trying to "corn" your money. hahaha....
Wish you good luck.

#353 Mahi

Mahi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi all,

hai lovebaby.hw r u.how many weeks pregnent now.tc.

#354 redyoyo

redyoyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hello Every body,
I would really appreciate whole heartedly for all members of this forum for providing information on ivf
I need you assistance, i am planning to get IVF done.
My name is mahi 29 yrs. i got married in 2006, only trying for kids for the last 2 years, till now i haven't conceived. i have been to many doctors, i am basically an Indian and moving places along with my hubby because he is a contract aircraft engineer.
I have been to a doctor in Singapore first, she has done all sorts of tests and said no problem all good, they we tried few months no result, they we happen to leave sin and went back to India, doctor in India did the same test again and said ovaries block with cyst, she did laproscopy to clear the cyst, and was on medication for 6 months with clomid but no result.
Now we are in Malaysia (Subang jaya) we are visiting Dr delaila ahmed of SJMC since july 2010, she also did few more tests and said no problem. she has done IUI for 2 time and its not successful. now she advice me to go for IVF. she also advice me DR Harris at SJMC for IVF. can any of you know about this DR? IF so please do let know.
Also please suggest me any other DR who is/has good track record in doing IVF in SUBANG JAYA.

Once again thanking you all for the great help.
BRgds...
Mahi

Hi Mahi,

My husband and I had a very bad experience at SJMC. We had attended a Doctor's appointment for fertility treatment and the senior doctor had somewhat issues with his mental state and told us to check Wikipedia on how the fertility procedure would be because he would be doing the same! I AM NOT KIDDING! There was another Doctor standing behind him just to watch the meeting. My husband and I NEVER went back. Please don't waste your time there, their track record is not great.

The best clinics around include KL Fertility (Dr. Prashant), Sunway Medical near Subang (Dr. Wong) while are closest to you. Call them for costing. I went to Dr. Wong, he charges RM 14,900 for consults, medicines and ICSI procedures all inclusive. Good luck to you. Also, don't bother with TMC, their standard have dropped tremendously since the shareholding was sold off.

Dear Janice123,

I had my 1st IVF cycle with TMC. Unfortunately I lost the embryo at about 2 weeks. First we rule out going for 2nd round due to financial & emotional constrain. TMC said we only had the option of using donor sperm or embryo adoption now. After reading so many good comments about Sunfert & Dr Wong, our hearts are opened again. Do you know whether Sunfert have embryo adoption program or not? I rather have embryo adoption than donor sperm/IVF cycle. I looked at ther website briefly & embryo adoption is not mention. Maybe they are rather new?

Thanks.

#355 Melody

Melody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been reading but not posting many posts here for the past months, exhausted from morning sickness... Now I'm feeling almost normal, so feel more energetic and cheerful.

My doc found out my placenta is very low, a condition called placenta previa... but nothing to worry about yet, since no bleeding now. Doc predicted I might bleed from around 33wks onwards.... I'm worried sick now, anyone had this problem before? Can give me some advice what should I avoid so that I can prevent bleeding from even starting? My doc told me to avoid strenous activities... wondering should I avoid walking and standing as well...

#356 Mahi

Mahi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hello Every body,
I would really appreciate whole heartedly for all members of this forum for providing information on ivf
My name is mahi 29 yrs. i got married in 2006, only trying for kids for the last 2 years, till now i haven't conceived. i have been to many doctors, i am basically an Indian and moving places along with my hubby because he is a contract aircraft engineer.
I have been to a doctor in Singapore first, she has done all sorts of tests and said no problem all good, they we tried few months no result, they we happen to leave sin and went back to India, doctor in India did the same test again and said ovaries block with cyst, she did laproscopy to clear the cyst, and was on medication for 6 months with clomid but no result.
Now we are in Malaysia (Subang jaya) we are visiting Dr delaila ahmed of SJMC since july 2010, she also did few more tests and said no problem. she has done IUI for 2 time and its not successful. now she advice me to go for IVF. she also advice me DR Harris at SJMC for IVF. can any of you know about this DR? IF so please do let know.
Also please suggest me any other DR who is/has good track record in doing IVF in SUBANG JAYA.

BRgds...
Mahi

Hi Mahi,

My husband and I had a very bad experience at SJMC. We had attended a Doctor's appointment for fertility treatment and the senior doctor had somewhat issues with his mental state and told us to check Wikipedia on how the fertility procedure would be because he would be doing the same! I AM NOT KIDDING! There was another Doctor standing behind him just to watch the meeting. My husband and I NEVER went back. Please don't waste your time there, their track record is not great.

The best clinics around include KL Fertility (Dr. Prashant), Sunway Medical near Subang (Dr. Wong) while are closest to you. Call them for costing. I went to Dr. Wong, he charges RM 14,900 for consults, medicines and ICSI procedures all inclusive. Good luck to you. Also, don't bother with TMC, their standard have dropped tremendously since the shareholding was sold off.

Hai ALL,
Is there any one who got IVF done at SJMC? If so plz can u share ur experience with me plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Also i would appreciate if u could advice me more on this, as this is my first IVF in foreign country.
thanks for the advice give by Janice.
BRgds...

Hi Mahi .

I recent visited a doctor in SJMC on IVF(DR Lee). I will start my IVF on Dec due to the doctor will not be around next month.
So far, my experience with him, he very professional and explain to you what would you expect with your current age.
Maybe you can try him? Sometime, it is not the doctor, It just the chemistry between the doctor and the patient.
May i know who is the doctor you seen in SJMC which caused you have a bad experience?

regards

hai hope.
hw r u.r u doing ivf this month?
we called 2day they said scientist is in holiday till 19th of dec.so iam planning to do next month.waiting for ur reply.takecare.

#357 Mahi

Mahi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hello Janice,
i am really upset to here, i had lot of expectations from SJMC & my DR. my DR said it will cost about RM 20k
Could you plz give me more info on thsese 2 doctors (Dr. Prashant & Dr. Wong), as i said I am pretty new to this country. do you have any phone numbers of these DR's.

BRgds...

Hi Mahi,

Please don't be upset. Sometimes, you may just get lucky and your doctor at SJMC is good. There are several doctors there. The one that really scared us, was an Indian doctor. I have forgotten his name, it's been almost 3 years.

Dr. Prashant is at KL Fertility and you can get details at http://www.klfertility.com

My history is that my husband and I had been to SJMC. The doctor recommended a vasectomy reversal. We paid so much, does not work. Then went to see a urinologist whom I think was Dr. Lee and he asked us to go see his colleague, and Indian Dr. whom I've forgotten his name. Apppointment with this doctor was the most unprofessional. We got so scared, we never went back.

We later went to Damansara Fertility, while just starting the procedure, it got bought up by Tropicana Medical Center (TMC). We tried ICSI there twice, there was no change in anything between CYcle 1 and cycle 2.

We later heared that since the buy-over, the focus of the business was more on money-making instead of actual passion in getting couples pregnant.

So, we went to Dr. Wong at Sunfert. He came very highly recommended by several independent doctors. With Dr. Wong, we paid less than with TMC. Dr. Wong was very professional and very passionate in what he was doing. He also monitored my medication down to each day, added other medications to help. I am thankful for Dr. Wong as am now almost 21 weeks (5 months) pregnant.

It's a very difficult journey. Even with the best doctors, there is no 100% guarantee it would work. However, I do believe that it's important to get a doctor who will do what he can to help.

hai janice.
hw r u.hw is ur health.bye. takecare

#358 hope

hope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

hai hope.
hw r u.r u doing ivf this month?
we called 2day they said scientist is in holiday till 19th of dec.so iam planning to do next month.waiting for ur reply.takecare.
[/quote]

hi mahi:

Not yet.. It now depend on my period. My 1st injection will be 21st day from my period start. Hope it won't fall on 1st Jan. If not, I need postpone to Jan .

take care

#359 Janice123

Janice123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hello Every body,

BRgds...
Mahi

Hi Mahi,

Dear Janice123,

I had my 1st IVF cycle with TMC. Unfortunately I lost the embryo at about 2 weeks. First we rule out going for 2nd round due to financial & emotional constrain. TMC said we only had the option of using donor sperm or embryo adoption now. After reading so many good comments about Sunfert & Dr Wong, our hearts are opened again. Do you know whether Sunfert have embryo adoption program or not? I rather have embryo adoption than donor sperm/IVF cycle. I looked at ther website briefly & embryo adoption is not mention. Maybe they are rather new?

Thanks.

Hi redyoyo,

My heart goes out to you and hope that you have healed well. Firstly, a lot of times, after the embryo transfer, it's all left up to nature/God to see it through. Did your Doc explain why your embryo was lost after 2 weeks? Or because it had not implanted to the uterine wall?

Sunfert is rather new, started by Dr. Wong (who used to be a pioneer at TMC and left because of some reasons) He is really good and monitored my progress very closely. His clinic has grown so popular, with tons of people going to see him due to his high success rates.

Yes, they do have embryo donors but you have to sign up for a consult with the clinic before they'll let you see the profiles of the donors.I do wish you all the best :)

Regards,
Janice

#360 Janice123

Janice123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

Hello Janice,

BRgds...

Hi Mahi,

hai janice.
hw r u.hw is ur health.bye. takecare

Hi Mahi,

Thank you for asking, I am doing well. I will be 27 weeks tomorrow and heading into my 3rd Trimester. It is incredible that I have put on so much weight! Baby boy is kicking me a lot these days and it always makes me smile.

I just had a 3D ultrasound scan and 4D video scan last week. It is a miracle after such a long and difficult journey to have a child :)

I do hope that you are well and that your journey will soon bless you too :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users