2550 replies to this topic

#301 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hi all,

I am new to this website. I am also one of Dr Prashant's patient. Doing IVF with egg donation. Recently I have done the ET, now is day 3. I dun have any obvious pregnancy sign. However, this morning I feel that my abdominal a bit pain, some sort of muscle pain. I wonder is this normal? Anyone can share their experience after the ET? Normally how long we will feel the pregnancy sign?

Hi Lovebaby,

May I know how much Dr Prashant charge on Egg donation ? And what is the procedure?
Hope you dont mind to share.

Hi Julia,
If the donor is from your immediate family, it is around RM27000. If you are seeking for doctor to find a donor for you, it is around RM35000.
The procedure is very simple.
1) Firstly, doctor will help the donor to do some fertility health check. Blood test during day 2 menstrual and normal body health check. Once the doctor confirmed the donor is healthy, he will ask the donor to come for scanning again during the next cycle of menstrual day 2.
If the follicles are around min of 8-10, doctor will start the injection for the donor. It last about 10-12 days and ready for egg retrieval.
2) For me, once the egg retrieval is ready, around day 5 we can do the ET. Of course, prior to that, doctor will give me some medicine to prepare for the uterus lining. I take some medicine for around 1 week. No injection needed as I dun have my menstrual. For those who have regular menstrual, you may need to take one injection to block the menstrual to come. The injection cost around RM600, not include in the package.

Not everyone need to use the donor egg. For my case, because I have no follicle at all. Therefore, egg donation is the only way.
If you have follicles, doctor may not suggest you use the donor egg unless there is other reason. Mind to share?

#302 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hi ladies,

Don't think too much during the 2WW, just ignore the symptoms until you really get your period. I had some period-like pain too during the 2WW. That's why lots of people say that the symptoms they get during the 2WW if they're pregnant is very similar like PMS. Since worrying will add more stress which will make our chances go down, we have to think positive until we really get our period / bleeding.

What I felt was like period pain, back pain and bloatiness, like gastric, hungry and tired throughout the day. So I just ignored them until the day I went for the blood test which is positive.

Thanks Melody.. hopefully it is not too late to congra you. :P I understand that we must not put stress to ourselves during this 2WW. For this purpose, I have applied 2 weeks leave without any working stress. I really hope that it is work. However, I dun really have any symptoms like you girl. As for my case, I have no period all the while. IVF with egg donation is the only way for me to get pregnant. I really hope that I will have the some symptoms like what you girl mention. Maybe it is still very early for me, today it is only day 4 after ET. :P Do you mind to share with me when do you have those symptoms started after the ET?

HI Lovebaby.. welcome..
So we are seeing the same Doctor ya.. ;)

Update from me..
No period yet.. . Posted Image
No bleeding
My tummy is slightly bulging
Abdominal cramp like period pain.. at nite the cramp more frequent
Easily feel hungry ( i think i put on a few kilos already... ;)
Feel tired at nite
Back pain. waist area .. when sleeping at night .. really cannot have good sleep
No more heartburn .. i eat more frequent to avoid this

At the moment.. my hope is 50-50. Dont want to put so much pressure on myself..
Tomorrow will be the result day.... pheww....Posted Image

Hi Jams,
Good luck for the result tomorrow... do update us. I feel so excited for you too. From the symptom you mention, I guess the rate shouldn't be 50-50... should be 100% positive... :P dun worry... If u have any frozen embryo, there is always a chance to try again. am I right?
I love to read your blog.. It is very informative :P I hope that all these symptom you mention will come to me soon, today only day 4. so not sure it is too early to worry about... Actually i got some hcg home pregnancy test tools.... but I not dare to test at all. Do u do any self pregnancy test? Not sure via urine test, how accurate is the result.
I think Dr Prashant is good. Price compare to TMC is cheaper and not so crowded.

#303 ja_ms77

ja_ms77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi ladies,

Don't think too much during the 2WW, just ignore the symptoms until you really get your period. I had some period-like pain too during the 2WW. That's why lots of people say that the symptoms they get during the 2WW if they're pregnant is very similar like PMS. Since worrying will add more stress which will make our chances go down, we have to think positive until we really get our period / bleeding.

What I felt was like period pain, back pain and bloatiness, like gastric, hungry and tired throughout the day. So I just ignored them until the day I went for the blood test which is positive.

Thanks Melody.. hopefully it is not too late to congra you. :P I understand that we must not put stress to ourselves during this 2WW. For this purpose, I have applied 2 weeks leave without any working stress. I really hope that it is work. However, I dun really have any symptoms like you girl. As for my case, I have no period all the while. IVF with egg donation is the only way for me to get pregnant. I really hope that I will have the some symptoms like what you girl mention. Maybe it is still very early for me, today it is only day 4 after ET. :P Do you mind to share with me when do you have those symptoms started after the ET?

HI Lovebaby.. welcome..
So we are seeing the same Doctor ya.. ;)

Update from me..
No period yet.. . Posted Image
No bleeding
My tummy is slightly bulging
Abdominal cramp like period pain.. at nite the cramp more frequent
Easily feel hungry ( i think i put on a few kilos already... ;)
Feel tired at nite
Back pain. waist area .. when sleeping at night .. really cannot have good sleep
No more heartburn .. i eat more frequent to avoid this

At the moment.. my hope is 50-50. Dont want to put so much pressure on myself..
Tomorrow will be the result day.... pheww....Posted Image

Hi Jams,
Good luck for the result tomorrow... do update us. I feel so excited for you too. From the symptom you mention, I guess the rate shouldn't be 50-50... should be 100% positive... :P dun worry... If u have any frozen embryo, there is always a chance to try again. am I right?
I love to read your blog.. It is very informative :P I hope that all these symptom you mention will come to me soon, today only day 4. so not sure it is too early to worry about... Actually i got some hcg home pregnancy test tools.... but I not dare to test at all. Do u do any self pregnancy test? Not sure via urine test, how accurate is the result.
I think Dr Prashant is good. Price compare to TMC is cheaper and not so crowded.

Lovebaby..
thanks for the word of encouragement.. ;)

i have another 4 frozen embryo.. should the result tomorrow turn out to be negative,
i plan to have the Frozen Egg Transfer probably next year..

I didn't buy any pregnancy test.. from what i read in the internet... if we do urine test right after the 2ww period.. it might give false result since
we take lots of hormone medications for the treatment.. so blood test will be more accurate.

Yep.. agreed.. dr prashant is good.. price also affordable.

And.. Thanks a lot for reading my blog.. there are still quite a lot of things to update.. like the egg retrieval.. egg transfer etc..
so.... feel free to visit my blog again. ..Posted Image

#304 Hatten

Hatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hi Ja...wish u all the best for tomorrow result

May I know how much is the charges with dr Prashat?
Now I am waiting for my period to come to do FET.
Since I know FET chances is not as high as fresh cycle, I m also doing research for other centres, if this one also fails

Do take care urself n don't make urself stress for tomorrow

#305 Julia chow

Julia chow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

Hi all,

I am new to this website. I am also one of Dr Prashant's patient. Doing IVF with egg donation. Recently I have done the ET, now is day 3. I dun have any obvious pregnancy sign. However, this morning I feel that my abdominal a bit pain, some sort of muscle pain. I wonder is this normal? Anyone can share their experience after the ET? Normally how long we will feel the pregnancy sign?

Hi Lovebaby,

May I know how much Dr Prashant charge on Egg donation ? And what is the procedure?

Hi Julia,
If the donor is from your immediate family, it is around RM27000. If you are seeking for doctor to find a donor for you, it is around RM35000.
1) Firstly, doctor will help the donor to do some fertility health check. Blood test during day 2 menstrual and normal body health check. Once the doctor confirmed the donor is healthy, he will ask the donor to come for scanning again during the next cycle of menstrual day 2.
If the follicles are around min of 8-10, doctor will start the injection for the donor. It last about 10-12 days and ready for egg retrieval.
2) For me, once the egg retrieval is ready, around day 5 we can do the ET. Of course, prior to that, doctor will give me some medicine to prepare for the uterus lining. I take some medicine for around 1 week. No injection needed as I dun have my menstrual. For those who have regular menstrual, you may need to take one injection to block the menstrual to come. The injection cost around RM600, not include in the package.

Not everyone need to use the donor egg. For my case, because I have no follicle at all. Therefore, egg donation is the only way.
If you have follicles, doctor may not suggest you use the donor egg unless there is other reason. Mind to share?

Hi Lovebaby,

Thanks for sharing, U may go to my blog posted on 12/oct.

My eggs quality not very good and Dr wong Pak Seng (Sunfert) suggest to me to use donor eggs
and percentage is 66% and the package Rm25900, if i want to try for 2nd time icsi the chances is only 10%.

Before i make any decision , I went to see Dr. Prashant for consultation and he want me to see him again for my next menstrual.
Hope he can help me.

If no choice , I hope my hubby can consider to used donor eggs.

#306 ja_ms77

ja_ms77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi Ja...wish u all the best for tomorrow result

May I know how much is the charges with dr Prashat?
Now I am waiting for my period to come to do FET.
Since I know FET chances is not as high as fresh cycle, I m also doing research for other centres, if this one also fails

Do take care urself n don't make urself stress for tomorrow

Hi Hatten,
The IVF cost .. it;s a package of RM17000..
I've explained the cost in detail in my blog..
you may refer to my blog -
myivfdiaries.blogspot.com
under post : My IVF - Second Appoinment & the cost

So.. where do you do ur treatment.. for 1st IVF and for this FET?

#307 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hi all,

Hi Lovebaby,

Hi Julia,

Hi Lovebaby,

My eggs quality not very good and Dr wong Pak Seng (Sunfert) suggest to me to use donor eggs
and percentage is 66% and the package Rm25900, if i want to try for 2nd time icsi the chances is only 10%.

Before i make any decision , I went to see Dr. Prashant for consultation and he want me to see him again for my next menstrual.
Hope he can help me.

Hi Julia,
With donor eggs only RM25900? For the whole package? Included the cost that we need to pay to the donor?
That consider reasonable. Yes. You are right, firstly your hubby may need to accept if to use donor eggs. How do you find Dr Wong and Dr Prashant? Since you consult both of them. actually the cost for IVF with egg donation in Malaysia is not cheap. I have done a research and call most of the center in Malaysia, the cheapest and not government funded center is Island Hospital at Penang. The package is around RM17000. Their experience in IVF is famous too. Since I am located at KL, finally I didn't make it to Penang.

#308 ja_ms77

ja_ms77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi dear frens
An update from me

the result it out..
it turns out to be negative...
like other people.. i bit frustrated..
it seems not my day yet :)
anyway,.. am looking forward for the FET ..maybe this Feb 2011..

#309 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi dear frens
An update from me

the result it out..

Hi Jams,
Stay positive. Think of that you still got few frozen embryo. Dun give up and keep on trying.
Did u meet up with Dr Prashant? Did he explain the reason why it is negative? How come you got those pregnancy sign but with negative result?
I m much more nervous than you since I have only one embryo collected from the donor.
Today, day 5 after ET. This morning I feel abdominal pain and no other pregnancy sign. I dun even feel tired at all.

#310 ja_ms77

ja_ms77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi dear frens
An update from me

the result it out..

Hi Jams,
Stay positive. Think of that you still got few frozen embryo. Dun give up and keep on trying.
Did u meet up with Dr Prashant? Did he explain the reason why it is negative? How come you got those pregnancy sign but with negative result?
I m much more nervous than you since I have only one embryo collected from the donor.
Today, day 5 after ET. This morning I feel abdominal pain and no other pregnancy sign. I dun even feel tired at all.

i'm trying my best to stay positive..
but deep down.. i still feel sad..
kinda mix feeling at the moment

dun worry if you do not have any sign of pregnancy..
like my case.. all those signs doesn't mean positive.
it's all actually the side effects of the medications..
even though you one have 1 embryo.. if you are lucky .. who knows you can get pregnant.. miracle do happen sometimes
so.. just enjoy your 2ww..like me.. i;m already miss my 2ww moments.. especially when my husband really take care a good care of me.. Posted Image

#311 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hi dear frens
An update from me

the result it out..

Hi Jams,

i'm trying my best to stay positive..
but deep down.. i still feel sad..
kinda mix feeling at the moment

dun worry if you do not have any sign of pregnancy..
like my case.. all those signs doesn't mean positive.
it's all actually the side effects of the medications..
even though you one have 1 embryo.. if you are lucky .. who knows you can get pregnant.. miracle do happen sometimes
so.. just enjoy your 2ww..like me.. i;m already miss my 2ww moments.. especially when my husband really take care a good care of me.. Posted Image

Hi Jams,
Can understand. I think no one will understand except those really do the IVF. The procedure is really suffering :(
Your hubby is very caring.. That is very great!
Besides, I really want to say THANK YOU to those that willing to donate their eggs to those infertility couples. I believe God will bless them to have a wonderful family and lovely kids, :) Not everyone can do that. It is common in western countries but not in Malaysia so far.

#312 Hatten

Hatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

#313 Julia chow

Julia chow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Hi all,

Hi Lovebaby,

Hi Julia,

Hi Lovebaby,

Hope he can help me.

Hi Julia,
With donor eggs only RM25900? For the whole package? Included the cost that we need to pay to the donor?
That consider reasonable. Yes. You are right, firstly your hubby may need to accept if to use donor eggs. How do you find Dr Wong and Dr Prashant? Since you consult both of them. actually the cost for IVF with egg donation in Malaysia is not cheap. I have done a research and call most of the center in Malaysia, the cheapest and not government funded center is Island Hospital at Penang. The package is around RM17000. Their experience in IVF is famous too. Since I am located at KL, finally I didn't make it to Penang.

Hi Lovebaby,
Yes confirm Rm25900 is whole package and frozen eggs will charge Rm900 /annum.
And also can see the donor photo for me to choice. is it same like yrs ?

Few years ago i went to see Mr Mah in Island hospital at penang and find out i have cyst but that time not so serious , Mr. Mah said no need to remove.

After married for 2 years , still can not conceive i went to Columbia Asia in puchong for check up , find out my hubby have low sperm count issue.
My colleagues introduce me to see TMC Dr.Colin at that time Dr Wong Pak Seng still attached with TMC.

Dr.Colin advise me to remove my cyst bcz the size getting bigger .
After i done my operation, Dr Colin past my case to other indian Dr to follow up.
my hubby not happy with their services not carring patient at all.
The funny thing is after remove my cyst , everymth when my menstrual came i feel very pain until i need to take MC rest at home.

1 yr later ,my hubby so worry and bring my go to see other gynae and i also bring along my past record to show to the doctor and confirm the CYST are still there.

At that time really dont know who can trust, i go to internet and seach alot ppl recommend Dr Wong Pak Seng moreover is near my house.

Finally, decided go to see Dr Wong, to do my 2nd operation to remove my cyst and also for ICSI .
he is very nice and caring . Everytime i go for check up , i can see alot ppl successful to get pregnant . got twin, 1 boy & 1 gal and triple some more.
Maybe I have no luck with Dr Wong , my ICSI failed.

This time my lady boss introduce to me to see Dr. Prashant.
Like what my boss said sometime is not the doctor no good is whether I got luck with the Doctor or not.

I really tired , keep on change gynea. :(

#314 Julia chow

Julia chow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Dear Jams....hugs....don't lose hope
Your turn will come ;)

Mine is ICSI at TMC under dr. Leong, which was BFP but ended up at 6weeks. Dr said baby didn't stick well

May I know why u decided to do FET on Feb 2011, issit dr advice? Cos my doc said after 2cycles can try FET.
Now I do acupuncture everyweek to prepare my body for FET. However, my chinese doc suggest to wait until 2 or 3mnth. Hmmmm confused... I'll ask both docs again about it

Cheers

Hi Hatten,

Which Chinese doc can introduce ? I have done my ICSI last mth and result failed. Now i want try to take chinese medicine and acupuncture to take care my body first.
If u dont mind to share :rolleyes:

#315 lovebaby

lovebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hi all,

Hi Lovebaby,

Hi Julia,

Hi Lovebaby,

Hope he can help me.

Hi Julia,

Hi Lovebaby,
Yes confirm Rm25900 is whole package and frozen eggs will charge Rm900 /annum.
And also can see the donor photo for me to choice. is it same like yrs ?

Few years ago i went to see Mr Mah in Island hospital at penang and find out i have cyst but that time not so serious , Mr. Mah said no need to remove.

After married for 2 years , still can not conceive i went to Columbia Asia in puchong for check up , find out my hubby have low sperm count issue.
My colleagues introduce me to see TMC Dr.Colin at that time Dr Wong Pak Seng still attached with TMC.

Dr.Colin advise me to remove my cyst bcz the size getting bigger .
After i done my operation, Dr Colin past my case to other indian Dr to follow up.
my hubby not happy with their services not carring patient at all.
The funny thing is after remove my cyst , everymth when my menstrual came i feel very pain until i need to take MC rest at home.

1 yr later ,my hubby so worry and bring my go to see other gynae and i also bring along my past record to show to the doctor and confirm the CYST are still there.

At that time really dont know who can trust, i go to internet and seach alot ppl recommend Dr Wong Pak Seng moreover is near my house.

Finally, decided go to see Dr Wong, to do my 2nd operation to remove my cyst and also for ICSI .
he is very nice and caring . Everytime i go for check up , i can see alot ppl successful to get pregnant . got twin, 1 boy & 1 gal and triple some more.
Maybe I have no luck with Dr Wong , my ICSI failed.

This time my lady boss introduce to me to see Dr. Prashant.
Like what my boss said sometime is not the doctor no good is whether I got luck with the Doctor or not.

I really tired , keep on change gynea. :(

Hi Julia,
Dun give up. Ya, maybe u have no luck with Dr Wong. But, maybe u can give a try to Dr Prashant. There is a case where the couples infertility more than 10 yrs. Finally conceived through Dr Prashant. There is always a hope there. I truthly understand it is not easy for us who have this infertility problem. We must always support each other. Gembatei!

You are right, for the donor selection we can do selection, but not every center will let u view the photos. sometime it is also depending on the donor herself. But KL fertility is not like Sunfert, I dun think they have a donor pool, but they will help you to search for donor when there is a request.Therefore, the package is a bit expensive. For sunfert, I remember I read from some other forum, there have a larger pool of donor. Not too sure how accurate is the info as i never consult at sunfert.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users