Jily

Anyone doing IVF?

2,893 posts in this topic

Dear Josephine, penguin, wish & girls,

How is everyone getting? Have you delivered your girls Josephine?

I'm finally going forward with my FET next month after much delay due to work & CNY. Any tips for FET preps? Getting nervous.

Hi Grace20,

I have started my antagonist protocol. Now poking myself twice a day :( I am like a drug-addict :wacko: luckily it is antagonist protocol, Ms Yen told me that the injection duration is much longer if long protocol is applied. Actually I do not quite understand what are the different between these two protocol. But I believe doctor would select the one best suit me. What was your protocol previously?

Hi Virgo Gal,

All the best in your FET cycle. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum :)

A little backgrounder on me: Ttc for 1.5 years, did 3 timed intercourse cycles (one clomid, others with FSH injections) with Dr Raman of FMCG, all failed, then proceeded to Dr Sinthamoney in Pantai and did 1 Iui, which failed as well. Was diagnosed with mild PCOS.

In Feb, I saw Dr Wong at Sunfert and started our IVF journey. Did my OPU Feb 28 and was told that I should wait for 2 cycles after before doing a FET. So I'm currently in my two month wait :)

I will be 32 this year. We managed to collect 23 eggs, 6 of which were fertilised naturally and the rest with ICSI. They have frozen only 6 it seems. The embryologist said 2 were of good quality and the rest average. So I'm really nervous whether it will work for me when we do the FET!

I started going on a dairy-free and gluten-free diet recently in hopes that it will regulate my period and have it come sooner! Eating lots of veggies and fruits too.

At the moment, I'm not sure what the process will be like for FET when I go back on the second day of my period (sometime in April). Tried researching online and saw some people go through 1 month of injections before doing the FET, while others only 18 days.

If you ladies have any experiences to share, I would be so grateful!

Baby dust to everyone!

P/s the wait is killing me!

Jee,

Usually long protocol is for younger patient, Dr told me I will on short protocol because of my age. Long protocol - longer time, more jabs but less scanning. Short protocol - shorter time, less jabs but frequent scanning. Antagonist is in between kua?

Your counsellor is Yena? She is my counsellor too. I like her very much compare to those from the previous hospital.

Meibe,

Try read earlier post. Many got pregnant via FET recently. And FET is so relaxing compare to a full IVF cycle ya. I had FET 4 years ago, did not eat anything special, it was a sweet BFP for me. But I do encourage you to eat healthily, take supplements etc. I suppose there was an issue that's why Dr did not do transfer after OPU?

Hi Grace20,

When will you start your IVF? I thought you mentioned before that you want to do it in May or June? My OPU most probably would be next week. Ya ya, my counsellor is Yena, I like her too :) all the best to you ya

Hi Meibe,

Many baby dust to you :) me too, wonder why you did not have fresh embryo transfer. I was told to take normal and balanced meals, with high proteins like egg, meat, nut, milk etc. They do not allow me to take supplements other than the folic acid and multivi provided.

Hi..i am 34 years old with mild pcos.being married for 2 years now and been trying since then.My dh is normal and I dont have any other problem.I tried 2 fresh cycle.one in HUKM and failed.another one with Dr Tee, Metro Klang also failed. about 3 months ago.2weeks ago did a FET and today my UPT is BFN.blood for Beta was taken though and I will only get the result on Monday since in sat today.

However I think it will be a failed cycle again since its negative in home pregnancy test.Im so sad and looking for some inspiring stories here.hmmm...I had very high hopes since Dr Tee is one of the best ivf doc I have heard.Really feel depressed.any sugestion????

Hi virgo gal,penguin, appletan and all the mummies/ mummies-to-be,

I delivered my twins 2 weeks ago while I was 34 weeks and 4 days!! Thanks God that no complication and babies are doing well. No NICU nor incubator needed! Babies weighing 2.44kg and 2.59kg, and we are all home now. :)

For those newbies here, both my pregnancy from frozen transferred! Fresh cycle- failed! First FET- Singleton, Second FET- Twins!

I want to encourage all the mummies here to be optimistic and not to lose hope in whatever situations you are going thorough! When there is a will, there is a way! Bundles of joys are on its way...

Many baby dusts to all of you here...

Hi Josephine,

Congratulations! :) It's not easy to take care of twin babies, take good rest ya.

Hi Virgo Gal,

When will be your FET? Many baby dust to you. I have just done my ET on 4/4, having mild OHSS I think, with bloated tummy which looks like 3-month pregnant :( I am now in my 2ww

Hi Waiting4miracle,

So sorry to hear that. Please do not give up. Take a break and then start working on it again. I have heard numerous stories from friends, friends' friend... many of them experienced a few failures before success to get pregnant. Do you still have embryo kept in Metro? May be take a break at the moment and go back to them. You can try Dr Mohan, though he is new there but I find he is quite experience and caring. I have my IVF done under him.

Hug hug and do not give up ya. Take care

Hi all,

We are new here and based in Sarawak. Got problems of PCOS & one time ectopic pregnancy in Aug 2014.

Now we are planning for IVF. Any body guide us here in Sarawak, does anybody heard of London Fertility centre Kuching.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jee ...Thanx for the advice and encouragement.No..no embryo left in metro.Dr Tee asked to coke back after 2 months for another fresh cycle.Till then eat healthy and not to be stressed.Well,I am ok now and I hope soon I will have a baby of my own.It has not been an easy journey for me.But I will not give up...hope you are doing fine..huggsss...

Hi Waiting4miracle,

Thanks for your wishes.

Take a break and come back again :)

Hi Vicky,

I have never heard of the IVF centre which u mentioned. Not familiar with those centres in the East of Malaysia. Have you started your IVF cycle? All the best ya :)

Hi Jee.

I have started my FET on short protocol now. Taking medication progynova and Metformin. Seriously the meds are making me feeling so sick. Been having diarrhea every morning, and no appetite to eat. Anything dairy / creamy makes me soooo nauseous. Dr say this is the side effect of the meds. Anyone here has these side effects? How do u all manage it?

Hi Jee.

I have started my FET on short protocol now. Taking medication progynova and Metformin. Seriously the meds are making me feeling so sick. Been having diarrhea every morning, and no appetite to eat. Anything dairy / creamy makes me soooo nauseous. Dr say this is the side effect of the meds. Anyone here has these side effects? How do u all manage it?

Does anyone here continue acupuncture after ET? My dr does not encourage it but I think a lot of ppl does it.

Hi Virgo Gal,

I'm waiting to see the doc to start preparing for my FET cycle this month.

I have been on Metformin for 2 months. I still get diarrhea in the mornings, or usually after breakfast. Used to feel nauseas (have a bad taste in my mouth) after taking the tablets at night. That went away after a while.

I think the diarrhea is manageable.

I went off dairy/gluten food for awhile but ate more fresh fruits as snacks.

Stick with it for a bit longer? Should get used to it soon.

Hi Meibe,

Alright I will. This is my first And hopefully the successful FET. When are you starting yours? I'm targeting to transfer end of this month.

Hi Virgo Gal!

Wow best wishes! Which doctor are you seeing? I'm still waiting for my AF...I'm not sure how long the preparation process is before the day of FET. I'm thinking it will likely be mid May? My AF has always been irregular and this month it's late again. Nevertheless, I have a doc's appointment set for next week and will probably use progynova if it does not come naturally. This is my first IVF/FET too! Am really nervous!

Baby dust to you!

Hi Meibe

I am seeing Dr Wong. Started my IVF last year in sept/ Oct. I was on long protocol. I did not manage to do a fresh transfer as my hormone was quite high after the OPU. Dr asked me to wait for at least 2 period. I further delayed the FET due to my work constraints until now.

I have been quite moody after started my meds in prep of FET. Our FET timing are quite close, we will be FET buddies 😃.

You are also seeing Dr Wong sunfert?

Good luck n bb dust to Us 😙

Hi Waiting4miracle,

I had my OPU on 2/4, ET on 4/4 and first pregnancy test done on 14/4 (12 days post ET). It's good news for me. UPT show double line and beta hCG was 317iu/l :D Dr Mohan is my lucky star!! He is a very good doctor indeed, always so patient and kind to answer all my questions. May be you should see him next time if you plan to have another IVF at Metro IVF. Well, take care.

Hi Virgo gal and Meibe,

Many baby dust to both of you. I believe FET is much more easier compared to IVF as you do not have to jab yourself everyday!

Hi Josephine,

Congatulations to your newborns! I think it's not east to take care of twin babies. Have you got confinement lady to help you out? I hope that you will get enough rest during your confinement. It is important!

Hi Apple Tan,

How are you getting on? I am now around 29 weeks already. Baby is getting heavier and sometimes I have short of breath while walking. Did not sleep well at night too. May be because I am advanced-age pregnant mom, tend to have more complications. But luckily my blood sugar and blood pressure are still normal. How about you?

Hi Jee,

I am so happy for you :D But remember do not get over-excited and over-confident. You still have to take good care of yourself (eg no heavy work, no heavy lifting, eat well and rest well etc) until second trimester. Dr Tee always said this to me when I went back to see him for follow-ups after positive result. I think Dr Mohan should have told you the same thing? Well, take care of yourself and congrats!

Sisters, for those who are TTC-ing, good luck and many baby dust. Gam ba teh!

Hello Jee...Really happy for you...Hope all goes well with you throughout 9 months...Yeah maybe I will try with Dr Mohan next month..take care and have alot of rest ok..

Meibi and virgogal all the best to both of you...May your wishes come true this time ....take care!!!

Hi Virgo Gal!

Yes I've been seeing Dr Wong since Feb this year. Did my OPU end of Feb, and because I had a lot of eggs, doc recommended that I do a FET for better success rates (because I might get a lot of bloating/lining wouldn't be good enough otherwise).

So I have been waiting for my AF this whole month...still not here yet! Can't wait for my appointment this weekend anyhow.

How has your process been coming along? I'm actually not sure what it entails...oral medication/injections for how long?

I suppose we might bump into each other at Dr Wong's! Many baby dust to you!

I have a friend who's also been seeing Dr Wong and she just got her BFP last week, first time fresh cycle!

Hi Jee and Waiting4miracle,

Thank you so much for the wishes!