Natalya

Help is available

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I suffered from Post Natal Depression after the birth of my son a few months ago.

It was the most horrible experience of my life and so extremely tough to get through.

One of the hardest things was that nobody seem to know how to help me.

Finally my midwife gave me a contact for a doctor who explained what post natal depression was and he helped me get out of it in 2 weeks.

It was the biggest life changing experience of my life.

I just want all those who are suffering from this to know that u CAN get out of it.

All it takes is medication to balance out the bio-chemistry imbalance.

Pls PM me as I wanna help u just as my mid-wife had helped me.

I can share my experience with u and refer u to the right doctor.

Motherhood is such a joy for me now and every mum should have the right to enjoy it instead of suffering in silence.

Hi Natalya,

My sister in law just delivered her baby 2 weeks ago, immediately after the baby was born doctor detected batecria in the baby blood and the baby was under ICU for 1 week. Thanks God that the baby now is ok and back home. However, my sister in law is having difficulty breast feeding and she doesn't know how to handle the baby. We suspect she is having post natal depression as she couldn't sleep for 3 days already.

Would really appreciate if you could help us in getting the right doctor to help her. Many Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Lee Ling

Hi!

I suffered from Post Natal Depression after the birth of my son a few months ago.

It was the most horrible experience of my life and so extremely tough to get through.

Finally my midwife gave me a contact for a doctor who explained what post natal depression was and he helped me get out of it in 2 weeks.

I just want all those who are suffering from this to know that u CAN get out of it.

Motherhood is such a joy for me now and every mum should have the right to enjoy it instead of suffering in silence.

Hi Lee Ling,

Am so sorry to hear that your sis-in-law is having a tough time.

Being a first time mum is hard, even though i prepared so much for it.

The first sign of PPD for me was also fatigue. I was tired all the time, yet i couldn't sleep and worried a lot about my baby.

I also had low milk supply which cause a lot of breastfeeding issues for me.

Later my conditioned worsened and i got anxiety attacks, panic disorders, unable to concentrate on tasks, complete lack of confidence, depression and more.

I really would encourage her to see a doctor if she has half or more of the signs of PPD. U can check them here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postpartum-depression/DS00546/DSECTION=symptoms

http://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-depression-and-anxiety_227.bc

In Malaysia, seeing a psychotherapist is considered taboo becos there is so little information about this.

But tell your sis-in-law, seeing this doctor is the best thing i did to help me in my motherhood journey. There is no shame, it is like seeing any other doctor for a illness.

Contact Dr Brian Ho in Pantai Hospital 03-22960715. He is very experienced and one of the best out there.

His charges are expensive but worth every penny.

Pls feel free to let me know if i can help in any way.

Hi Natalya,

My sister in law just delivered her baby 2 weeks ago, immediately after the baby was born doctor detected batecria in the baby blood and the baby was under ICU for 1 week. Thanks God that the baby now is ok and back home. However, my sister in law is having difficulty breast feeding and she doesn't know how to handle the baby. We suspect she is having post natal depression as she couldn't sleep for 3 days already.

Would really appreciate if you could help us in getting the right doctor to help her. Many Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Lee Ling

Hi!

Thank you Natalya for sharing the experience. I think there's a lot of woman suffering post natal depression out there and they do not how to get help. This post would really help a lot! Kudos to Natalya!

Hi all,

I guess I'm lucky not to get PND during my first few mths after my baby was born. I was a first time mum, being the youngest at home, I was really clueless on taking care of a newborn. It doesn't help when I was staying with my MIL, and she's such a critic. My in-laws will start scolding me when my girl cries more than a minute. My girl is the really fussy type, carrying or rocking the sarung the wrong way will make her cry... not the gentle cry though... I am staying in Johor, while my mum's in KL. So I feel so helpless when I face all these... Imagine listening to this: you fail as a mother, you can't even coax your own daughter to drink milk.... your daughter cries more when you're around...

I had a few of the symptoms like fatigue, no appetite, and feel like crying most of the time.

But somehow I'm the happy go lucky type of person and got out of the blues after 3 mths... when my girl started crying less, my confidence and skills improved a lot.

I'm now the closest and best person when taking care of my girl and nobody denies it... :P I guess somebody can eat back their words and I'm so happy I've survived the almost PND period... Cheers!!

To all new mummies, have confidence in yourself, you can do it... but do get help if you have symptoms of PND.

I used to suffer from post partum depression when my son was born. For 2 years I felt I wasn't a good enough mother. When my baby cried, it made me really scared and inedequate. My husband was supportive but he couldn't really help me out of it. I started losing sleep and crying a lot.

In the end, my friend recommended hypnotherapy to me. I found this therapist in Aman Suria called Joyce Hue and she is really good. She was understanding and patient in helping me get over my insecurities.

It was a difficult time for me then but I know there is hope. To all the new mums out there, be strong and go seek help.

reasons I love Hamilton Zoo.. Gucci Exotics

depending upon such factors as the paralegal educational background and work Gucci Clutches

samples are needed than for mass spectroscopy, but NMR is non caustic, and with Gucci Men Bags

over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IPTV. http://www.marioburgos.com/Gucci-handbags-online.html

Bright Hub Media Gallery. I made them with a whole cup of cake mix and twice the Gucci Totes

product and widen their marketing campaigns. Unable to balance both work and Louis Vuitton For sale

can add gadgets such as calendars, clocks, and weather forecasts to the Windows Louis Vuitton Men Bags

without that particular option..Then and only then do we attack the rest of the Gucci Exotics

i think mos of the mother is having the same depression when come to pregrant.
stay calm & supportive from husband is a must