Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goldkitty

At-home-spa trend (jade roller???)

39 posts in this topic

These days there's alot of hype around at-home facial tools like jade roller, facial toning devices and facial steamers, so i recently bought a jade roller to try it out 

bought one from The Pastel Shop, https://www.thepastelsshop.com/products/springsea-jade-roller-1 

(they also sell gua sha, which i think gives you the same effect (only its smaller, and shaped differently) 

i've been using it for a few weeks now, and i would use it with my A'kin rosehip oil (you can use a moisturiser too, if you'd like) for the massage...i do this every night before i go to sleep. and my face would feels soooo good the next morning!! soft, and glowy than usual :wub:  i sometimes would roll my face over a sheet mask, and that feels super nice as well. 

I read that it improves circulation and lymphatic drainage, so you look more glowing and less puffy... the upward movement on the rolling motion when you're doing the massaging is also vital, so you could reduce fine lines and wrinkles

have anyone tried a jade roller before? or any trending beauty tools? 

I bought a gua sha and I loveee it!! esp wearing it during night time bcs its so relaxing and in the morning my skin would look a lot less puffed

Even if you watch Vogue beauty secrets , most of the celebs incorporate gua sha in their skincare routine so I get the hype 

I notice that a lot of local skincare products now want to sell jade rollers hahaha I guess it really is in trend rn 

On 1/25/2021 at 6:27 PM, jolenechan46 said:

I bought a gua sha and I loveee it!! esp wearing it during night time bcs its so relaxing and in the morning my skin would look a lot less puffed

where did u bought yours? I saw the herbivore one from Sephora but theyre like on the pricier side

On 1/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, jolenechan46 said:

LifEven if you watch Vogue beauty secrets , most of the celebs incorporate gua sha in their skincare routine so I get the hype 

hahahaha lol trueeeee :D i saw the one with lily Collins thts why im tempted to buy huhu

I have a facial steamer at home, bought it bcs my skin is dry as a sahara dessert and I just have had ENOUGH lolllll

3 hours ago, morningbird said:

hahahaha lol trueeeee :D i saw the one with lily Collins thts why im tempted to buy huhu

saw it too! shes soooo cute and ageless???!! didn't like Emily in paris tho lol 

On 1/25/2021 at 6:30 PM, morningbird said:

I have a facial steamer at home, bought it bcs my skin is dry as a sahara dessert and I just have had ENOUGH lolllll

gurl mine too omg ,mine is dry as heck no matter how many times I re-apply lotion tht day idek I be caring about my skin, but my skin don't care about me :(:(

2 hours ago, kong1king said:

I see this tool everywhere now I feel like its overrated

its overrated but I get it coz I do see the difference after using it, I bought a lot of at home spa products bcs honestly its so costly to go for facial monthly..why not just buy the appliances and do it to myself hahah

3 hours ago, morningbird said:

uuuu sounds niceee, I was thinking of adding it to my next at home spa investment hehe mind sharing your experience w it 

22 hours ago, liumandy61 said:

should I buy a jade roller? I read that it help tightens the skin and Im so worried abt ageing :-(((((

you can buy anything that can anti aging but cannot use all of them at one time, need to test one by one and see how was the result

i think most important part in anti aging is to make sure that our skin has enough moisture, moisture can tighten up the bond and make it firms

17 hours ago, jolenechan46 said:

i think most important part in anti aging is to make sure that our skin has enough moisture, moisture can tighten up the bond and make it firms

yesss that's why I bought the facial steamer... the steam particles gives me moisture so my skin doesn't look dry..my mom always remind me that dry skin will give a older looking complexion. thts why everyone is obsessed with the glass skin trend nowdays hahah

After I steam my face, I would use a serum and facial oil... im using the jojoba oil from raw by pastels, since its really good for dry skin. I swear my face feels waaaayyyy better the next morning 

17 hours ago, morningbird said:

yes i practice for the face spa routine because it can help in delivering the steam particles, moisturize our face yesss that's why I bought the facial steamer... the steam particles gives me moisture so my skin doesn't look dry..my mom always remind me that dry skin will give a older looking complexion. thts why everyone is obsessed with the glass skin trend nowdays hahah

ahhh yesss, that's another trend thts been going on for awhile now...I saw quite a number of youtubers trying tht look and they use a lot of essence and hydrating serums to achieve tht dewy look 

3 hours ago, jolenechan46 said:

you can buy anything that can anti aging but cannot use all of them at one time, need to test one by one and see how was the result

righttttt im afraid my face breaking out if i use a lot of product in one time. do u have any reccommendations?? :blink:

On 1/26/2021 at 8:00 PM, jolenechan46 said:

its overrated but I get it coz I do see the difference after using it, I bought a lot of at home spa products bcs honestly its so costly to go for facial monthly..why not just buy the appliances and do it to myself hahah

hmm that make senses too but how that helps with our skin?

aaaa I really wanted to buy a jade roller but I was hesitant abt it. 

a facial steamer sounds tempting too, saw a lot on shopee for like rm15 huhu imma wait for dat 2.2 sale

On 1/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, CaTandMouse said:

aaaa I really wanted to buy a jade roller but I was hesitant abt it. 

a facial steamer sounds tempting too, saw a lot on shopee for like rm15 huhu imma wait for dat 2.2 sale

maybe you should check out the Panasonic one? I feel like its better to buy a known brand than a cheap one where you're not sure if it functions well or not..its kind of a waste of money to buy a product that's cheap but the effects aren't guaranteed

On 1/27/2021 at 9:38 PM, kong1king said:

hmm that make senses too but how that helps with our skin?

tools like gua sha can massage your face, and the facial steamer can open up your pores and moisturize your skin and clear out any impurities...its WAAAY better than going to a spa (which u cant do anywhere since its mco haha) seriously, I rather buy all facial spa products than go to a rm200 one time sesh at the spa 

On 1/28/2021 at 6:24 PM, jolenechan46 said:

tools like gua sha can massage your face, and the facial steamer can open up your pores and moisturize your skin and clear out any impurities...its WAAAY better than going to a spa (which u cant do anywhere since its mco haha) seriously, I rather buy all facial spa products than go to a rm200 one time sesh at the spa 

agreed, and also massaging I mean, you can massage by yourself so for me I prioritize buying a facial steamer since I really need to increase the hydration in my face..plus I feel more secured to wear any products after tht bcs i'm  sure it absorbs better once I finish using my facial steamer :P

On 1/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, jolenechan46 said:

maybe you should check out the Panasonic one? I feel like its better to buy a known brand than a cheap one where you're not sure if it functions well or not..its kind of a waste of money to buy a product that's cheap but the effects aren't guaranteed

yessss I 100% agree, even better why not just buy their hair dryer instead? the Panasonic na-98 has a skin function that can function similar to a facial steamer...u can dry your hair and steam your face, there's even a scalp function if your scalp is dry no need to do a hair treatment either :rolleyes: a complete at home full body care right there