Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qqbeh

Are fabric masks any good?

25 posts in this topic

I saw many people wear the fancy2 one.Some from designer and premium brand. I think it is reusable masks more cost-effective option in the long run but need to be cared properly for them to be effective. Im still prefer surgical facemask. How bout you guys?

I prefer surgical/medical mask as well, just throw it after use. Fabric mask i still doubt that can it protect us from virus

Reusable mask is another option to medical mask but do check do their quality oso la .But if wear it just because of takut kena fine 1k  then they are far better than no mask at all..huhu

1 hour ago, qqbeh said:

I saw many people wear the fancy2 one.Some from designer and premium brand. I think it is reusable masks more cost-effective option in the long run but need to be cared properly for them to be effective. Im still prefer surgical facemask. How bout you guys?

i think they comes with disposable filters, so you have to change filter everytime you wear.

29 minutes ago, anna_tan89 said:

I prefer surgical/medical mask as well, just throw it after use. Fabric mask i still doubt that can it protect us from virus

but i saw a lot of people wearing it, even public figures too

On 1/18/2021 at 3:45 PM, qqbeh said:

I heard some fabric mask are qualified to filter out the virus, but must find from the right sources like pharmacy la.agree to what you mention just now, i think fabric mask also eco-friendly and save cost in long run. Those really has tight budget still can use this as alternative,as long as we follow the SOP.

15 hours ago, BBphire said:

Some fabric mask are qualified to filter out the virus, agree to what you said too, fabric mask will be more eco-friendly and save cost in long run 

so basically we can wash the mask and reuse it?

16 hours ago, gongzaimee said:

i think they comes with disposable filters, so you have to change filter everytime you wear.

kinda pricey to always buy the filter, maybe i prefer the normal surgical mask that i used to wear

18 hours ago, gongzaimee said:

I thought is that we just need to wash it, I did not know that there are filters that we need to change it every time we wear it 

Then do we still need to wash the mask ??

On 1/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, avatar1avatar said:

Reusable mask is another option to medical mask but do check do their qualify to protect us from the virus, better to get if from trustable source 

I thinking to try out  a fabric/cloth/ reusable material mask as well in these while cause i dont think that MCO will end so soon ... Do you have any suggestion brand or where to get it ? 

On 1/19/2021 at 9:54 AM, maduhoneysoo said:

so basically we can wash the mask and reuse it?

Yes, yes just wash it and reuse it, I saw watson also selling reusable facemask and kind like fabric material. so it should be ok to wear you can go and have a look.

19 hours ago, gongzaimee said:

1 hour ago, avatar1avatar said:

I thought is that we just need to wash it, I did not know that there are filters that we need to change it every time we wear it 

Then do we still need to wash the mask ??

Me too, i thought that fabric mask means that we can wash it then wear it again does not know that they is filter to change 

mind to share more about this cause thinking of buying fabric mask after this 

2 hours ago, avatar1avatar said:

I want to get a fabric mask as well in these while cause i dont think that MCO will end so soon ... 

Do you have any suggestion brand or where to get it ? 

Vircas Medic can get from watson, safety checked (ASTM TYPE II with BFE 98%) 

I am using this, good quality and most important breathable and safe

On 1/19/2021 at 0:50 PM, BBphire said:

Yes, yes just wash it and reuse it, I saw nowadays watson also selling fabric so it should be ok to wear you can go and have a look

So now watson are selling reusable mask as well, good will go and have a look for it, since it is sold in watson so it should be qualified to filter out the virus and safe to use la. 

21 hours ago, BarneyLim007 said:

Just saw your reply after my replied hahahaha will probably buy this when i go out for grocery and mask, try to get all the things at once and reduce going out 

btw do you have any recommend for surgical facemask?

22 hours ago, BarneyLim007 said:

I am using Vicras Medic fabric mask too, can be wash up to 30 times so kind of worth in long run but do get a box of surgical mask as fabric mask is kind of personal even thought it can be wash 

1 hour ago, batkoo88 said:

I am using Vicras Medic fabric mask too, can be wash up to 30 times so kind of worth in long run but do get a box of surgical mask as fabric mask is kind of personal even thought it can be wash 

can soap effectively remove virus ? i trust disposable mask better than fabric mask

2 hours ago, qqbeh said:

So now watson are selling fabric mask as well, good will go and have a look for it, since it is sold in watson so it should be qualified to filter out the virus 

how about the price? usually fabric mask is quite pricey

On 1/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, maduhoneysoo said:

can soap effectively remove virus ? i trust disposable mask better than fabric mask

As said above, check their quality (safety), did they complied to the requirement and get from trustable source (pharmacy)
If you really have no confidence on the fabric mask, then just continue with surgical mask because it is more complied to the safety guidelines.Maybe you can check Medicos brand. That one also 3PLY and from local brand,so no doubt on all material used.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, BarneyLim007 said:

Wow fabric mask also can check their BFE/PFE value did not know about that then it should be good to go to be an option to medical mask nice will go to get it by today thanks for your info too 

20 hours ago, maduhoneysoo said:

how about the price? usually fabric mask is quite pricey

Checked with watson online store, Vicras Medic fabric mask less than RM15 and can wash up to 30 times, so you can do calculation yourself, for me is it not expensive 

22 minutes ago, BBphire said:

Checked with watson online store, Vicras Medic fabric mask less than RM15 and can wash up to 30 times, so you can do calculation yourself, for me is it not expensive 

i prefer buying from online sites such as lazada or shopee cause i dont need to go out and its cheaper

19 hours ago, batkoo88 said:

As said above, check their quality (safety), did they complied to the requirement and get from trustable source (pharmacy)

If you really did not trust the fabric mask, then just continue with surgical mask as long as the surgical mask is complied to the safety to protect you from virus  

i never buy mask from pharmacy, i buy from online and agents but for now i am still fine no issues for me

4 hours ago, maduhoneysoo said:

i never buy mask from pharmacy, i buy from online and agents but for now i am still fine no issues for me

again as i said if the mask is complied to the quality (can safe you from the virus) then it is good to go, dont just go for cheap and ignore the risk, and most important it is not only risking you own life also person near you, your family 

18 hours ago, batkoo88 said:

again as i said if the mask is complied to the quality (can safe you from the virus) then it is good to go, dont just go for cheap and ignore the risk, and most important it is not only risking you own life also person near you, your family 

you are right, i will try to check the standards before buying next time