Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
titipoh

how to fight ‘maskne’???

24 posts in this topic

My face has severe breakout  after wear facemask ...is it because of some contain a chemical that causes an allergic reaction?
Any suggestion guys how treat this? :( since no choice have to wear facemask

You may try to use skincare product that have soothing function and also try to get facemask that are breathable 

One of the biggest cause of maskne is the mask material . Either you have sensitive skin or the mask material is causing the fraction on the skin to break out. Its advisable to get better quality mask for your own safety and also to protect the face from breaking out

1 minute ago, meesuhaimee said:

One of the biggest cause of maskne is the mask itself. Either you are sensitive skin or not wearing a mask that are uncomfortable would cause u to have maskne. Look for mask that will not cause skin allergic material 

Yes agree. As when we talk the mask is also rubbing our face so it is important to use mask that made with material that will not cause skin allergic. Also do take note about  their BFE & PFE value for safety purpose 

13 hours ago, heilulu said:

Yes agree. As when we talk the mask is also rubbing our face so it is important to use mask that made with material that will not cause skin allergic. Also do take note about  their BFE & PFE value for safety purpose 

Talking about the BFE & PFE, i  do heard about many people talking about it, but still kinda blur of it may you explain a little if you are still here 

1. Avoid make up when maskne occur btw u are wearing mask so no problem with no make up wink;)

2. Change or wash ur mask regularly

3. Buy a breathable mask, better quality mask (get from pharmacy like Watson) 

2 hours ago, mikke87 said:

Talking about the BFE & PFE, i  do heard about many people talking about it, but still kinda blur of it may you explain a little if you are still here 

When come to facemask quality (safety), it is important to know about their BFE and PFE value
Basically, only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical" masks (Safe your from covid-19).

BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency): BFE measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency):PFE measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner. (The size of the covid-19 is approximately 0.125 microns).

Make sure to check this 2 values before buying any 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, titipoh said:

My face has severe breakout  after wear facemask ...is it because of some contain a chemical that causes an allergic reaction?

It is not that the mask contains chemical in which causes allergic but its kind of fabric material of the mask 
Agreed... change to a breathable mask that will not cause allergic. Try Medicos or  Empro as i first switch because of the ISO certified and then realise its the material that wont cause allergy and for better protedtion

On 1/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, titipoh said:

maybe its because you have sensitive skin. maybe try cotton clothing mask? 

11 hours ago, heilulu said:

When come to facemask quality (safety), it is important to know about their BFE and PFE value
Basically, only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical" masks (Safe your from covid-19).

BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency): BFE measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency):PFE measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner. (The size of the covid-19 is approximately 0.125 microns).

is the mask from shopee & lazada contain information on BPE and PEF value?  i usuallyy buy from those websites

10 hours ago, Cookiecream said:

is the mask from shopee & lazada contain information on BPE and PEF value?  i usuallyy buy from those websites

Some yes and some no, so need to be careful when buying 

Check carefully, protect yourself and everyone 

23 hours ago, heilulu said:

Oh wow thanks a lots now i know more about BFE & PFE, before this i checked the value before i buy but dk what it is for hahahahaha, i just know that better to have >95% thats all   

But i do also heard about the Type I,II,III so i am confused ...

22 hours ago, qqbeh said:

It is not that the mask contain chemical that cause you to have allergic is the fabric, the material of the mask 

Agree to what mentioned above, that change to a breathable and mask that will not cause allergic as I know that Medicos and Empro, their mask are ISO certified (will not cause skin allergic material) 

Checked, Medicos and Empro BFE & PFE value are >98% + with ur info that they are ISO certified (will not cause skin allergic material), i think i would buy this brand after this, the one i am using now is abit not that comfortable ... 

15 minutes ago, mikke87 said:

Checked, Medicos and Empro BFE & PFE value are >98% + with ur info that they are ISO certified (will not cause skin allergic material), i think i would buy this brand after this, the one i am using now is abit not that comfortable ... 

where can i find the medicos empro mask? is it pricely?

2 hours ago, heilulu said:

Some yes and some no, so need to be careful when buying 

Check carefully, protect yourself and everyone 

for now im still fine using mask from online websites, so i guess its okay for those who wants to save some money

On 1/6/2021 at 0:11 PM, goldkitty said:

for now im still fine using mask from online websites, so i guess its okay for those who wants to save some money

safer to get from shopee mall or like watsons. just rmb check all information before buying

21 hours ago, Cookiecream said:

I get it from watson normally, nowadays the price for facemask is kind of fixed 

I prefer to buy it directly than waiting for the shipping :D

21 hours ago, BBphire said:

It is ok if the seller trustable, just rmb check all information before buying

However, i do preferred to buy from pharmacy like watson as if anything they will be gg, so safety quality assure 

sometimes i buy from agents too, so its easier for me to just cod at home. quality not so bad

1 hour ago, mikke87 said:

I get it from watson normally, nowadays the price for facemask is kind of fixed 

I prefer to buy it directly than waiting for the shipping :D

yeah when i needed the mask urgently i will go for COD from individual seller online. i saw people wearing batik mask now, looks kinda nice

On 1/6/2021 at 11:28 AM, mikke87 said:

Oh wow thanks a lots now i know more about BFE & PFE, before this i checked the value before i buy but dk what it is for hahahahaha, i just know that better to have >95% thats all   

But i do also heard about the Type I,II,III so i am confused ...

Facemask which have tested with ASTM will have categorized as Type I, TYPE II and Type III
Type II and Type III will provide you the best protections, BFE > 98%

So basically look for BFE & PFE >98% or  Type II & III 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:10 AM, goldkitty said:

yeah when i needed the mask urgently i will go for COD from individual seller online. i saw people wearing batik mask now, looks kinda nice

Again as I said rmb to check about their quality, does it complied to what is required to protect us from the virus 

if want to look nice try empro...they got different colour so can fashio bit wear diff colour

On 1/6/2021 at 0:08 PM, Cookiecream said:

The price for facemask now is kinda fix so no need to worry about overprice

the quality iso so i feel safer purchasing it than unknown brand

21 hours ago, heilulu said:

Facemask which have tested with ASTM will have categorized as Type I, TYPE II and Type III
Type II and Type III will provide you the best protections, BFE > 98%

So basically look for BFE & PFE >98% or  Type II & III 

oh ok but do they label the BFE and PFE on the packaging of the mask box? 

21 hours ago, qqbeh said:

The price for facemask now is kinda fix so no need to worry about overprice

I normally buy it at watson cause near to my house and quality assure  

yes the china masks are underpriced probably because of the lack of quality and they dont have the BFE and PFE