Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronlim1990

Congee for baby and me❤

25 posts in this topic

Hai all parents,

Anyone can share some recipes to make congee that is good for my 4 y/o as well as something that is filling for grown ups as well?

just google search congee recipe and there will jump out many kind of recipe...
last time i also copy from there

KITCHEN GEAR:
cutting board
sharp knife
large soup pot with lid
peeler
potholder
an adult helper

INGREDIENTS:
1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
1⁄4 small Spanish onion, diced
1⁄4 cup diced carrots
2 tablespoons diced celery
1⁄2 cup long-grain brown rice (not parboiled)
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1⁄4 teaspoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
1 small piece of fresh ginger root, about the size of a nickel, peeled and minced.
2 scallions, green and white parts, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves

INSTRUCTIONS:
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients on a clean counter.

1. With the help of an adult, place a large soup pot over medium-low heat and wait 2 minutes for it to heat.
2. With the adult, carefully add the oil, then add the onion, carrots and celery.
3. Cook until vegetables are softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the rice and chicken stock, raise the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
5. Once the soup is bubbling, turn the heat to very low and cover the pot partway with a lid.
6. Cook until the rice falls apart, about 30 minutes.
7. Add the unseasoned rice vinegar, stir, and set the rice aside, covered, while you prepare the toppings.
8. Add the toppings to the congee just before you serve it.

Congee really takes long time to cook, better buy from outside, can save more time..

2 hours ago, lancang59 said:

normally i bring my kids to eat outside, coz really dun hv time to prepare for them

Is there any restaurant that u think the congee is taste good? Can recommend some of it to me?

I usually just go outside and eat because I'm busy with my work and this can save a lot of time. 

4 hours ago, lancang59 said:

normally i bring my kids to eat outside, coz really dun hv time to prepare for them

Definitely yes, eating at outside is more easier and convenient. The price of the congee is affordable. Eating at outside don't need too much burden.

1 hour ago, qqbeh said:

Is there any restaurant that u think the congee is taste good? Can recommend some of it to me?

Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert can be ur choice to have the congee. The congee sell there taste good. There are many outlets in now. Can go and have a try if u want.

17 hours ago, catwang90 said:

Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert can be ur choice to have the congee. The congee sell there taste good. There are many outlets in now. Can go and have a try if u want.

Sure, can i know abit about what types of congee are they selling? 

5 minutes ago, qqbeh said:

Sure, can i know abit about what types of congee are they selling? 

they are selling various types of congee... here u go :D supreme congee with sliced fish, prawn, scallop and sliced mock abalone, sliced fish congee, preserved egg and pork ball congee, and aso chicken congee. All are very delicious

1 minute ago, catwang90 said:

they are selling various types of congee... here u go :D supreme congee with sliced fish, prawn, scallop and sliced mock abalone, sliced fish congee, preserved egg and pork ball congee, and aso chicken congee. All are very delicious

That's nice. Many choices can be chosen, won't tired of eating the same one. Btw, i never try b4, are these all based on Hong Kong's favourite?

19 hours ago, catwang90 said:

i just bought from mamak stall, there is more cheaper... i think dessert shop is expensive

1 minute ago, lancang59 said:

i just bought from mamak stall, there is more cheaper... i think dessert shop is expensive

scared that food at mamak stall is dirty, better eat at shop...
a little bit expensive is nvm

22 hours ago, lancang59 said:

The price at Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert is affordable, not too expensive to have one congee

23 hours ago, qqbeh said:

That's nice. Many choices can be chosen, won't tired of eating the same one. Btw, i never try b4, are these all based on Hong Kong's favourite?

Yup. Thier food there all are cooked in Hong Kong's style. No need to go to Hong Kong and try. Many outlet are opened in KL area.

23 hours ago, catwang90 said:

Yup. Thier food there all are cooked in Hong Kong's style. No need to go to Hong Kong and try. Many outlet are opened in KL area.

That's great. So convenient to reach their outlet everywhere i go..

On 6/25/2019 at 7:05 PM, catwang90 said:

I heard they aso provide delivery service, really?

2 minutes ago, stellachew90 said:

I heard they aso provide delivery service, really?

Yaya, if you're busy with ur job, can't leave ur job, u can order via food panda to have their food. 

On 6/27/2019 at 0:40 PM, catwang90 said:

The price at Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert is affordable, not too expensive to have one congee

how big was one congee?? gt pic show me?? price is affordable then tat's how much??

5 hours ago, stellachew90 said:

That's great. So convenient to reach their outlet everywhere i go..

by the way, i think the dessert at hk jin xuan is more delicious than sheng kee

2 minutes ago, cheelong81 said:

by the way, i think the dessert at hk jin xuan is more delicious than sheng kee

i gt ate at jin xuan last time, the price is soooo damn expensive...but it's truly delicious

19 minutes ago, lancang59 said:

how big was one congee?? gt pic show me?? price is affordable then tat's how much??

the size of congee is show like below pic.. price is below 10ringgit or 10++, I can't remember ald

sheng-kee-congee.jpg

1 minute ago, zaqzaq said:

the size of congee is show like below pic.. price is below 10ringgit or 10++, I can't remember ald

sheng-kee-congee.jpg

not bad, the size is medium...the vege is same set with the congee too??

looks nice lah... I think for their price I have to agree that hkshengkee have better to offer