Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meesuhaimee

Biskut raya for mother-in-law

35 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, titipoh said:

I think that is the main point of baking together with your family, we dont usually have the time to bond together with them ever since we grown up and had our own work to do, so probably that is the only time where we got the chance to do something together.

better to spend time with our parents and can teach them about the latest phone features like how to use them as they are keen to learn too.

34 minutes ago, qqbeh said:

can try to see see from online also, not necessarily must buy from physical shops, why dont you try to look at this link, got quite a lot of cookies for sale here.

https://my.carousell.com/search/products/?query=cookies&collection_id=1253&ref_querySource=ss_dropdown&ref_suggestionSource=type_suggest

Wow I duno that people also can sell cookies through online now, I know some people do it on Facebook but never know there are online shopping platform that are able to do so too.

1 hour ago, qqbeh said:

need to see where you buy the ingredients also, always do a bit of research on your own before deciding on which one to buy. sometimes buying the most expensive ones =/= the best one also, maybe not suit the cookies that you are trying to make. 

Correct, and always survey the price first and not just buy directly the moment you saw the ingredients that you want. Usually I will try to look online for the average price and compare with the price at shops. Sometimes online even after adding shipping fees it is still cheaper than buying from shops.

9 hours ago, mikke87 said:

better to spend time with our parents and can teach them about the latest phone features like how to use them as they are keen to learn too.

My parents also ask me to teach them how to do online shopping since they saw many young people are very into it nowadays, I just recommend them to use Carousell which is a very easy platform to navigate as all the items are separated into different categories such as hobbies and games or electronics, can slowly browse through the category that you are interested with.

1 hour ago, mikke87 said:

Wow I duno that people also can sell cookies through online now, I know some people do it on Facebook but never know there are online shopping platform that are able to do so too.

better to use online selling platform such as Carousell as people would be more confident with your product, FB anyone with an account can post anything they like, and since FB dont need much personal detail verification when making account there are a lot of scammers around there

1 hour ago, titipoh said:

Correct, and always survey the price first and not just buy directly the moment you saw the ingredients that you want. Usually I will try to look online for the average price and compare with the price at shops. Sometimes online even after adding shipping fees it is still cheaper than buying from shops.

online you still can negotiate with the seller since it is their own item that they are selling, while at shop they are just workers who have no control over the selling price, so everything is fixed, either you buy it or you leave it

8 hours ago, titipoh said:

My parents also ask me to teach them how to do online shopping since they saw many young people are very into it nowadays, I just recommend them to use Carousell which is a very easy platform to navigate as all the items are separated into different categories such as hobbies and games or electronics, can slowly browse through the category that you are interested with.

Hmm I guess you are right, probably I would teach my own parents about online shopping also during my free time..... 

6 hours ago, qqbeh said:

better to use online selling platform such as Carousell as people would be more confident with your product, FB anyone with an account can post anything they like, and since FB dont need much personal detail verification when making account there are a lot of scammers around there

Make sense, sometimes they even just steal the pictures from google and claim the products to be their own, and further more if anything happened on facebook such as scamming it is very hard to resolve the incident in a proper way.

7 hours ago, qqbeh said:

If you sell on there can just directly linked your items on facebook so whenever you post something it will automatically post on socmed and save the hassle to re-post elsewhere

1 hour ago, mikke87 said:

Hmm I guess you are right, probably I would teach my own parents about online shopping also during my free time..... 

you can teach how to sell also after learning how to buy online, they may have something valuable that could be sold for quite some money if they want to and it helps to generate some extra income for the household while also clearing the house space of things that we dont use anymore.