Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meesuhaimee

Biskut raya for mother-in-law

35 posts in this topic

Hai mommies,

Any one can share their fav biskut raya that I can just buy or maybe order if they still open for it... I've bought 2 jars of it, the taste is so-so...

I am looking for another 4 types that tastes good so that I can bring back some to my mother in law 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of raya biscuit are you looking for? My personal favourite is those with cornflakes such as those with honey or chocolate ones, usually can sapu whole jar by myself if not much people eat during raya hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nestum and pandan cookies are the best in my opinion, especially those that are made by my grandmother. That is one of the things that I look forward to everytime balik kampung for raya, taste much better than those that are sold outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, titipoh said:

What kind of raya biscuit are you looking for? My personal favourite is those with cornflakes such as those with honey or chocolate ones, usually can sapu whole jar by myself if not much people eat during raya hahaha.

Do you usually buy the cookies from sellers outside or prefer to bake it by yourself? Last time when I was living with my parents I tend to help them out with baking raya cookies but ever since I moved out I dont really have the time to do it anymore hmm..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, qqbeh said:

Do you usually buy the cookies from sellers outside or prefer to bake it by yourself? Last time when I was living with my parents I tend to help them out with baking raya cookies but ever since I moved out I dont really have the time to do it anymore hmm..

My family dont really have the habit of baking cookies ourselves so everytime raya we would just buy it from our relatives who would bake them and sell, the price is much cheaper compared to those at shops and also comes in larger amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 11:05 AM, meesuhaimee said:

Hai mommies,

Any one can share their fav biskut raya that I can just buy or maybe order if they still open for it... I've bought 2 jars of it, the taste is so-so...

I am looking for another 4 types that tastes good so that I can bring back some to my mother in law 

i love chocolate almond cookies, pineapple tart and also blueberry cookies. you may have a try on these cookies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titipoh said:

What kind of raya biscuit are you looking for? My personal favourite is those with cornflakes such as those with honey or chocolate ones, usually can sapu whole jar by myself if not much people eat during raya hahaha.

i prefer the one with honey:D last time i tried to make it myself and get a very good feedback from my family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, qqbeh said:

Nestum and pandan cookies are the best in my opinion, especially those that are made by my grandmother. That is one of the things that I look forward to everytime balik kampung for raya, taste much better than those that are sold outside.

homemade cookies are the best! i love baking cookies with my sister before festivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, titipoh said:

My family dont really have the habit of baking cookies ourselves so everytime raya we would just buy it from our relatives who would bake them and sell, the price is much cheaper compared to those at shops and also comes in larger amount.

some types of cookies can be done in short time, but some required few hours to finish it. last time my family used to spend lots of time doing cookies together but now everyone is so busy and we can only buy cookies for raya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, qqbeh said:

Nestum and pandan cookies are the best in my opinion, especially those that are made by my grandmother. That is one of the things that I look forward to everytime balik kampung for raya, taste much better than those that are sold outside.

baking cookies very tiring so i would rather just buy it for raya, many choices in market nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, ice87age said:

homemade cookies are the best! i love baking cookies with my sister before festivals

now the ingredients for baking are quite expensive, make some for family is ok but if make in large amount will be very costly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, liumandy61 said:

some types of cookies can be done in short time, but some required few hours to finish it. last time my family used to spend lots of time doing cookies together but now everyone is so busy and we can only buy cookies for raya

like the cornflakes is quite fast, simple steps only. if you make it with family it will be very fast. last time i uses just around two hours to make one big tupperware of the honey cornflakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lancang59 said:

baking cookies very tiring so i would rather just buy it for raya, many choices in market nowadays

quite tiring but i enjoy the time spend with my family while baking. i bought some cookies too as gift when visit others house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, liumandy61 said:

some types of cookies can be done in short time, but some required few hours to finish it. last time my family used to spend lots of time doing cookies together but now everyone is so busy and we can only buy cookies for raya

need to spend few hours there and not much cookies you can make, just buy it from market can save lots of time and also money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ice87age said:

like the cornflakes is quite fast, simple steps only. if you make it with family it will be very fast. last time i uses just around two hours to make one big tupperware of the honey cornflakes

how many kg of cornflakes you use? in market they sell around rm 15 for a round container, but i feel like its quite small container

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lancang59 said:

need to spend few hours there and not much cookies you can make, just buy it from market can save lots of time and also money

some said that homemade cookies are cheaper so many ppl choose to bake at home, but i think maybe depends on the type of cookies you wan to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, liumandy61 said:

now the ingredients for baking are quite expensive, make some for family is ok but if make in large amount will be very costly 

where you bought ur ingredients? buy it during the shop or supermarket having discounts sales so that can save more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 10:13 PM, ice87age said:

where you bought ur ingredients? buy it during the shop or supermarket having discounts sales so that can save more

i just bought it in baking house, since there have almost everything i need for baking, easier for me to buy all at one time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, liumandy61 said:

how many kg of cornflakes you use? in market they sell around rm 15 for a round container, but i feel like its quite small container

i use 2kg of cornflakes with 1kg of rice bubbles to make it looks nicer. tats the market price i think, but not sure the cookies nice anot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, liumandy61 said:

i just bought it in baking house, since there have almost everything i need for baking, easier for me to buy all at one time

but normally the baking house selling those ingredients in higher price compare to supermarket and they seldom have discount, while supermarket having more sales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 10:23 PM, liumandy61 said:

now the ingredients for baking are quite expensive, make some for family is ok but if make in large amount will be very costly 

No matter how it is still cheaper compared to buying the cookies that are already baked directly from bakery or supermarket tho, just that you need to have the time and the required skills to bake it by yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 10:30 PM, lancang59 said:

baking cookies very tiring so i would rather just buy it for raya, many choices in market nowadays

The cookies amount per container sold at the supermarket is getting lesser every year, and the price remained the same or sometimes even getting more expensive due to inflation, better if we can bake it on our own to save cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, ice87age said:

quite tiring but i enjoy the time spend with my family while baking. i bought some cookies too as gift when visit others house

I think that is the main point of baking together with your family, we dont usually have the time to bond together with them ever since we grown up and had our own work to do, so probably that is the only time where we got the chance to do something together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 10:23 PM, liumandy61 said:

now the ingredients for baking are quite expensive, make some for family is ok but if make in large amount will be very costly 

need to see where you buy the ingredients also, always do a bit of research on your own before deciding on which one to buy. sometimes buying the most expensive ones =/= the best one also, maybe not suit the cookies that you are trying to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mikke87 said:

No matter how it is still cheaper compared to buying the cookies that are already baked directly from bakery or supermarket tho, just that you need to have the time and the required skills to bake it by yourself. 

can try to see see from online also, not necessarily must buy from physical shops, why dont you try to look at this link, got quite a lot of cookies for sale here.

https://my.carousell.com/search/products/?query=cookies&collection_id=1253&ref_querySource=ss_dropdown&ref_suggestionSource=type_suggest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0