Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peanutjem

Letting go of my daughter's art

38 posts in this topic

Hai, 

My girl, Sarah is a wonderful 7 years old. She was diagnosed with autism when she was about to turn 3. From then, we have constantly provide her care and several therapy that she enjoys. One of it is arts and crafts. We have kept her arts that it occupied one whole bed room and I think its time to let go some of it.. 

I would be lovely if I can contact any organizations or platforms that would appreciate my girl’s art as much as I do…   

i think you can try to ask in social media like FB, maybe some of your friends will be interested in the arts

23 hours ago, oetv said:

maybe you can take it to charity event, sell and donate the money 

nice idea. nowadays many charity event have crafts bidding and then donate

23 hours ago, whitemeow said:

i think you can try to ask in social media like FB, maybe some of your friends will be interested in the arts

this method is easier, social media can attract more attentions

or you sell the crafts on carousell... they have a whole category and section of crafts and handmade goods..

and it is easy to register there. 

You should give Carousell a try to sell the handcrafts that she had made, people all around Malaysia had also been selling their own handmade crafts and items on the platform and so far had been making quite a decent profit. 

On 3/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, whitemeow said:

Social media is okay but I prefer you can sell it on online market platform such as Carousell as you can reach more people there, can also directly share the links of your selling on Carousell to FB or Whatsapp for interested parties.

10 hours ago, SusanChong007 said:

or you sell the crafts on carousell... they have a whole category and section of crafts and handmade goods..

and it is easy to register there. 

well selling in online platform is a great idea too. how easy it is? no need to pay for it?

27 minutes ago, morningbird said:

Social media is okay but I prefer you can sell it on online market platform such as Carousell as you can reach more people there, can also directly share the links of your selling on Carousell to FB or Whatsapp for interested parties.

nowadays almost all online platform allow seller to direct share the link to social media, fast and easy

32 minutes ago, morningbird said:

u know sometimes just lazy to list out the description one by one, take quite long time to list ur things in online platform

17 hours ago, morningbird said:

Is Carousell getting lots of traffic daily? Im also interested in selling things... 

13 hours ago, morningbird said:

Yeah this is one way to promote your sellings on Carousell, furthermore for your information there are also selling groups inside of Carousell and you can share it to relevant group where people would be interested in your items.

13 hours ago, oetv said:

well selling in online platform is a great idea too. how easy it is? no need to pay for it?

Not sure about other platforms but for Carousell there are really no fees being charged when you are selling your items, can just pick up whatever that you wanna sell and put it all on Carousell FOC. Just take a look here:

https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000979708-Are-there-any-fees-involved-

7 hours ago, blueseason32 said:

Is Carousell getting lots of traffic daily? Im also interested in selling things..

Yup... My experience selling there, average I put 2 days and the item is sold. You should give it a try... Id recommend using their app.. Just take picture, put in the details like size, condition etc and can already upload there.  

10 hours ago, ladycaca75 said:

Not sure about other platforms but for Carousell there are really no fees being charged when you are selling your items, can just pick up whatever that you wanna sell and put it all on Carousell FOC. Just take a look here:

https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000979708-Are-there-any-fees-involved-

so means that i can just register and start selling? maybe just sell few unused item also can?

Yup... My experience selling there, average I put 2 days and the item is sold. You should give it a try... Id recommend using their app.. Just take picture, put in the details like size, condition etc and can already upload there.  

omg the selling speed is superb! so far what have you sold?

Yeah this is one way to promote your sellings on Carousell, furthermore for your information there are also selling groups inside of Carousell and you can share it to relevant group where people would be interested in your items.

owh this is great too! i can join any groups that i interested so that i can get first hand information

On 3/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, ladycaca75 said:

what types of group it is? is that a group for buyer who are looking for specific item? what if i wan to find a second hand camera?

On 3/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, morningbird said:

do we need to provide phone number for buyer? im worry about facing scammers in online platform

On 3/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, supermariojj said:

nowadays almost all online platform allow seller to direct share the link to social media, fast and easy

i think its because too many ppl buy and sell in online platform, so they make feature like this to attract more customers

On 3/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, oetv said:

so means that i can just register and start selling? maybe just sell few unused item also can?

Yup, just register an account and you can start to sell immediately without any hassle, recommend you to download their mobile app also just to make it more convenient for you to manage your online sellings where you can browse everything no matter where you go.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:52 PM, supermariojj said:

owh this is great too! i can join any groups that i interested so that i can get first hand information

Yes, just join any group which you are interested in such as for sneaker lovers you can join the Adidas or Nike group or for people who are interested in computer hardware there are also specific groups for that, can look at all the items that people are selling for a cheap price.