Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuliperfancy

Homecare for the slow learner?

35 posts in this topic

I have a slow learner cousin. She is 8yo.

I was told by my aunt to take care of her last week for a few days (Only about 8 hours per day).
I thought it is simple. Basically just keep an eye on her. That all.

However, I face difficulty to get along with her for that 8 hours. I really don't know what I had done to her.. she ends up even more depressed with me.

Just wondering does there has any professional caregiver can go house to house to take care of her?

22 minutes ago, meesuhaimee said:

be patient. i think u need to find creative ways to attract her and make her feel comfortable with you.

if you are looking for caregiver you can find here https://www.caregiverasia.com/?locale=en-MY

But its not that easy you know, you know how kids are like super active and they can't sit down and focus doing that thing for like 5 minutes. If she's not depressed then I'm the one depressed. It's either me or her. Caregiver asia? Never heard of it before. Is it good? reliable?

Cousin works as a caregiver at that platform. He says that its really convenient to work as a freelancer caregiver since the time is flexible and the price he offered also seems affordable since he's always on the go. Plus people can even contact him online. Super easy nowadays

On 11/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, meesuhaimee said:

be patient. i think u need to find creative ways to attract her and make her feel comfortable with you.

if you are looking for caregiver you can find here https://www.caregiverasia.com/?locale=en-MY

This.

I have experience using caregiver service before. The caregiver really knows how to take care of children  and she really good communicate with them. Can see improvement on how my son talks to people

On 11/7/2018 at 11:05 AM, tuliperfancy said:

I was told by my aunt to take care of her last week for a few days (Only about 8 hours per day).

However, I face difficulty to get along with her for that 8 hours. I really don't know what I had done to her.. she ends up even more depressed with me.

Just wondering does there has any professional caregiver can go house to house to take care of her?

It takes time for kids to get use when other people beside their family member to take care of em. It requires some skill to make them comfortable with you. Caregiver usually knows how to deal with that situation since they already used in taking care of different kind of children 

8 minutes ago, cassieforever said:

This.

I have experience using caregiver service before. The caregiver really knows how to take care of children  and she really good communicate with them. Can see improvement on how my son talks to people

They really experience in handling children. If it were me, i think i wouldnt worry at all in leaving my kids in a caretaker from caregiverasia. They are such reliable.

2 minutes ago, cheelong81 said:

They really experience in handling children. If it were me, i think i wouldnt worry at all in leaving my kids in a caretaker from caregiverasia. They are such reliable.

I know right.. At first i did not really expect such service before. It was kinda skeptical at first since their price rate quiet affordable. But couple days after i notice that my son really comfortable with her. Then i really can see how professional she was

1 minute ago, cassieforever said:

I know right.. At first i did not really expect such service before. It was kinda skeptical at first since their price rate quiet affordable. But couple days after i notice that my son really comfortable with her. Then i really can see how professional she was

Speaking about the price rate, i much agree with you. Really affordable. Plus, its quite convenience as well since the time of service are totally up to the careseeker and easy book through online.

52 minutes ago, cheelong81 said:

Speaking about the price rate, i much agree with you. Really affordable. Plus, its quite convenience as well since the time of service are totally up to the careseeker and easy book through online.

yaa they also provide info about possible sitters, including specific experience such as if having worked with special-needs children

1 hour ago, cheelong81 said:

It takes time for kids to get use when other people beside their family member to take care of em. It requires some skill to make them comfortable with you. Caregiver usually knows how to deal with that situation since they already used in taking care of different kind of children 

True, based on what i saw on the site, I guess it's crucial to know who are you hiring to take care of your love ones. Thanks to the "personal-details" tab. Its really convenient

29 minutes ago, meesuhaimee said:

yaa they also provide info about possible sitters, including specific experience such as if having worked with special-needs children

This is actually what i was looking for, most of them either have educational background or experienced or both which is more than I expected than a door-2-door service especially in malaysia

What do you mean by slow learner? Is she considered special needs or autistic like that? If thats the case you might need professionals to take care of her. Normal sitters might have trouble handling and managing special cases like this

22 minutes ago, dreschan said:

What do you mean by slow learner? Is she considered special needs or autistic like that? If thats the case you might need professionals to take care of her. Normal sitters might have trouble handling and managing special cases like this

Why normal sitter isnt suitable for special kids? Maybe if they have some patience it should be fine?

On 11/7/2018 at 11:05 AM, tuliperfancy said:

Whenever I am asked to care of the kids of my relatives, I will just bring along a cheap tablet installed with all sort of minigames like Angry Bird, Plant vs Zombies and such, just throw it to them and they will be fine for the next few hours hahaha.

2 hours ago, honeylicious said:

Why normal sitter isnt suitable for special kids? Maybe if they have some patience it should be fine?

Well I guess because normal babysitters only got experiences dealing with normal kids, and since special children they need different kind of treatment and attention so probably not suitable for them.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, cheelong81 said:

Hmm, sometimes I do feel that hiring someone else to take care of your children for you might probably end up making your relationship between you and your children became further, just my own opinion only lah and I'm not even married so can no need to mind me so much xD

20 minutes ago, batkoo88 said:

Whenever I am asked to care of the kids of my relatives, I will just bring along a cheap tablet installed with all sort of minigames like Angry Bird, Plant vs Zombies and such, just throw it to them and they will be fine for the next few hours hahaha.

Aiya I know right, nowadays children small small age already wearing glasses, their childhood really different from us last time, I dont think they even watch cartoon on TV now, everyday also playing with their mommy's Ipad.

These kids needs special attention to them. They cant be left alone on their own, the caretakers need to keep calm when the children is extra energetic and all. Professionals would be more suitable for them rather than normal sitters

yeah I have a nephew with special need as well and taking care of him isnt easy. Sure you need patience and everything but professionals would know what to do in some situations that require skill and knowledge to handle

Exactly. If you are a stay at home parents you'll learn eventually how to deal with them but if you are new to this you might want some professional help. Hiring professional caretakers is a good start

You have a point there. So do you have any contacts for professional caretakers? Just from the sound of professional seems like they are expensive and hard to find haha

They already mentioned in this thread. Caregiverasia provide a very good service for this. You can look at the prices for each caregivers accordingly. They differ based on their expertise and quality i guess. But thats a good place to start if you wanna find one

6 hours ago, ice87age said:

yeah I have a nephew with special need as well and taking care of him isnt easy. Sure you need patience and everything but professionals would know what to do in some situations that require skill and knowledge to handle

Last time my aunty was quite worry because her son was diagnosed with autism, luckily she was recommended by her friends to give Caregiverasia a try and managed to find a caretaker who knew how to take care of children with autism, she even taugh my aunty some of the ways to deal with such special children and right now she dont worry that much already.