Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
titipoh

Smelly paint smell

65 posts in this topic

Recently me and my wife just moved into our new house and we decided to paint our house with the colours that we like, which was a huge mistake on our part as we had not anticipated that the smell of the paint would be so strong. It just feel so hard to breath in the house and not sure how long we need to wait for the smell to spread away.

Lol what kind of paint are you using? Usually this kind of things only gonna stay around for like a few hours then after that should be no problem already.

Just now, qqbeh said:

Lol what kind of paint are you using? Usually this kind of things only gonna stay around for like a few hours then after that should be no problem already.

The common paint that most of the people nowadays are using, the one that starts with N. Yeah I also thought that the smell will be gone after awhile but who knows its already the third day since then but still...

Just now, titipoh said:

The common paint that most of the people nowadays are using, the one that starts with N. Yeah I also thought that the smell will be gone after awhile but who knows its already the third day since then but still...

Hmm Im not so sure about it tho, there shouldn't be any problem with the paint as I also used it before to paint my whole house from ground to first floor, did you open all your doors and windows while you were painting?

Erm since you said that it is a new house right so maybe you should had just get it painted before you guys moved in, then you dont have to be bothered with the smell of the paint. Personally I dont really care about the smell, maybe because I had an air purifier installed in my house :P

2 minutes ago, qqbeh said:

Hmm Im not so sure about it tho, there shouldn't be any problem with the paint as I also used it before to paint my whole house from ground to first floor, did you open all your doors and windows while you were painting?

Yes I did opened all the doors and windows while painting to let the smell out, but duno why ah the smell just wont gone completely. Quite a nuisance for me as I really cant bear the smell especially when im eating urgh. 

5 minutes ago, mikke87 said:

Erm since you said that it is a new house right so maybe you should had just get it painted before you guys moved in, then you dont have to be bothered with the smell of the paint. Personally I dont really care about the smell, maybe because I had an air purifier installed in my house :P

Any particular reasons for you to get an air purifier? Because at least among my friends I dont think I had heard anyone who had one in their house, if aircond then almost everyone have one lah...

Just now, qqbeh said:

Any particular reasons for you to get an air purifier? Because at least among my friends I dont think I had heard anyone who had one in their house, if aircond then almost everyone have one lah...

Well the main reason is because the place im living at is very dusty as everyday there will be quite a lots of lorries passing through the main road near to my house, so you can imagine with all the sands around the air is very polluted to breath in. 

18 hours ago, mikke87 said:

Well the main reason is because the place im living at is very dusty as everyday there will be quite a lots of lorries passing through the main road near to my house, so you can imagine with all the sands around the air is very polluted to breath in. 

Ya agree. Air nowadays is very polluted as it may consist of  dust mites, pollen and bacteria. By having a air purifier, you can keep you and your loved ones safe from haze, bacteria and viruses.

Are u wanna to buy a air purifier? I recommend u to buy an air purifier that has a lot of features.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, sasatan said:

Are u wanna to buy a air purifier? I recommend u to buy an air purifier that has a lot of features.

My home also install the air purifier too. The air purifier not bad, it makes the home smell fresh air.

On 8/15/2018 at 0:18 PM, supermariojj said:

My home also install the air purifier too. The air purifier not bad, it makes the home smell fresh air.

Wow! This air purifier looks good! Where can I buy this air purifier?

On 8/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, sasatan said:

Are u wanna to buy a air purifier? I recommend u to buy COWAY air purifier because now i using it have a lot of features.

yes, go and buy a air purifier, if ur house got pet Coway air purifier have a features can use to clean the fur

8 minutes ago, ahgiat said:

yes, go and buy a air purifier, if ur house got pet also can use to clean their fur

Which brand are you recommend except coway?Because I want to do comparison before buy the air purifier.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:58 PM, anna_tan89 said:

Which brand are you recommend except coway?Because I want to do comparison before buy the air purifier.

i still recommend you choose Coway..

If you really need do comparison pls dont use cuckoo

because it's the worst air purifier among the other brands

On 8/15/2018 at 11:03 PM, ahgiat said:

i still recommend you choose Coway..

If you really need do comparison pls dont use cuckoo

because it's the worst air purifier among the other brands

huhhhh?why?Cuckoo also from Korea right?why u said this is the worst product?

Just now, anna_tan89 said:

huhhhh?why?Cuckoo also from Korea right?why u said this is the worst product?

From Korea, so what?

Honestly, I used their thing before

But I'm so disappointed w/ their product quality and service!

And their products also quite expensive, not worth to buy

3 minutes ago, ahgiat said:

From Korea, so what?

Honestly, I used their thing before

But I'm so disappointed w/ their product quality and service!

And their products also quite expensive, not worth to buy

i thought korea things must be high quality mahh hahaha,but how bad of their product & service?

4 minutes ago, anna_tan89 said:

i thought korea things must be high quality mahh hahaha,but how bad of their product & service?

I used their water purifier

before my dad buy their product, they promise will service the filter every 4 mths

but after that, they never come to our house

the filter become dirty and we cannot tahan so my dad called them come

if not, I think they'll totally forget the promise already!

7 minutes ago, ahgiat said:

before my dad buy their product, they promise will service the filter every 4 mths

lol they are cheating to customers,how can they promise to ppl if cannot do it?Luckily I x buy this brand...

On 8/15/2018 at 8:24 AM, ahgiat said:

You should install COWAY purifier. Their staffs are very punctual and will be on time for service the purifier every two months. You not need to call them for service at all.

On 8/15/2018 at 0:30 PM, stellachew90 said:

Wow! This air purifier looks good! Where can I buy this air purifier?

Yes, COWAY product is really good compared to other brands. you can go their official website get the information.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:03 PM, ahgiat said:

panasonic,sharp,sincero,cuckoo...

but pls dont use cuckoo

it's the worst air purifier among these brands

As I know, CUCKOO is more expert in kitchen appliances like rice cooker, multi-cooker and so on. Their air purifier i never use before.

21 hours ago, anna_tan89 said:

lol they are cheating to customers,how can they promise to ppl if cannot do it?Luckily I x buy this brand...

Ya... luckily u didn't buy Cuckoo... Unfortunately I am the unlucky one... wan cancel but Cuckoo inform me 100% cancellation!!  fee...