Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donnieclark

5 month old night sleep problems

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have a 5 month old baby girl that has bedtime anywhere between 7 and 8 pm. We prep her by giving her warm baths, dimming the lights, massaging her little body with night time lotion and turning on her mobile. After she is ready, i rock her a bit in her room while feeding her a bottle. Once i see that she is dozing off, after about 5 minutes or so, i put her in her crib and she stays there. 

Here comes the issue we are facing...She will stay asleep till somewhere around 12 (almost always, right on the dot) and she wakes up. So i go in her room and put her pacifier in, that calms her down and she goes back to sleep. Lately though, she has been waking up EVERY SINGLE HOUR OF THE NIGHT. I have kept track of this for the past week, she gets up at 1, 2, 3, 4 5, 6 and by 7 (on the weekends) she doesnt want to go back to bed. 

Ive tried different things such as feeding her a little bit more to keep her full during the night, extending her bedtime from 8-9, playing with her more to get her tired, going for walks around the neighborhood, and so on. NOTHING WORKS. We have even put her back in her swaddle blanket so that she doesnt roll over?

Any idea?

Please help.
Thanks!
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:http://www.momforum.com/showthread.php/17619-5-month-old-night-sleep-problems

Web Explainer Video