Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jansey

budget planner

11 posts in this topic

this is really useful to sketch out a budget planner.. using a notebook / diary / computer MS Excel / etc.

so as u jote down your daily spendings, u can pin-point out clearly n directly where can u save n less spend time on. (e.g. less movie outtings, less big expensive meals to McD, etc.)

hhmmmm... does this really works? mayb one should hv the mentallity of "saving for the raining day" & "spend on what u need, not on what u want". when we think such a way, jotting down everything is really not that necessary. juz my 2 cents.

hhmmmm... does this really works? mayb one should hv the mentallity of "saving for the raining day" & "spend on what u need, not on what u want". when we think such a way, jotting down everything is really not that necessary. juz my 2 cents.

yes, u nid to hv the mentality as well.

but penning ur expenses mean u know exactly where u can save!

eg. at the end of a week, u review back on ur daily expenses, n realises u spent more on meals, thus, u can make ur own lunch box or skip supper totally - to cut costs.

i doubt it will work. at least it doesn't work for my hubby. he used to do this years back but give up after a short while. waste of effort of jotting down he said. at the end of the day, he's still spending the same anyway <_< . might as well save the ink, paper, the strength to write & stop destroying the brain cell.

yeah hav tried to jot down the daily expenses but still ended up spending too much...

guess it's all related our upbringing be in at home or school. i was brought up in a very poor family. my parents struggled to put food onto the table when i was young. never hv any pocket money when schooling. definitely no shopping happening as well. we can't even afford a car fyi. after school is back home. so when i was in the workforce since & able to earn my own living, i still don't hv the habit of shopping much. only go for those needed. ppl would labeled ppl like us as stingy but it never bother me much since at the end of the day, money saved helps me a lot in properties & such (house, car, holidays, good food, etc). so to me, so what if one is wearing branded polo ralph lauren plus an LV & the child is wearing osh gosh? probably is juz an empty shell that we r seeing. on closed door, they might be struggling to live. i've seen too many such friends of mine.

NOTE : Not trying to say that I AM RICH, rather, is to point out why $$ is always not enuf for some.

so stress now..everything is getting more expensive now...and now the price of petrol also increase..blink.gif will have to start walking instead of driving (good and bad i guess)..now need to source for freebies to subsidy expenses..i heard from the radio that petronas is having a contest..top prize is RM 100k for 3 person...don't mind having that lol...just pump rm 30 to get 1 entry hehe....shared with u all here to find out more about the contest..

http://www.facebook.com/petronasbrands?v=app_4949752878

please share with me what other ways to save as well...thanks

so stress now..everything is getting more expensive now...and now the price of petrol also increase..blink.gif will have to start walking instead of driving (good and bad i guess)..now need to source for freebies to subsidy expenses..i heard from the radio that petronas is having a contest..top prize is RM 100k for 3 person...don't mind having that lol...just pump rm 30 to get 1 entry hehe....shared with u all here to find out more about the contest..

http://www.facebook....=app_4949752878

well for me i always apply for the discount card like bonuslink, jusco card, mesra card from petronas coz they always give extra points etc lol..like recently petronas award their member give having weekly activites for the member to win lol...

http://www.facebook....=app_4949752878

well for me i always apply for the discount card like bonuslink, jusco card, mesra card from petronas coz they always give extra points etc lol..like recently petronas award their member give having weekly activites for the member to win lol...

agreed..with new additional comer in the family, i really have to plan ahead of my spending!!!!....call me kiasu or kedekut but i am the proud owner of mesra card and citibank cash back card!!! i used the cards to redeem products from kedai mesra and citibank to pay my bills coz i can get back rm 60 hehe..u check the it yourself la....

http://www.mymesra.com.my/index.php?ch=loyalty&pg=loyalty_about&ac=1771

http://www.citibank.com.my/english/credit-cards/cash-back-platinum.htm

It is very important to make a previous planning for your budget otherwise it will imbalances the ratio of your savings and expenses.Proper Budget helps to save more money as we can spend money in limit.If we cannot prepare budget our expenses increases and this will create problems in future.Money should be saved so that we cannot face some minor problems in future.

Saving is believing-----i notice it on a Hongkong-based online shopping store :rolleyes: