renelle95

How to improve milk supply

14 posts in this topic

Dear all...

Last week i was having fever + sore throat... been taking med for 3 days ..and when i was back to work.. it seems like my milk supply has drop abit.. about 1 oz for each pumping... any idea how to increase the supply?... i had been trying to pump more frequently .. it did help abit... but it was quite tiring as well.. coz instead of 3x now i have to pump 4x.. wondering if the supply will resume back later? or i just have to continue doing this? any suggestion to improve it?

I read that when you breastfeed ur baby it will send signals to ur brain telling it to produce more milk.

try spirulina. heard it can increase milk production as well. I even give it to my baby...mix it in his milk :) Here's an info bout spirulina replaces human milk i found on the net. hope u find it informative :)

Spirulina Replaces Human Milk

Due to the rich concentration of Gamma Linolenic Acid in Spirulina, Mexicans now utilise Spirulina to replenish the inadequate nutrients supplied or even replace the human milk with Spirulina.

The Gamma Linolenic Acid of Spirulina is 3 times higher than that in Evening Primrose Oil.

Function:-

Helps to prevent the problem of sensitive dermatitis in children

Moderates blood pressure (to normalize the blood pressure)

Prevents asthma

Prevents tumor growth

Prevents clotting in blood vessels

Slows down the process of ageing

Agree on what vivacious says.. It is advisable to directly breastfeed your baby instead of pumping.. Read in many books and article that it sends signal to ur body to produce more milk..

Initially when i do not have a steady milk supply, i would boil Papaya with either chicken or pork and drink the soup. It is more effective than eating papayas that are not boiled. Do try it out and see if it helps you increase ur milk supply again.. :D

Dear all...

frequent stimulation from your baby, feed on demand and be relax. do not give your baby any substitute if he/she is less than 6 months old even water. Do contact me at drfazidah@moh.gov.my

I had difficulty in breastfeeding. the milk could not come out and it's clogged up. after a while my breast become swollen and it's extremely pain. My doctor gave me some pil to reduce the swelling and i need to pump out those breastmilk to release the swelling. It's a nightmare for me. I still can feel the pain though i've recovered from that. so mothers, appreciate if you have enough milk supply..

Engorgement, over supply or undersupply are common problems to breastfeedin. but these are not major issues. If we put our hearts to provide THEBEST for our kids, nothing can stop us right??

I personally had problems with oversupply and occasional plugged ducts but those resolved within 1 or 2 days ... after I learnt about how to deal with them then I no more afraid...

I had trouble with milk supply too. I was so afraid that my baby was undernourished that I feed her 1 oz of milk formulae every 6 hours. Other times, I breast feed. My in-laws got me Metolon which also helped in milk production. My gynae said that the medicine is safe and will help in producing more milk. However, please get professional advise before taking Metolon.

Yes, green papaya boiled with chinese herbs to make soup helped too. And let the baby suckle on your breast even if you dont have milk.

Now, I dont have an overflowing supply of breast milk yet but it has increased from one week ago since I started on the medicine and the soup. Good luck to all mothers who have problems with the milk supply. Jia You!! :lol:

U got to be very motivated, sokongan moral yang kukuh dr ahli keluarga dan masyarakat, frequent feeding, perah susu in between feeding, minimise subtitute to your baby, good nutrition for yourself dan guna supplementor.

1. Make sure baby correctly positioned and attached well.Perah susu sekerap mungkin dan beri anak guna cawan. Your breast need the stimulation of breast removal to make more milk. The more she removes from the breast, the more u will make. Correct attachment and sucking technique. Make sure that your baby 's mouth covers the whole areola (tompok hitam) Feed her/him before meal, bila dia tgh lapar. Try to avoid using bottle. There was 1 case where by the lady gave her baby breastmilk for a complete two years to her baby by expressing the milk only. Need a lot of courage and support.

2.Always cuddle your baby. Offer the breast as comforter. Before u put your baby on the breast, make sure that u massage your breast to stimulate the let down reflex. Try to get help from husband to do massage on your back, and shoulder to stimulate the breastmilk production.

3. Do not stress up your self. stress has been shown to affect the let down reflex.. This is thought that adrenaline restricts size of blood vessels carrying oxytocin the breast.

Oral contraceptive pills, estrogen based has to be avoided, causing low supply.

Yes, green papaya boiled with chinese herbs to make soup helped too. And let the baby suckle on your breast even if you dont have milk.

One of my pregnant friend also recommends to me green papaya soup. She said the effect is satisfactory.. So mama can try it on, wish it works to you too.. :rolleyes:

Try Motherlove's breastfeeding supplements. It is rated the best nursing supplements in the States. I personally tried it and it helps to increase my supply whenever I feel that my supply is low. I am able to exclusively breastfeed my twins back in 2007 and now my little boy who will be turning 7 months in 2 days.

Check this out at http://lovingavenue.blogspot.com/2009/10/m...s-and-more.html

If you have questions, please email me at sales@lovingavenue.com

Make sure u are resting enough, have a good night sleep and drinking a lot of plain water everyday. Try the maternal milk like Friso mum every morning and night.

Eat healthily, that what most ppl would say. But among those that do wonders for me are alfalfa supplement, maternal milk like Frisomum, drink plenty of plain water, dates and cereals.