Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasleen

Dyslexia

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I have 2 children with Dyslexia. They're very bright and happy and they seem really normal till they pick up a book. So, don't worry if your child is dyslexic, it's ok. You just need to be patient with them and they will overcome their problem in time. It may take years but they will. They're usually quite creative so i suggest you encourage them to pursue their creative side. It can be very trying as they may not do very well in school but pushing them won't help either. Patience is the key !

My son was dyslexic but I was not aware of it until after his studying years. Forturnately I gave him personal coaching and had to always monitor his work. To my surprise he did well in PMR and SPM. In his growing years he was always good in fixing things and always knew how to get something working. Now an adult doing well in automobile industry. Just know it is a struggle for them and pushing won't help. Challenging them little by little. Focus on all their strengths rather then their limitations.

Yes! Totally agree with you! They are just having difficulty in reading and a bit slow in academic. Children should grow according to their own pace instead of chasing the peers achievement. Not to put too much pressure on them, they will recover gradually.