Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XinYan_mum

solid food

9 posts in this topic

Next mth my baby is coming to 6 mths old, plan to start solid food for her. Can I feed her porridge instead of cereal 1st? very excited to wait for the day coming...

Dear Xinyan,

My nephew having brownrice porridge but which is blended together with some vege and tomatoes. every 3-4 days will change some flavours. Sometime will give him some fish but also blended one.

hehe

mymom

Next mth my baby is coming to 6 mths old, plan to start solid food for her. Can I feed her porridge instead of cereal 1st? very excited to wait for the day coming...

My girl didn't want rice cereal nor farly rusk... She is almost 7 month in 2 weeks time but she is still taking very little porridge now... about 2 tablespoon per feed.

for first time feed, go for plain porridge better, then make sure you blend it. after she accept the concept of solid, then only you start adding one kind of new thing into the porridge for 4 days, then only you change to another one. This is to ensure she won't have any allergic reaction to certain food.

My girl didn't want rice cereal nor farly rusk... She is almost 7 month in 2 weeks time but she is still taking very little porridge now... about 2 tablespoon per feed.

for first time feed, go for plain porridge better, then make sure you blend it. after she accept the concept of solid, then only you start adding one kind of new thing into the porridge for 4 days, then only you change to another one. This is to ensure she won't have any allergic reaction to certain food.

mom2naomi,

Thanks a lot, will try then. But I still need to wait for her 6 mths old only can try or can try now to avoid allergic?

mom2naomi,

Thanks a lot, will try then. But I still need to wait for her 6 mths old only can try or can try now to avoid allergic?

you watch your baby lor... see if she's ready for solid. Watch for the sign... like show interest at adult's food, she will start looking for things that fell... all these are signs that she's ready...

Actually, my girl already start to open her mouth when we are eating. So far so good haven't cry for food, will start during her 6 month old.

mom2noami, except BM & porridge, do u give any other food for your girl now? Like fruits...

yes, i gave banana, which she will take about 5 baby spoons. Apple puree... make your own puree. Buang the apple skin, then put in on a pan, add a bit of water, cook until it's soft. You can store in ice cube moulder, then take about 2 cubes each time..

Hi all! We are doing a research on baby food market in Malaysia and requesting for insights. This is part of Executive MBa course in Cambridge Uni in UK.

Appreciate if you can take some time to complete the survey by clicking on the link below? Your input will be kept confidential.

As token of appreciation, after completing the survey, you will get the chance to win a shopping voucher from Parkson worth RM250.

Your Anonymous Survey Link:

https://jbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0Or6bCOH7nJ9jNP

Please take sometime.. Thanks a lot.