Aussiemom

Maternity Clothes

45 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Please share where do you buy the affordable maternity clothes from? Singapore, JB etc.

Also please indicate what type of clothing require during your pregnancy?

Example

1. Where to buy, country?

2. What you need?

i am still @ my early stage now..3+mths now..so, i can still manage to squeeze in most of my top, but bottom lei..cuzz i dont plan to spepnd too much on maternity clothing, so i bought thosse maternity pants fr jusco...very affordable, & quite nice also la....also, i bought a few legging to pair up with my loose top or baby doll dress... i bought a few babydoll dress fr mng la, forever21 la....babudoll dress is the trend now,so wont be that hard to find one that u like..mommy who get pregnant this yr is so 'hang fuk'' lei...dont need to limit urself into maternity clothing only..

but, a fren of me advice me to wear maternity clothing, cuz she sd, want to avoid accident, cuz ppl might not know u r pregnant if u r not in maternity clothing....but, sigh!the only thing i bought fr the dept r pants lo....

I bought most of my maternity clothes at V-Mum and a few pieces from Motherclub. The clothes at V-Mum are quite trendy and affordable. They have maternity evening gowns too. I bought one to wear to my cousin's wedding end of this month. Only RM89.90 after 50% discount. I also bought some really comfortable maternity t-shirts at Jusco to wear at home/sleep. Only RM9.90. Jusco also sells short cropped pants at RM39.90. Really comfortable and cooling cos pregnant moms are heaty all the time. But you have to get them fast cos they're always out of sizes.

i went to Modern Mum and Jusco so far although i'm still in my early pregnancy (curious :P , so went to kaypoh). now most of my pants cant fit anymore. guess i am one of those that "ballooned" fast haha... i dun think i'll hv a problem looking for work/casual clothes. it is the shorts that i wear at home that is giving me problems. i find that the elastic band types are too tight and not comfy, but those normal without elastic bands pulak cant fit for long... dun wanna waste money buying shorts every 2-3 mths.

what do u all preggies wear at home ya? besides shorts? or if u still do wear shorts, where do u buy them? i cant seem to find maternity short pants (those with adjustable elastic band/pouch) made of cotton material. Thanks!

december,

i wore my hb's short! hahaahah.... ya those elastic band can be quite tight..so i wear it super low lo...below the belly....

and also can find some short with string. can expand very big ... can also wear it after u give birth... during my trip to bangkok manage to get one of the pants... very cheap rm9.90 onli.... no elastic band ... adjustable with string one.... very comfy.... :)

i still can wear my usual casual wear at home....probably, i'm wearing those low waist pants qua....u

stephjuly, my hubby actually asked me to wear his shorts when i complained my shorts cant fit!! :lol: i hv not come across any shorts which has strings yet lo... will try to look around more..

makeupjunk, i have low waist shorts too and i wear them low too but still i guess the size juz cant take my belly anymore lo.. heheheh..

think i'll look around more but a bit scared to go shopping. last sat., was standing in line for 15 mins and i became dizzy and felt like fainting.. scary! :blink: lucky i was ok after i sat down and rest...

thanks for both ur feedback! :)

think i'll look around more but a bit scared to go shopping. last sat., was standing in line for 15 mins and i became dizzy and felt like fainting.. scary! :blink: lucky i was ok after i sat down and rest...

ya...it happened to me before too...scary... everything seems moving.... my advice ... don't go shopping during sales unless someone is accompanying you.

ya.. now dun dare d go alone.. unless it is to go grab something from hypermarket fast fast one la...

my colleague say me very weak.. not enough blood or not enough sugar... that is why faint. but i read in pregnancy books, say it is normal to feel dizzy la...

for the maternity short (that wear at home one), I got mine from Jusco at RM8.00. quite comfortable. then t-shirt.. heehee.. i wear my hubby's until delivery. then for going out, i brought mine mostly in S'pore, from Kiddy Palace & some nice dress from Suntec City (there are a few shops worth shopping around for maternity wear). ^_^

I didnt buy maternity clothes.. except for one top. I wore those babydoll tops and dresses... looks much more nicer lol! ;)

Hihi..

I am new to Malaysia motherhood forum here.. Usually I will visit Singapore Motherhood more often as realise that their web is more attracting and more mummies that liase in the forum... So hard breaking seeing Malaysian Mummy not interested to share their things...

Hehe.. Just to add that I agree vivacious... I never maternity clothes also... I only wear babydoll tops and it is more fashionable and you know what it is much cheaper as well.... Just to check if any mummy know where to get nice and budgeted clothes for baby.... I am first time mummy and my son is 8 months old currently.

Freshmama welcome.

Yes.. i think that if u buy meternity clothes its abit of a waste, cuz i only wear them during pregnancy. If u buy babydoll tops and dresses, u can wear them while pregnant and after birth.

agree agree.... dotn buy maternity top, waste ur $$ .... get those babydoll dress/ top... it looks much nicer.

Hi all,

I'm very new here. Just want to say that I agree with not buying "strictly" maternity clothes. My MIL got me a few dresses and I never wore them. I prefer mix and match for variety. I shopped for clothes only during sale, so I did a bit of planning beforehand, e.g. sale in Malaysia happens in March and August. That time my due date was September, so in March I bought some for late pregnancy. If you're working, Miki mom has a nice range. During sale, go look for those that are 50% off. Jusco's clothe's look okay, too, although I haven't tried any because when Jusco arrived in my area, I've already given birth :)

Eearly pregnancy can still wear normal clothing. It's better to have more normal clothing e.g. babydoll tops because you need them AFTER you deliver too (the early months before you regain your pre-natal weight).

agree agree.... dotn buy maternity top, waste ur $$ .... get those babydoll dress/ top... it looks much nicer.

who doesn't know. problem is those are not really suitable for office. my company require formal office wear, not any skirt/top/dress will do. babydoll style is definately out!

Hello.. I'm also new here, would like to share my experience with moms here :rolleyes: During my pregnancy, I used to wear all those fashionable clothes instead of buying maternity clothes. How could this be? As what I found, there are more and more clothes desinged in a way that is loose enough to cover up lady's tummy and thus I bought and wore them instead of maternity clothes. Guess what? Many of my friends were not aware that im pregnant! And i'm still wearing those clothes today as my casual dress and they are still gorgeous! so---smart mother, don't waste your money on maternity clothes!

Agree only some what. Becasue it also depends on the size of our tummy ... I wear my regular jeans until I was 7 months pregnant ... then only switch to maternity. But from 6th month I wear maternity top with my jeans because some of my shirts are not long enough already ... and I dun like to wear tops that are too loose.

ya maybe i like to wear loose shirts.. and i wear my mum's pants with those loose tops during my pregnancy. My mum did help me save a lot here as she is quite plump so that i could wear her pants :rolleyes:

I visit V-Mum at Sg Wag today, But sad no promotion / discount and each dress cost around RM179 ..

So far I've bought normal dress in bigger size .

For those shorts to wear at home, i bought mine from Metrojaya and FOS . The latter has more range of low cut shorts.. I wear them just below the belly :D

jusco does sell maternity short for less than Rm10. during my previous pregnancy i bot maternity clothes from modernmum. mostly during sale period. now that i'm pregnant, i wear them again. i know topshop and dorothy do sell nice maternity clothes.

Dear everybody,

I need to introduce some modern maternity clothes to all modern mum, is all from Taiwan.

I'm sure that you can get a modern clothes with a resonable price.

For more information please visit : http://sweetsweetmum.blogspot.com/

Or e-mail me: sweeheng7@gmail.com

My handphone no: 012-3507576

Thank you!

From,

Ng Swee Heng

aaaa.jpg001131061000_1.jpg003340132100_2.jpg001210161700_4.jpgnnnnnnnn.jpgss.jpg22.jpg1.jpg0301_020_2.jpg003320322300_5.jpg0031100261700_7.jpg