Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stpeiyee

Confinement Lady

38 posts in this topic

I have friends who has been looking for confinement lady. I have friends who claimed they don't need one. I also have friends who totally 'no pantang' and went ahead to do whatever they want to the chagrins of their mums n MILs.

How helpful are confinement ladies? I just know that they help you to take care of your newborn. Don't know what else they do...

I know the CL helps to take care of the baby at night so the mother can sleep. If you're breastfeeding, she will wake up when the baby cries and carry the baby to your bed to be breastfed. If you're bottlefeeding, she'll kau tim everything while you take your much needed rest at night.

CL also cooks for you and your hb. She washes your baby's clothes too. I've seen some CLs who are really nice, even cleans the house.

But I there are a lot of unqualified ones around now cos the money is quite good. About RM2500 - RM2800. Dont know how to cook, lazy and watches tv every day. :( I've engaged a CL and I pray she's not like that.

I've seen 1 CL whom hired by my gf, she was like "queen", instruct my gf do this & tat. me & my other frens tot she is my gf's MIL... :lol: while v chatting with our gf, the CL just enjoy her tea time, eventhough the baby was crying.

according to my gf that her charges was not cheap, more than 3k.. :o

my mom already 'booked' a CL foor me for my confinement....CL supposes to cook for the mom (may be for hb too), washes baby's and mom's clothes, help feed/take care the baby 24/7, some CL need to do house chores too...

Xenia, I've heard lots of horror stories about CLs. My SIL's CL was also like queen. She watched tv all the time and even had the audacity to put her feet up on the coffee table. My PILs came to visit and she didnt put down her feet, just continued watching tv. Very scared also cos I dont want to be dealing with CL problems during confinement. I might go crazy..post natal depression. My aunt's CL even steals. Once my grandma saw the CL drank half of the chicken soup, then poured water in! :o

That's why it's better to get a CL that has been recommended by friends or relatives who have used her during their confinement. Not those recommended by so and so's friend's relatives, etc. Im wary of my CL cos she was recommended by another CL who was already booked on my EDD. This CL said her friend is good..but who knows??

a good CL usually get strong recommendations... peipei, dun worry so much. if she's not doing her job properly, come n busukan her name here!

I also headached for finding the CL now.... i had find 1 CL intro by my good friend's.. she say this CL very good... will teach u how to take care ur healthy &the baby cry for wht.. then take care the baby in nite also... but i'm unlike can't hire her ..:( cos she say she onli do in apartment / condominium onli wor... for double storey she can't do for me.. cos this CL had C-Section before so can't walk so much up and down.... haih!!

I heard they say Seremban many good CL...

Now i still searching for the good CL... If someone need this CL I can intro her to u all... her price is RM2800.00

I am still in my confinement month. My CL is very good in handling baby. so far, she has been taking good care of my baby, and train him to go on a feeding routine, so that when she go back, I won't be having too much trouble on the feeding schedule. now, my baby sleep longer at night and more awake during day time. (she managed to train him in 2 weeks time!!!) baby was well feed, cry less (only for food and sometime due to wind), and baby had been gaining more than 1kg in a month! I requested her to continue to take care of my baby for another month, but too bad, it's Chinese New Year time and she wanted to go home; else, I will be free from worrying about my baby for another month...

Personally, I do not pay attention to any of the pantang-larang about "do" and "don't" in confinement month. So, it has been quite easy for her also, becoz I told her that I do not want to eat those traditional confinement food. so, she just cook what ever I wanted to eat.

I think if CL is compatible with our lifestyle and our temperament then she is good... else ... sigh...

Also, "good" is difficult to define. Should she insist on certain things because it is "good" to you and the baby? or should she just let you be, even if it is truly harmful to your health.

I didn't hire a confinement lady, mainly because I happened to know only one "good" one at the time and came to find out that she wasn't very supportive of breastfeeding. Moreover, my hubby didn't want to keep having to drive to the market every other day......

In my case, a CL will probably be of no help. For my next baby, I think I will just hire a girl from the neighborhood to come in part time, to do light cleaning and to play with my toddler-to-be :) Maybe a teenager who needs extra money will do.

I went thru my confinement without a CL..

I think a CL would be useful if you are living close to the person who is in-charge of your daily meal. My mother cooks and sends to me everyday which is rather tiring. Breastfeeding mothers will get hungry fast and need to be constantly fed.. It is also advisable not to take any food that is kept in the fridge or overnight food. It causes baby to have "wind" for those who are breastfeeding. Thus, a CL will be available to cook fresh food anytime when hungry.

CL would also be needed if you have no one to handle the baby and cleaning. A lot of rest is needed for recovery, especially first 2 weeks postpartum. i have my MIL to help with the baby. She would bath and change the baby so i could get more sleep.. I will attend the baby only when he is hungry.. MIL would also clean the house and wash the clothings. For those who have elderly Mother or MIL, do consider a part time maid to do the cleaning.

:)

If you want a good rest during confinement, please allow some budget for confinement lady. This is especially applicable to those first time mom and without MIL or mother around to help you. i engaged confinement lady for my both pregnancy , the latest one was in May'08. She helped me to do a lot of household chores , cooking ( for my whole family), taking care of baby , laundry and etc. However, there are some disadvantages also, as they always "kakacaucau" on your daily routine, such as discourage you to breastfeed by making you to believe that you are unable to produce enough breast milk , impose a lot of Pantang without any rationale behind it & so on. So, for me, i don't simply follow what the confinement lady said, on the other hand, i will explain & share my understandings with her.

Anyway, the disadvantages are outweighed by those benefits of getting a confinement lady :P .

then where to get good cl if like tat??

hi

i like ur ?. sometimes it really depends on luck to get Good CL. also very subjective. 1 had experienced 3 CL, and if u r not choosy, maybe u might think the CL u hv is good. but for me, 3 times mum, i can say that the key is by luck and only reliable sources is tru friends that has engaged one before.

i am still on my confinement and has a CL now. Can email me if u want to know further. kathleenbkidswear@gmail.com.

then where to get good cl if like tat??

hi

i like ur ?. sometimes it really depends on luck to get Good CL. also very subjective. 1 had experienced 3 CL, and if u r not choosy, maybe u might think the CL u hv is good. but for me, 3 times mum, i can say that the key is by luck and only reliable sources is tru friends that has engaged one before.

i am still on my confinement and has a CL now. Can email me if u want to know further. kathleenbkidswear@gmail.com.

Hi Everybody,

CONFINEMENT LADY SERVICES

I am a confinement lady & has been working in this field for the pass 4 years. My age is 50 & I am a chinese lady from Ipoh, Malaysia. Language spoken are English, Mandarin & B. Malaysia. Dialet spoken are Cantonese, Hokkien & Hakka. I am interested in cooking & I can cook chinese dishes, western dishes & nonya dishes. I love babies very much.

I have been working in Kuala Lumpur, Johore, Penang , Ipoh and Singapore.

My job responsibilities are to cook 3 meals plus tea snacks. Nourishing breakfast will be prepare with care. Lunch & Dinner will have soup, meat/fish & vegetables. Tea snacks would be light desert. Herbal nourishing drink or double boil chicken essence for the new mothers to consume during the night.

Baby hygiene is important. Bathe, change nappy & help to feed the newborns. Taking care of the babies throughout the night.

I fully support & encourage new mothers to breastfeed. I will guide new mothers to breastfeed.

When mothers are going back to work schedule will be provided for the new mothers to express their milk for the babies in the day time.

Year 2009 I am already been booked for the month of May, June, August, October. I have 2 partners working along with me.

I will be accepting bookings for January 2010 onward and on Chinese New Year Periods.

APRIL 2009 - AT PRESENT I AM WORKING IN SINGAPORE and I be back to Malaysia again on 12th May 09

My contact no : +6012 517 9748

Email : jeannie.khor@yahoo.com

http://jeannie-confinement-lady.blogspot.com/

I am still in my confinement month. My CL is very good in handling baby. so far, she has been taking good care of my baby, and train him to go on a feeding routine, so that when she go back, I won't be having too much trouble on the feeding schedule. now, my baby sleep longer at night and more awake during day time. (she managed to train him in 2 weeks time!!!) baby was well feed, cry less (only for food and sometime due to wind), and baby had been gaining more than 1kg in a month! I requested her to continue to take care of my baby for another month, but too bad, it's Chinese New Year time and she wanted to go home; else, I will be free from worrying about my baby for another month...

Personally, I do not pay attention to any of the pantang-larang about "do" and "don't" in confinement month. So, it has been quite easy for her also, becoz I told her that I do not want to eat those traditional confinement food. so, she just cook what ever I wanted to eat.

Do you still hve the CL contact? Is she working for PG people as well

Hi Cherish..

We provide the services of confinement lady who are given extensive training in preparing traditional confinement menu, light slimming menu, vegetarian menu, and taking care of newborn baby as well mummy. The confinement lady will be staying with your for 28days up to full moon, we will send her to your door step or hospital to accompany you before discharge.

Our office is base in KL - Faber Plaza, Taman Desa, our service covering location in nationwide, and cater the package base on your needs.

Attached here our name card in more details, for your reference.

You may call me at 012-723-5975 for more details or drop me an email @ sharonconfinement@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Crystal Sam

Sharon Confinement Services

post-4127-1253778767_thumb.jpg

I also headached for finding the CL now.... i had find 1 CL intro by my good friend's.. she say this CL very good... will teach u how to take care ur healthy &the baby cry for wht.. then take care the baby in nite also... but i'm unlike can't hire her ..sad.gif cos she say she onli do in apartment / condominium onli wor... for double storey she can't do for me.. cos this CL had C-Section before so can't walk so much up and down.... haih!!

Now i still searching for the good CL... If someone need this CL I can intro her to u all... her price is RM2800.00

it's much depend on luck to get a good cl, regardless where she comes from.

I just delivered my baby 2 months ago, and before that did engage to a cl from my hometown ( it's not far away from Seremban ).

The initial price is RM 2.8K , i paid RM 200 up front for booking. I was 7 months heavily pregnant then.

4 weeks before my due date , this crooked mouth CL ( infact, she has a crooked mouth, pls beware of any crooked mouth CL from Tampin, Negeri Sembilan ) made a sudden excuse that she was hired by another client in S'pore and didn't have time for me, unless i raised her pay to RM3.5K as this is the market rate for KL-ites. ( RM 3.5K w/o angpow ). I did not succumb to her unreasonable demand. to cut the story short, , i found one( eventually ) from my friend's CL, as normally, they have strings of contacts of other CLs .

I never get full refund of my bookings, she insisted that it's my fault to discontinue her service at the first place.

Besides, some CLs like to exaggerate the amount of ang pow and gifts they receive from their ex-clients.

I also headached for finding the CL now.... i had find 1 CL intro by my good friend's.. she say this CL very good... will teach u how to take care ur healthy &the baby cry for wht.. then take care the baby in nite also... but i'm unlike can't hire her ..sad.gif cos she say she onli do in apartment / condominium onli wor... for double storey she can't do for me.. cos this CL had C-Section before so can't walk so much up and down.... haih!!

I just delivered my baby 2 months ago, and before that did engage to a cl from my hometown ( it's not far away from Seremban ).

The initial price is RM 2.8K , i paid RM 200 up front for booking. I was 7 months heavily pregnant then.

4 weeks before my due date , this crooked mouth CL ( infact, she has a crooked mouth, pls beware of any crooked mouth CL from Tampin, Negeri Sembilan ) made a sudden excuse that she was hired by another client in S'pore and didn't have time for me, unless i raised her pay to RM3.5K as this is the market rate for KL-ites. ( RM 3.5K w/o angpow ). I did not succumb to her unreasonable demand. to cut the story short, , i found one( eventually ) from my friend's CL, as normally, they have strings of contacts of other CLs .

I never get full refund of my bookings, she insisted that it's my fault to discontinue her service at the first place.

Besides, some CLs like to exaggerate the amount of ang pow and gifts they receive from their ex-clients.

Hello to all expecting mums and new mums,

I think it's time for someone to start a thread like this to discuss and share pros and cons of confinement ladies in Malaysia.

I hope Mr. Administrator wont delete this thread as it is not meant for appraisal or defamation on confinement ladies but more for the major benefits of all members in this forum so that everyone can have a clear idea of what to expect and what to avoid when it comes to choosing a confinement lady or a professional confinement service in malaysia. Everyone who has pleasant or bitter experience in employment of confinement services pls share your experience or warnings over unpleasant happenings during your confinement period. I think we really lack a thread that advise all our lovely mums how to avoid ending up choosing a bad confinement lady/service and having a really bad experience during confinement period. As far as i know there are really some bad culprits in the industry that deserve some fair judgement exposure about their notorious behaviours. Nonetheless, those who had great experience should share some good names and contacts so everyone can choose wisely.

For starters, as for my bad experience i have had a confinement lady from Cheras Tmn. Muda (Tai Ji Yun), introduced by Hui Hui or Wai Wai Confinement Services who would not hesitate to start a war with her employer. Literally had an outburst with her after endurance of numerous occassions. For the sake of my baby I did not prolong the outburst, giving in to her ridiculous attitude and i would definitely want to warn everyone here about this lady called Ah Ying (Ying Jey), a plump and stout chinese lady who's at her 50s (54 yo). I figured out her Bday is around 25 March and hence her unrelenting,contentious,fiery,petty temperament. She never admits her wrong and always tend to blame it on others. Imagine she could scold you aloud right in front of your in-laws and husband when you dont do according to her way. She also always look for excuses and ways to get herself out of responsibility when baby is not right. To sum up the cons about her, she is one tigress lady who dont like to be criticized, dont like to be challenged, likes to point your wrong relentlessly right in your face, and someone who could not draw out a line who's the boss n who's the worker. If really there is someone who loves a company for a quarrel or unhappy demeanours, take her, or otherwise, pls tell everyone to stay away from picking her. I condemn her for her bad EQ and impatience and also her despicable backstabbing to in-laws. Hereby i stress that i have no intent to defame her but my intent is to share just in case any of our lovely mums here bum into her unfortunately. Good Luck gals...

regards,

Ashley. post-4370-126979556136_thumb.jpg

Hello to all expecting mums and new mums,

I think it's time for someone to start a thread like this to discuss and share pros and cons of confinement ladies in Malaysia.

I hope Mr. Administrator wont delete this thread as it is not meant for appraisal or defamation on confinement ladies but more for the major benefits of all members in this forum so that everyone can have a clear idea of what to expect and what to avoid when it comes to choosing a confinement lady or a professional confinement service in malaysia. Everyone who has pleasant or bitter experience in employment of confinement services pls share your experience or warnings over unpleasant happenings during your confinement period. I think we really lack a thread that advise all our lovely mums how to avoid ending up choosing a bad confinement lady/service and having a really bad experience during confinement period. As far as i know there are really some bad culprits in the industry that deserve some fair judgement exposure about their notorious behaviours. Nonetheless, those who had great experience should share some good names and contacts so everyone can choose wisely.

For starters, as for my bad experience i have had a confinement lady from Cheras Tmn. Muda (Tai Ji Yun), introduced by Hui Hui or Wai Wai Confinement Services who would not hesitate to start a war with her employer. Literally had an outburst with her after endurance of numerous occassions. For the sake of my baby I did not prolong the outburst, giving in to her ridiculous attitude and i would definitely want to warn everyone here about this lady called Ah Ying (Ying Jey), a plump and stout chinese lady who's at her 50s (54 yo). I figured out her Bday is around 25 March and hence her unrelenting,contentious,fiery,petty temperament. She never admits her wrong and always tend to blame it on others. Imagine she could scold you aloud right in front of your in-laws and husband when you dont do according to her way. She also always look for excuses and ways to get herself out of responsibility when baby is not right. To sum up the cons about her, she is one tigress lady who dont like to be criticized, dont like to be challenged, likes to point your wrong relentlessly right in your face, and someone who could not draw out a line who's the boss n who's the worker. If really there is someone who loves a company for a quarrel or unhappy demeanours, take her, or otherwise, pls tell everyone to stay away from picking her. I condemn her for her bad EQ and impatience and also her despicable backstabbing to in-laws. Hereby i stress that i have no intent to defame her but my intent is to share just in case any of our lovely mums here bum into her unfortunately. Good Luck gals...

regards,

Ashley. post-4370-126979556136_thumb.jpg

hi ashley can;t view the attachement you given

hi, i did my confinement on 2008 and in cost me rm3000. the nanny will take care of the baby, wash my clothes n whole family clothes, prepair breakfast, dinner, lunch n tea break for me n my whole family, she also was clean my house accordingly. if u need any nanny pls dont hesitate to leave me a msg or sms to 016-3288602. i will provide u the nanny information. tq

I have friends who has been looking for confinement lady. I have friends who claimed they don't need one. I also have friends who totally 'no pantang' and went ahead to do whatever they want to the chagrins of their mums n MILs.

How helpful are confinement ladies? I just know that they help you to take care of your newborn. Don't know what else they do...

hi eunicepsw, can i have your CL contact? currently i'm looking for CL and I'm staying at setia alam, shah alam.

anyway, do u have any good CL to rocommend?

My email add: kllee1981@live.com