Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chanmi

My child has constipation problem,what should i do?

9 posts in this topic

My little girl is 2 years old, few days ago i let her try new milk powder. yesterday my child tends to hold on or refused to poo and today more serious,she totally dun wan to poo at all. she always complain her tummy pain,tired and cant sleep well and very cranky. i m worry because she refuse to eat and today just eat a little bit of bread. what should i do for her constipation problem?

My son is 4 years old now, is very common milk powder or changes to solid food may cause constipation because their tummies are small and tiny and is only easy to process simple food. Maybe you can try to add barley or prunes when the child is constipate. Juices are very helpful especially apple or prune, but don’t take too much as it is not as nutritious as formula milk and is high in sugar contain.

My 3 years old boy also have the same problem as your. He have a really big bowel movement once after few days. For you information. He only like to drink milk and take less vege and fruits. During his toilet time, I think he need to spend around 30 mins with squat toilet position. If he use sit toilet sure is more hard for him. I always force him to take more vegetables but still not helping. His stools are hard to come out too. Im really worried for his condition. Do we need to change his milk or other method we can try?

My son is 4 years old now, is very common milk powder or changes to solid food may cause constipation because their tummies are small and tiny and is only easy to process simple food. Maybe you can try to add barley or prunes when the child is constipate. Juices are very helpful especially apple or prune, but don’t take too much as it is not as nutritious as formula milk and is high in sugar contain.

My kids have constipation problem before, beside gv them more fruits, can try massage gently and rub baby’s tummy clockwise to ease the wind in the tummy. Some doctors may suggest to gv the child warm bath, it could help relax the child and ‘get things moving’ again. No harm trying since is free and no medication involve.

sometimes i will argue with my mother-in-law as she keep offering my little boy eat chocolate and fast food which leads to his irregular bowel movement.

i m frustrate when i offering healthy snacks like fruits smoothies to my kid, he dun wan eat at all..

recently my kid only go pass motion once for every 4 to 5 days and i noticed that the stools is very hard, dry and he always struggle when he poo.

i really no idea how to deal with my kid and my mother-in-law.

So sad to hear kids facing this problem. I ever saw a kids tummy so big when hi mother bring him to consult doctor at hospital. My advice to all parents. Kids need more time to overcome the fear of passing stools after the painful experience. Parents need to play the important rule on this to spend time with them everyday at toilet espeacially for kids less then 3 years old. Let them have the 'feel' and train them to go toilet everyday. Do you all know about Prebiotics? I think we ever hear this from Tv or read from newspaper about this words right? Prebiotics is food ingredient that help the growth and function of certain 'good' bacteria in the gut. Maybe you can try to choose the milk formula got Prebiotics Oligossaccharide Mixture. It helps to soften the stools and prevent constipation for toddlers.

today i went to consult Paediatrician and he gave me advise to admit my kid to hospital as she did not poo for 6 days already.

the Paediatrician give lots of medicine for my kid to eat in order to help her to have bowel movements.

as a monther i feel breaking heart to see her cry everytime she is put on the potty.

my mother-in-law also feel the pain when seeing her grandchildren in hospital. She already regret and promise to stop giving my kid junk foods and should give her eat more fruits.

oh it's a horrible situation. Why don't you go see a doctor and let him/her help you and your little girl.