BBphire

2YO too early for potty train???

11 posts in this topic

Hellooo mummies....

Started potty train for my LO 1 mth ago....is it too early coz my MIL said too young since she may not understand what happen which I disagreed!!!

Anyway that's not the main issues...lately notice that my LO tends to 'hold on' and sometime refuse to go to the toilet to poo....and when she did poo..her stools are dark and hard..she seems to have difficult time passing it out too..is this a sign of constipation or is it because of too early potty training??

She don't really like fruits and vege and eat a bit when force...

Google and found an article about too early potty training is no good...should I stop?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2176253/Its-accident-Doctor-says-early-toilet-training-HARM-potty-prodigies-shouldnt-attempted-age-three.html

thanks for sharing the article!! me also PT my boy when he is 1 1/2 yrs old....a bit hard coz you know la boy tends to 'water' it everywhere <_<

anyway don't think potty train will cause constipation la..mostly it's the food & liquid intake and also the milk formula that may cause constipation la..

anyway don't waste your effort la..PT trained for 1 mth already so keep it up!!!

'add oil' mommy BBphire :)

Hellooo mummies....

Started potty train for my LO 1 mth ago....is it too early coz my MIL said too young since she may not understand what happen which I disagreed!!!

Anyway that's not the main issues...lately notice that my LO tends to 'hold on' and sometime refuse to go to the toilet to poo....and when she did poo..her stools are dark and hard..she seems to have difficult time passing it out too..is this a sign of constipation or is it because of too early potty training??

She don't really like fruits and vege and eat a bit when force...

Google and found an article about too early potty training is no good...should I stop?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2176253/Its-accident-Doctor-says-early-toilet-training-HARM-potty-prodigies-shouldnt-attempted-age-three.html

sigh...my gal is almost 3 now but have not start potty train yet coz she is suffering from constipation and it's very difficult to put her to sit down on the potty. everytime she have the urge and abt to pass it out..she will start throwing her tanturms like screaming, kicking and started to stand up.

i can see her poo already but she still refused to poo...at the end she pass it out on her diapers...

she also don't like to eat fruits and vege but her favourite is milk!!

my hubby said to dilute her milk and give more so that she drink more liquids to help her to poo easily..is it ok? what else can i do to ease her constipation?

actually constipation not just happen during potty training la...it depends on what they eat..whether enough fibre, water etc lo...

is she don't like to eat fruits/vege..maybe can make her fruits/vege puree..try not to force it..try slowly to insert into her diet la...

also is she drinking milk powder? try to look for this ingredients..Prebiotics Oligosaccharide Mixture...it suppose to help to soften the stools so it's easy to pass out la...hope this will help

actually constipation not just happen during potty training la...it depends on what they eat..whether enough fibre, water etc lo...

is she don't like to eat fruits/vege..maybe can make her fruits/vege puree..try not to force it..try slowly to insert into her diet la...

also is she drinking milk powder? try to look for this ingredients..Prebiotics Oligosaccharide Mixture...it suppose to help to soften the stools so it's easy to pass out la...hope this will help

understand that potty training may not cause constipation but currently she have constipation...too tired and stress dealing with her constipation..that's why have not start the potty training..part of it also because heard abt horrible stories about potty training that can cause the child to become anxious and have the habit of holding on even when have the urge to go la...

by the way..what is this prebiotics oligosaccharide mixture? very scientific name...where can find it? supplements for constipation? sorry for being a blur mommy..

understand that potty training may not cause constipation but currently she have constipation...too tired and stress dealing with her constipation..that's why have not start the potty training..part of it also because heard abt horrible stories about potty training that can cause the child to become anxious and have the habit of holding on even when have the urge to go la...

by the way..what is this prebiotics oligosaccharide mixture? very scientific name...where can find it? supplements for constipation? sorry for being a blur mommy..

hahaha no worry la..me also blur blur at first but did a lot of research la...

when you search for milk powder try to find this Prebiotics mixture in the ingredients..my paediatrician gave me a sample of Dumex Mamil to try it out for my gal since she also have constipation when she switch her milk powder...been using it for 4 mths now..so far can see improvement in her stools...no more dry, flaky stools...

also when offering fruits to them, make sure you don't peel off the skin...wash thoroughly and encourage them to eat it all coz it contain more fibre.

hope this help and good luck!!!

hi.. i am about to start potty training with my little boy. wish me luck that will not have hard time.

anyway prebiotics oligosaccharide mixture.. you can fin it some milk products. this will be a big help also on your child.

#MamilStories

I would say you can start after 12 months, but it has to depend on how well the kid takes it as well.

RESTOCK WITH MORE NEW DESIGNS!!!
Having difficulties with toddler wee wee on bed? Here is the solution!
Pee pad which absorbs the pee,
No more changing bed sheet in the middle of night!!!
Mommy can have good night sleep!

Newly imported technology! No.1 in Malaysia!
100% cloth, durable, no plastic surface

Made of 3 layers : 1st layers – polyester (very smooth surface, cooling effect, suitable for newborn babies and toddlers)
2nd layer – breathable film (slower adsorption rate but hold liquid within the fabric, no leakage)
3rd layer – fleece (antislip technology, hold perfect position on bed sheet)

READY STOCKS!!!
size: 75 cm x 90 cm
colour: 11 cute cartoons designs
1. Cartoon vehicles (blue background)
2. Cartoon sheep (blue background)
3. Cartoon sheep (soft pink background)
4. Cartoon owls (turquoise green background)
5. Cartoon snowman (pink background)
6. Cartoon doggies (green background)
7. Cartoon monkeys (gray background)
8. Cartoon tractors (navy blue background)
9. Cartoon unicorns (soft pink background)
10. Cartoon owls (pink background)
11. Cartoon animals (pale yellow background)

Suggestion: you will need at least 2 pads for each child, in case 1 pad is wet, can replace the wet one with the spare pad.
Suitable for traveling purposes, can be placed in car seat, stroller, high chair etc.

Buy one @ RM60, buy two @ RM118
Remarks:
Soak the brand new pee pad in water/machine wash before use to enhance
the adsorption. Dry under sunlight, strictly no drying with drier.
postage to west malaysia : additional RM 7
postage to east malaysia : additional RM 10
ship within 1-3 days

For more information, plz send sms/whatsapp/line me via 0060173632608.
plz contact me for postage to overseas.

RESTOCK WITH MORE NEW DESIGNS!!!
Having difficulties with toddler wee wee on bed? Here is the solution!
Pee pad which absorbs the pee,
No more changing bed sheet in the middle of night!!!
Mommy can have good night sleep!

Newly imported technology! No.1 in Malaysia!
100% cloth, durable, no plastic surface

Made of 3 layers : 1st layers – polyester (very smooth surface, cooling effect, suitable for newborn babies and toddlers)
2nd layer – breathable film (slower adsorption rate but hold liquid within the fabric, no leakage)
3rd layer – fleece (antislip technology, hold perfect position on bed sheet)

READY STOCKS!!!
size: 75 cm x 90 cm
colour: 11 cute cartoons designs
1. Cartoon vehicles (blue background)
2. Cartoon sheep (blue background)
3. Cartoon sheep (soft pink background)
4. Cartoon owls (turquoise green background)
5. Cartoon snowman (pink background)
6. Cartoon doggies (green background)
7. Cartoon monkeys (gray background)
8. Cartoon tractors (navy blue background)
9. Cartoon unicorns (soft pink background)
10. Cartoon owls (pink background)
11. Cartoon animals (pale yellow background)

Suggestion: you will need at least 2 pads for each child, in case 1 pad is wet, can replace the wet one with the spare pad.
Suitable for traveling purposes, can be placed in car seat, stroller, high chair etc.

Buy one @ RM60, buy two @ RM118
Remarks:
Soak the brand new pee pad in water/machine wash before use to enhance
the adsorption. Dry under sunlight, strictly no drying with drier.
postage to west malaysia : additional RM 7
postage to east malaysia : additional RM 10
ship within 1-3 days

For more information, plz send sms/whatsapp/line me via 0060173632608.
plz contact me for postage to overseas.