meesuhaimee

Malaysia housing loan similar to SIBOR?

14 posts in this topic

I m so envy because my Singapore friend bought a condo in Singapore.

He told me that he manage to secure lower interests rate with SIBOR home loan package.

And He also told me that a housing loan which is similar to SIBOR will start having in Malaysia soon,

can I know is that true and more detail about this?

Are you referring to KLIBOR?

SIBOR- Singapore Interbank Offered Rate. It is set daily by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). More
than anything else, the SIBOR serves as a benchmark, or a reference rate
for borrowers and lenders that are involved directly or indirectly in
an Asian financial market.

KLIBOR stand for Kuala Lumpur Interbank Offered Rate, is it quite similar to SIBOR.

He told me that he manage to secure lower interests rate with SIBOR home loan package.
And He also told me that a housing loan which is similar to SIBOR will start having in Malaysia soon,

who say Malaysia dun hv? You go Standard Chartered Bank .. they already have such loan package already..

I think almost all the bank will have de as BNM already announce that the KLIBOR will replace the BLR housing loan that currently had in the market!

Form the statement they give the BLR seem not really adapt to the market situation and need to be replace with the KLIBOR..

Mayb u should have a look at this news

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2013/12/19/New-rate-framework-likely-Bank-Negara-governor-says-BLR-is-losing-its-relevance.aspx/

agreed with honeyzebra.. he had mentioned 1 bank and also Hong Leong Bank that are very few banks in malaysia hv KLIBOR rate home loan now.now you still can choose you prefer with BLR and KLIBOR rate but somehow there is no more BLR in 2015 and all home loan is use KLIBOR rate

the differences over the interests rate is sedikit shj la! why bother..? if you know how to calculate either SIBOR or BLR rate. small different only

Hey.. Just get to know got a topic talking about KLIBOR!

I just go to standard charted bank asking for housing loan and the officer recommend 2 kind of package of conventional loan and KLIBOR loan.

He got explain to me the different of both loan but for me still think it's so complicated.

If for the moment, which loan is better for me to take?

haha,,for me i sure pick the loan that can give me the best final rate and must consider the valued added package.

i tell u actually there is no much different for the rate wise because based on the history of past 2 year the BLR -2.5% and KLIBOR + 1% currently both rate are almost same. lets me calculate for u if ur home loan amount is within 300k range,no matter which loan u choose only can save u little bit money. thats money is for a

starbucks drink. Lol :D

BLR home loan outdated very soon d. No more BLR home loan starting 2015,
it will replace by KLIBOR.KLIBOR will be more regulated as it is more align to
BN direction. People just dun care abt the BLR rate sooner or later,no one will
know the rate. If I were to choose a home loan, I will choose KLIBOr..

I also know that start 2015 all the housing loan will count in KLIBOR rate and mean by in 2015 all the loan we get will be in KLIBOR!!

just wonder what is the KLIBOR rate now??

Where can we get the rate??

Since the KLIBOR rate is change daily so the housing loan interest rate also change daily???

Will it be risky on this??

my brother working in bank and he got mention to me about KLIBOR.

he told me that KLIBOR home loan package interest rate is updated every 3 months.

and there is the method how KLIBOR home loan interest rate is calculate:

- for the first 3-Month KLIBOR is fixed on the business day immediately before the first loan disbursement date.
- follow by the next 3 months interest rate is sets by adopting the 3-month KLIBOR rate which is fixed on the last business day of the 3 months period.
You can always refer to Standard Chartered Bank or Hong Leong Bank, which the only 2 bank with KLIBOR loan if u wan to find out more.

I agree with what u said becky7 said, KLIBOR is definitely
better choice compare to BLR, as BLR
going to be outdated very soon. KLIBOR is more align with BN direction. Just the same like you plan to buy a car, if you know an old car
abt to phase out, definitely u wun buy as later may hv problem to find spare
parts? New car maybe more expensive bt is more reliable. That’s why KLIBOR will
be more regulated as people will tend to forget BLR soon.

Hey.. Just get to know got a topic talking about KLIBOR!

I just go to standard charted bank asking for housing loan and the officer recommend 2 kind of package of conventional loan and KLIBOR loan.

He got explain to me the different of both loan but for me still think it's so complicated.

If for the moment, which loan is better for me to take?

I just got my home loan approved recently with CIMB bank. I got Islamic Banking Loan. In fact, we had been gossip abit to talk about KLIBOR home loan. My officer told me that he think KLIBOR rate will be continue keep on going up... therefore if you applied KLIBOR loan, you will expect to pay very very high interest rate