ctmariah

Pls 'ban' adoption topics

10 posts in this topic

Hi. I am a regular reader of this forum and as a mommy of one lovely child, I go to this kind of forum to seek help. However, I saw an increase in this forum to adopt or to find baby for adoption. This forum has changed to a 'sale and advert' forum rather than an helping forum.

So whoever is the admin, please try to stop this kind of thread. Some who 'advert' their baby to be adopt are not real. They just cut and paste from internet.

This is what I think so far. Thanks for reading.

Hi, i'm monitoring the situation, have the same feeling as well. We don't have concrete move yet, but will be working on it.

Hi,

Honestly, I was a bit disturbed and shocked to see this adoption topic. A human life is at stake but the baby is being discussed as an item for sale and buy or to be negotiated for terms between 2 parties. While I understand there are childless couples who are desperate for a child, I think there are proper channels for it though I think the red tape and bureaucracy is a deterrent for these people who want a baby fast. On the other hand, for all we know there are con people around waiting to pounce on unsuspecting victims.

I feel it's not a bad thing and I have read some of the posts. No money was mentioned so it's not a "sale advert." Maybe some are in a desperate position and thus resort to the internet as it's one of the easiest reach-out. If the parent is for real and not con people, there are many childless couple willing to help take care of the baby. Red tape and bureaucracy is terrible in Malaysia. There are many reasons why a childless couple cannot adopt and I believe there are as many childless couple as there are unwanted babies or orphans. It's a sad situation.

for people who have children they should thank the stars for those like me who dont and cant we are living in limbo and feeling incomplete everyday of our life. the forum is a good place for people who cant keep their babies for personal reasons to find family's for their babies without having to face social stigma. if they dint have a forum like this they could choose other not so nice ways and the child could be in a worst condition then being adopted by people who have yearned for years to have a child.

you don't know what it's like to spend tens of thousands and to go through so much pain,un-certainty and mountains of hope only to be told again and again your test was negative.

we only come to this forum as a last resort and we have to humble ourselves just to get a chance to even speak with a potential parent who wants to put a child up for adoption. we would never buy a child and would only adopt one if the parents are genuine and only if they go through the proper adoption channels.

what is so wrong for a person who cant give a child a life to put up a thread to find adoptive parents who would give the child the world??

Lets be real, baby conceived out of wedlock is a social problem and the number of baby dumping is on the rise. Not to mention the cases of babies or young
children abused by their caretakers or parents, mainly due to poverty. Many teenagers/single parent/underpriviledge families are looking for adoptive parents for their babies..

For childless couple who are genuinely looking for babies to adopt, I see this as a forum they may find what they always dreaming of, provided every party MUST
abide by the laws & regulations for adoption.

I personally don’t agree with the propose to ban all together.

Instead of banning the topic all together, may be we can suggest a way to facilitate that discussion in a more controlled way?

For example dedicate a topic and confine the discussion there.

I'm new here an the many number of adoption topics are making me sad. This should not be looked like a place for baby adoption.

We will remove all adoption request / response from this forum as we feel that malaysianmotherhood.com is not the right place for such matters.