Melody

Placenta Previa - Low Lying Placenta

8 posts in this topic

Hello mummies out there,

Anyone have this complication before? I went for checkup during my wk14 and doc found out that my placenta is very low, most probably won't move up coz it's major placenta previa, placenta totally covering the cervix. So my only option is to have a c-section when my baby is due. My doc also told me this condition may cause bleeding around wk34 onwards. If bleeding occurs, then have to be admitted to the hospital until the baby is born.

Anyone with this experience pls give me some advice on what to avoid, doc only told me not to do strenous activities and prevent constipation. So any other advice? Like standing, walking or squatting?

Thank you.

Hi Melody,

I hope you're feeling better. I didn't have Placenta Previa but did have very low lying placenta. Do listen to your doctor, no straineous exercise, just rest a lot. By your 27 weeks/3rd Trimester, pack your overnight bag to be ready if you need to go to the hospital (I will be doing this next week). It is OK to walk moderately but do not take long stressful walks such as tiring holiday trips where you go sight seeing. No carrying heavy items at all, this includes heavy groceries and shopping.

In your 3rd Tri, spend more time off your feet, resting. Reason gor being so careful is so that your placenta doesn't tear away from your Uterus. Get lots of rest.

Even though I only had a low lying placenta, I was not allowed to exercise either until it has stretched up a little. Lots of rest, remember :)

Hi Melody,

I hope you're feeling better. I didn't have Placenta Previa but did have very low lying placenta. Do listen to your doctor, no straineous exercise, just rest a lot. By your 27 weeks/3rd Trimester, pack your overnight bag to be ready if you need to go to the hospital (I will be doing this next week). It is OK to walk moderately but do not take long stressful walks such as tiring holiday trips where you go sight seeing. No carrying heavy items at all, this includes heavy groceries and shopping.

In your 3rd Tri, spend more time off your feet, resting. Reason gor being so careful is so that your placenta doesn't tear away from your Uterus. Get lots of rest.

Even though I only had a low lying placenta, I was not allowed to exercise either until it has stretched up a little. Lots of rest, remember :)

Hi Janice,

Thanks for the reply, and congrats to you, you're having a baby boy!! I'm so happy for you. My doc can only confirm my baby's gender from the next visit onwards, most probably a girl. I still can't really feel my baby kicking yet, really confusing, can't differentiate whether it's baby kicking or gas in my stomach.

I think I better rest more and move around less... to prevent the worst scenario from happening. My problem now is I'm still having some queesiness on and off, no appetite. Hopefully will gain weight from now on, I lost a kg since pregnant... my hubby has been making noise that I lost weight. Did you have morning sickness in early pregnancy? Lost any weight? My mum-in-law keep telling me I need to put on 10kg so that baby will be healthy and strong... this is making me stress, what can I do if my appetite is still not as good yet?

Wish that our pregnancies will be smooth sailing and have healthy and cute babies! Cheers!! :D

Hi Janice,

Thanks for the reply, and congrats to you, you're having a baby boy!! I'm so happy for you. My doc can only confirm my baby's gender from the next visit onwards, most probably a girl. I still can't really feel my baby kicking yet, really confusing, can't differentiate whether it's baby kicking or gas in my stomach.

I think I better rest more and move around less... to prevent the worst scenario from happening. My problem now is I'm still having some queesiness on and off, no appetite. Hopefully will gain weight from now on, I lost a kg since pregnant... my hubby has been making noise that I lost weight. Did you have morning sickness in early pregnancy? Lost any weight? My mum-in-law keep telling me I need to put on 10kg so that baby will be healthy and strong... this is making me stress, what can I do if my appetite is still not as good yet?

Wish that our pregnancies will be smooth sailing and have healthy and cute babies! Cheers!! :D

Hi Melody,

Congratulations to your pregnancy. How far along are you in your pregnancy? If you're in your 1st Tri and losing a little weight, it is not a worry at all! Baby is so tiny that he/she takes enough nutrition from you. It is NOT A PROBLEM :) It is a myth that one has to start putting on weight from Day 1. Once you hit 2nd Tri, you will start eating again. Sometimes, the nausea comes and goes. I got some back a couple of weeks ago, especially after dinner. It's all very normal. The most important thing you have to do is make sure you take your vitamins.

My morning sickness was mostly nausea (no vomiting) in 1st Tri. I had severe back aches and had to use heat packs a lot. Now, I have bad nasal congestion, sometimes very bad heartburn. My feet are so swollen and painful that I had to look for compresion socks to wear at night. Have also gotten wrist splints because have started getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain in hands). All due to hormones. I thought, since I didn't vomit at all, I am now paying in other ways.

Wishing you a lovely scan next week to find out if you have a baby girl or boy :)

Hi Janice,

I'm 18wks now and went for checkup today, my doc said very high possibility that I will have a baby girl. I wonder is it true that all the fertilised embryos will be either all girls or all boys? Coz I've seen so many cases that they either get all boys or all girls... Really can't wait to start buying stuff for baby... in-laws said pantang to buy too early... so no choice. Doc also said the placenta moved 50% away from the cervix, so hopefully it will continue moving away.

I guess every pregnancy is different and we get symptoms in different ways. My morning sickness was like vomitting every other day, the worst was 5 times a day... and some days are just ok, only mild nausea. I'm now feeling almost like normal, just some headaches from not getting enough sleep at night.

Hope that you're feeling better now, I guess all these are bearable when you think of what's your reward after 40wks of wait.:P

Hi melody, it's good to hear that your placenta has moved. That is great news! This means mot likely it'll be just fine. Mine moved at late 2nd Trimester. You should only be concerned if you're in 3rd Tri and it still hasn't moved.

I will be 32 weeks this Tuesday. Time flies too fast! Most expectant mothers can't wait for baby to be born but for me, I do enjoy the being pregnant. I've been very lucky that my pregnancy was quite good. Although I had nausea in 1st Tri, swollen and painful hands and feet, I haven't vomited at all.

Congratulations on your baby girl! Have you found a name for her yet? At about 18 weeks, it's the same time my symptoms subsided a bit. I think you will really love 2nd Tri. You'll get to wear clothes to show off your baby bump! Do enjoy yourself :)

Hi Janice,

I think I'm one of those impatient preggy mummies, I can't wait to see my baby girl!! I'm now 22wks, another 16wks to go... went to checkup today and doc said she's an active baby.

My mother-inlaw and hubby were nagging me to eat more, since I only put on 3.5kg till now. But doc said my baby is considered big size, compared to the norm. So if I decide to go for natural birth, have to start controlling weight gain. I think most probably I will opt for c-sec, since doc predicted my size is quite difficult to go for natural birth.

What I can't stand about being pregnant is that I can't sleep well, and can't get to wear nice clothes... especially CNY is coming... only can wear baggy clothes. But luckily I have some hand-me-downs maternity clothes from my sis-inlaw, so only bought 2 pieces of them, didn't waste on clothes.

Yep, hubby and I have decided on baby's name... it's been my favourite name for a long time since we've started TTC. But have to ask fortune teller whether the strokes of the Chinese characters are suitable or not. My in-laws are particular on the birth date and time, and also the name that will be prosperous for baby and parents.

What about you Janice? You're trying for natural birth? I don't think I'm brave enough for that... Wish you all the best and have a healthy and cute baby boy!! Cheers!! :D

Hi Congratulation for mummy...

I'm the Founder of Mama Placenta Encapsulation Services. Mama Placenta is a humble home based placenta encapsulation service that helps new mothers to turn their baby's precious placenta into palatable capsule form to achieve a natural postpartum recovery. Mama Placenta is located in Selangor /Perak, Malaysia.

The purpose of the mother ingesting encapsulated placenta is to reintroduce the beneficial vitamins, minerals, hormones, proteins, and other nutrients to her body following labor and birth which may help restore a more balanced body function, assist in the prevention of “baby blues” and the more serious postpartum depression, increase breast-milk production and quality, shorten healing time, increase maternal energy levels, and provide an over-all feeling of wellness. We use only the highest quality vegetarian capsules made from 100% vegetable derived source HPMC (Hidroxy, Propyl, Methyl, Cellulose), free of starch, sugar, corn, syrup, wheat, dairy, and other potential irritants or preservatives. The v-caps I use for the encapsulation process are Kosher & Halal certified.
Just want share it to all mummies..